AHotel

Booking.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 12% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Ljubljana

in garden setting (menu)in garden setting (menu)

mencigar nobile prekmurska gostilnamencigar nobile prekmurska gostilna

Sustarski most (Cobblers Bridge)Sustarski most (Cobblers Bridge)

Around LjubljanaAround Ljubljana

Possible to find party on monday?

by AnatolyZ

hi travel friends!!!
is it possible find olz any party in Ljubljana on monday?(Disco,dancing,something..???)if yes where?
Thanks a lot!!!
yours
Anatoly

Re: Possible to find party on monday?

by picek

Hi,
you could try to metelkova for nightlife, maybe there will be something for you

or festival. Trnfest started. Intersting things going on there:

Check out the links I gave. Or general events in the capital:

Hope you'll enjoy!

Travel Tips for Ljubljana

Travel by car.

by popi3

If you decide to travel in Slovenia by car you haven’t any problem. The roads are in very good conditions, motorways and inside the towns. It is improbable ôï lost your ways because there are tablets all the time. There is and many road tools but it isn’t matter because the road is perfect.

As you fly into Ljubljana LOOK OUT the window!

by McBuddah

Besides wandering around stari trg and enjoying the atmosphere, I'd say going to the Sunday morning "antique" flea market (bols'e sejem) along the Ljubljanica river is loads of fun. I always looked for cool old pictures of Tito, or trinkets and knicknacks, and usually found many. My favorite find I think... was my 1950s vintage Las'ko pivo beer mug with red writing. I got two, one for me and one for my flea marketing partner that morning. I think they have it every Sunday morning from May until late October. I'm not sure though. Just get there by 10am or so and you'll enjoy. I have so many. I really can't pick one, or write it here if I could. But, New Years in Ljubljana is ALWAYS fun. Never mind the bottle rockets the drunk kids shoot at you or the explosions all around, or the broken bottles of booze... it is just a wonderful celebration! The Slovenes are marvelous and love a good time.

Street art for free

by GillianMcLaughlin

As with many central European towns, Ljubljana’s shop entrances are identified by fine metal decorations, normally relating to the trade found within, or some historical association. In the photo you see one of the 2 black birds which overlook the entrance to the wonderful Gostilna Sokol restaurant.

Elsewhere you will find dragons, paintbrushes and books. Just keep looking up!

Ursuline's Church

by codrutz

The city is a lovely place to spend day after day, walking and discovering This is the church of the Ursulines and the Column of Plague (raised because the plague has not errupted in the city of Ljubljana)

... relax.

by Lochlainn

I left with many fond memories of Ljubljana that I'll expand on in my travelogue. Perhaps the most memorable was wandering the suburban streets in a thunderstorm at night, not knowing where the hell I was and equipped for the elements with nothing more substantial than jeans, a tee shirt, and a crappy little umbrella that defied all manner of trade description acts. Maybe it's just the Irish in me, but despite my obviously chronic sense of direction I located three bars and one garage that sold beer before finally - and almost accidentally - locating the apartment I had left an hour beforehand to make a phone call!

Oh - and I also loved the little graphic on all the dog poo bins by the Ljubljanica! (You may need to click on the pic to see it though!)

The travelogue (for what it's worth) can be found here ...Ljubljana August 2001