Veliki trg 11, Izola, 6310, Slovenia

More about Izola

Parish Church of St MaurusParish Church of St Maurus

Bus from Izola to Trieste

by Druss

Can i get a Bus to Trieste from Izola and back to Izola at night.

Thx

Re: Bus from Izola to Trieste

by delcity

give this site a try (www.idos.cz ) the main page when you change to english page seems to leed some people to think there is only information on buses and trains in czech republic here.
the site has information on most forms of transport for most of europe.
for the page in english/british click on the uk/british flag.

Travel Tips for Izola

Do the usual thing applying to...

by oja

Do the usual thing applying to Mediterranean towns - watch, wander, wonder and enjoy it slowly! Chatting to fishermen in the morning, strolling around the market or trying some homegrown wine like refosk wouldn't hurt either. In short - enjoy! A very personal thing, so do not read on unless you want to know me better... So: I was invited to Izola as a guest at the literary workshop, and had a reading at Besenghi Palace (more about the building in a must-see section). This was at the time when I had been tired of waiting for my first novel to be published, and had stopped thinking about it altogether. But just as I was getting ready to walk in and greet the audience with a pile of printed sheets in my hand, two people from my publisher's house appeared and said, There you go, it's out. And there it was - my book. My firstborn. I was touching it, looking at it, smelling it, recognising my own words anew - in short, I couldn't quite believe it was there. But it was, at last, and in I walked and read from my actual book for the first time. The audience was great and for some precious moments I felt on top of the world. That night I officially became a writer, and I will definitely never forget it!

... just so that it's not always Piran!

by oja

Izola is a small, very old, lovely, pleasant, safe, lively, and often overlooked Mediterranean town situated between Koper and Piran. Its name says that it used to be an island (Isola in Italian), but those days are long gone and nowadays you're able to reach the heart of the old town on foot. And why not do it if you're in the vicinity?

Comments