Villa Necas

Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

More about Zilina

A View of ZiliniaA View of Zilinia

Zilina, the grey building, 01-08-2008Zilina, the grey building, 01-08-2008

Hiking (village not far from Zilina)Hiking (village not far from Zilina)

Friendly but no English...Friendly but no English...

Travel Tips for Zilina

Zilina

by suvanki

"Our road trip continues"

After lunch in Namestova, we continued on, and arrived at Zilina, where we were to stay for the night. We found rooms at the Grand Hotel, and after quickly unpacking, headed off to explore the town Square and surroundings, before finding a bar where we could eat.

Zilina is located in North East Slovakia, and is one of the largest towns of the Slovak Republic.

On my way to Cicmany - Zilina

by shiningliao

"Zilina to Cicmany? *&^%$... I guess that means NO."

This is Zilina bus station. I was on my way to Cicmany. Complex bus time table, no one speak English, bloody hot... I guess there is no way to go to Cicmany today!

"1500 koruna!"

After getting no where at the Zilina bus station. I decide to hire a taxi driver to Cicmany. Haggling the price from 2000 koruna one way to 1500 koruna... return. £30 pounds, acceptable to me. So, I managed to reach Cicmany and I believe it's a good deal for him. Smile, mate!

"Small train station"

This is a small train station that looks like in South Taiwan. Quit interesting for me.

PS: This is not Zilina trainstation. It is a small transtation on the way to Zillian... from Bratislava. Thanks to VT member:fkusenda who remind me.

Strecno Hrad

by Zmrzlina

"The first hrad I ever saw"

Back in 1997, I saw this hrad while on the way to the mountains with friends. We didn't stop because it was getting late, but the I could not get the image of this ancient pile of stone out of my head and I vowed to return. I did return in 2000.

The top picture is a postcard and I hate to use postcards on my pages, but I didn't get a good photo from the bottom looking up. And even this view does not do justice to the this impressive sight.

I will be back with story.

"Entrance"