St Dominique’s Church
This small church was built in the late 17th century in a small square opposite the fruit and veg market. The church has a 16th century painting of Mother of God, St Francis and St Dominique behind the altar but has been closed for a long time.
St Maurus Church Pt2
On the walls are images of St Maurus' life painted in the 19th century.
A Tabernacle. On the altar are the statues (from left to right) of St. Francis, St. Pasqual Baylon, St. Bernadine of Siena and St. Anthony.
The Virgin Mary with the Belt by Francesco Minotta in 1670.
The Madonna of Lourdes, 1954.
Organ from the Church of Our Lady Alieto dating from the 18th century. The organ is from Nikic's workshop and was originally made for this church but was transferred to the Church of Our Lady Alieto in 1796. There are only a few of Nikic's organs preserved. This one will be transferred back once the Church of Our Lady Alieto has been renovated.
On the ceiling there are four big paintings (from the altar to the choir):
St. Peter and St. Paul
St. Maurus and St. Donatus
St. Maurus praying to save Izola from the army of Genoa
St. Mark and St. Joseph
Above the arches are 24 rectangular pictures from the Bible. 12 of them are taken from the Old Testament and 12 from the New Testament. They were painted by Sergio Sergi in the 19th century.