Sobotske Namestie 1730/6, Poprad, 058 01, Slovakia

More about Poprad

Spišská SobotaSpišská Sobota

our carriageour carriage

entrance to Podtatranske Museumentrance to Podtatranske Museum

part of the interiorpart of the interior

flights and hotel USA to Poprad

by porschemech1

Can anyone help me?
I am new here looking for flights and hotels I wish to fly round trip from Massachusets USA to Poprad SK I would stay two weeks and anjoy all nature and the little things in life.

RE: flights and hotel USA to Poprad

by dvoretzky

Find a deal for a Boston-London flight and then book Sky Europe (www.skyeurope.com) for the London-Poprad part of the journey for peanuts.

RE: flights and hotel USA to Poprad

by katuska79

actualy,there are 3 low-cost airlines flying from london to bratislava (check ryanair, easyjet, skyeurope) and then you can take an Intercity train to Poprad. it's only around 15 USD.
hope you'll enjoy poprad and high tatras...

Travel Tips for Poprad

Poprad

by hdv63

"Poprad 1"

During my Slovakia travels I always saw Porad on the roadmarks, so this year we went to Porad to see som of the town and we liked it. I took this picture in the centre of Porad with a very Dutch beer parasol.

"Poprad"

The market in Poprad

A transport interchange, not a destination?

by kit_mc

"Bratislava - Poprad - Levoca"

I wouldn't normally put down a town on VT where I've only been to the train / bus station, but this place was so grim, and the bus timetable so confusing, that we ended up waiting needlessly for hours in one of the most dreadful transport interchanges I've ever been to!

Arriving at the station, you do feel like you're in a different country to Bratislava. Immediately you notice that the bus and train stations are much more dark and depressing and the characters hanging around just that little bit more dodgy.

Poprad is quite a popular interchange station, and a jumping off point for people hiking in the beautiful High Tatra mountain range.

"Come prepared with bus timetable!"

In fairness, I know of very few bus or train stations that are actually any fun to be in! They tend to be really sad and depressing places the world over. What made this afternoon especially annoying though was that the bus timetables were full of symbols and various markings indicating when buses did or didn't run, explanations in Slovakian only. It also wasn't always clear from the buses themselves where they were going. I'd strongly advise checking the IDOS site for timetable info and connections in this place before you get there.

"Alternative opinions"

I understand that Poprad has a pleasant enough central square and some Spis architecture but this is unlikely to be a place that you will go out of your way to spend time in. I would have liked to have spent an hour or so in the centre to provide a better impression of the place, but it appeared to be a bit of a trek with the rucksacks on our backs, so we didn't bother. It was also freezing cold and we were keen to press on to Levoca.

I'd welcome any comments from people who have visited or live in Poprad and have less negative impressions than I do! Maybe in the summer it's a nice place to be. I'm sure at least that the town centre is more attractive than the station!

Comments