Villa Dr. Szontagh

More about Poprad

Heineken in Poprad, 29-07-2008Heineken in Poprad, 29-07-2008

train stationtrain station

St. Egidius churchSt. Egidius church

pizzeria from outsidepizzeria from outside

Aqua City

by doofus

I was wondering if anyone has ever stayed in or visited the Aqua Park in Poprad. If so I would appreciate your views and comments. Many thanks, Peter

RE: Aqua City

by katuska79

i think aqua city in poprad is OK. but i prefer the one in liptovsky mikulas (called tatralandia). there are more attractions there...

RE: RE: Aqua City

by doofus

many thanks for that. Where exactly is the place that you recommended? I am intending to go next March and fly to Poprad. Nothing definite on that as we are flexible. Look forward to hearing from you. regards, Peter

RE: RE: Aqua City

by katuska79

there is one aqua city in poprad. then another one in liptovsky mikulas which is around 40 mins. by train from poprad.

Travel Tips for Poprad

Maps and more

by yumyum

We didn´t manage to visit the tourist office but it is located on Namestie sv. Egidia 15. We picked up a free map which pointed out a few places of interest in the hotel. The map is terribly basic though, so you may want to print out one from the internet beforehand like I did as our guide book about Slovakia didn´t have one either.

If you have time then you should also visit the part of town called "Spisska Sobota". Unfortuantely, we didn´t have time to do so this time.

Hip Hup Popraday!

by bartoloray

"Tatras"

First of all I consider myself lucky of visiting Poprad once in my life. Its a perfect destination for a tourist. It is cheap but most of all there are places of interest in every 100 square metres. Poprad is rich of sightseeing, especially the Tatras Mountains.

apart of all this there is Tatralandia...a superb aqua park. It is cheap but most of all fantastci...21 slides, 9 tubes and much much more...I spent a whole day in Tatralandia and I spent such a good time there...

International festival of mountain films in Poprad

by Lupienok

"Yearly event"

International festival of mountain films is a week long event that takes part in this small Slovakian town every year and is set in Gerlach cinema at the beginnig of October. Do not miss this international event while in Poprad or nearby Vysoke Tatry.

Comments