Koper Hotels

Our Members Say

• jorgejuansanchez profile photo jorgejuansanchez
  • Reviews: 2419

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Museum Bife and Hostel: The cheapest hostel in Koper

I was OK, it was clean, but the showers in the corridor.

The cheapest place that I found for a single in Koper. I paid 19 Euro.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Historical Travel, Backpacking
  • Written August 15, 2014

My hostel

• Redang profile photo Redang
  • Reviews: 2924

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

A bit far from the centre of the town, but...: Hotel Bio

It's true that it's a bit far from the city centre, but my stay was nice there. The direction is very well indicated and it was quite easy for me to get there by car.

The reason for my stay there was because I didn't find accommodation in Piran and there are restrictions for cars in the city centre.

Koper is about 15 kms. north of Piran.

Nice and clean and no noise during the night.
Twin room: 74,00 € (Aug. '09), B&B, free parking and free internet access.

Note:
- Tel.:
The web says: (+386) (0)5 625 88 84; however, the card they gave me says: (0)5 625 88 85
- Fax:
The web says: (+386) (0)5 625 88 85; however, the card they gave me says: (0)5 625 88 84

I think that the correct numbers are the web's ones, but I can't promise you anything.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written September 10, 2009
Tip Photo

Hotel Bio (Koper, Slovenia)

• coceng profile photo coceng
  • Reviews: 4800

Some Accomodation Options...

If you want to stay in & around Koper, I would suggest these :

Camping Ground the nearest is at Ankaran, about 10 km away to the north by road.
Also, another camping ground at Izola, 8 km away to the west.

PRIVATE ROOMS :
Kompas Travel Ageny has private rooms for 2000 to 2500 SIT, depending on the category & the season.

HOSTEL :
Koper has one of Slovenia's 6 official Hostels.
Dijaski Dom Koper. 5 storey building in the Old Town ! The address is, Cankarjeva ulica 6; Phone : 627 32 52.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Backpacking, Historical Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written September 15, 2003

• andrejk profile photo andrejk
  • Reviews: 27

Youth hostel Koper

The student residence in Koper becomes a youth hostel in summer, and also welcomes families and others who want to spend their vacations in the center of Koper.

• Related to: Backpacking, Singles, Budget Travel
  • Written February 12, 2003
Tip Photo

• maykal profile photo maykal
  • Reviews: 1436

Dijaski Dom Koper, at...

Dijaski Dom Koper, at Cankarjeva ulica in the old town, is the local representative of Hostelling International. It actually doubles as a boarding house for students aged 16+, and outside the summer, only a few beds are available for travellers. I was the only foreign guest, and the receptionists seemed fairly surprised that I should want to stay there...'but Piran is so close, why don't you stay there?'. I persevered, and was given a bed in a three-bedded student room...little did I realise that I would actually be sharing with two of the resident students! Luckily for me, they didn't mind me being there, in fact they quite enjoyed it because it meant they could break some of the house rules. Normally, there is a curfew at 9pm, everyone should be in their rooms by 9.30 and lights out at 10pm. I wasn't quite ready for sleeping at 10, and sat reading...in came the night porter, and started shouting at us to turn the lights out, but the students argued on my behalf that I was a foreign guest and should be treated better!!! The porter, very embarrassed and apologetic, quickly gave permission to stay up late, and made a hasty exit! How old were these two particular students?...19! In England, 19 year old students don't go to bed at 10pm, they go out! The following night, they told me that if a certain night-porter was on duty it might be possible to sneak out and sample Koper's nightlife, whatever that may have been...but unfortunately the sleepy careless porter wasn't on duty that night...oh well, maybe next time.
2000 SIT per night, (I think). On checking out, I was informed that breakfast was also included in that. The receptionist said, 'you didn't miss much, though'.

The book of rules in Slovene is excellent! The night-porter popping in to let me know it was 'lights out' already was also an unexpected surprise. The intercom was certainly unusual, especially when there was a message for me in English to go and collect my passport!

• Written August 26, 2002