Gornji trg 3, Ljubljana, 1000, Slovenia

• FreeCloud's Profile Photo

Great location and service

Under construction.

LOCATION:
    Centrally located in the Gornji square of Center, one block from the river, 5-min walk to the Triple Bridge. 20-min walk to the train and bus station [1 mile].

ACCESS:
    By Taxi: Rick Steve’s book said taxi should not cost more than 5 Euros, but our taxi driver asked for 11, the meter said 8+ (Rick Steve said they could set Sunday rate even on a weekday, we were there on a Friday), we gave him 10.

PARKING:
    Definitely no parking area in scene. I see a public parking lot nearby, not sure if the hotel has any special arrangement with it.

RECEPTION:
    The front desk Mr. Dejan was very nice and helpful. He showed us the room and helped with my luggage (no elevator). I thought the room was on the 2nd floor when I made the reservation, but forgot in some European countries, the 2nd floor is the physical 3rd floor. Anyone physically challenged makes sure booking rooms on the lower floor.

Dejan was very nice marking the map for us on where to eat etc. He even wrote down the entire bus schedule to/from Lake Bled for us, which turned out very handy. We were very grateful to him. He is a very nice young man, very polite and professional, we wish him well with his career and life!

The staff not only take care of front door, check in/out, but also helps with kitchen during breakfast time, in addition to help other guests’ requests.

While not claimed a non-smoking property, we were lucky not running into anyone smoking there.

ROOM – Superior with Square view:
    The windows of our room face a very quiet little square. Room is very large, 42 sq.m [450 sq.ft], with a king size bed, a sitting area with a L-shaped couch, a sofa chair, a desk and a chair, three amoires, and a dresser with a mirror.

Bed seems to be longer than usual, great for tall people! While the bedding is of nice white cotton, the pillows were not the most comfortable and the bed squeaks badly.

The antique wooden furniture looked very nice, I wonder how they keep some any potential abusing customers from damaging them.

Our room has a huge antique chandelier, a tall person needs to be cautious (banged on my husband’s head often). I estimated, if you are under 5'7", you are safe. Haha.

It has a small refrigerator where you can store some goodies bought from local grocery store (20 meters away, even opens on Sundays).

The safe in the room is not large enough for a laptop computer.

BATHROOM:
    The bathroom is large with two pedestal sinks. It has sufficient room for your stuff. The towels’ texture differs from what we usually see, but still absorbing.

It has a shower and bathtub combined unit. Both the height and the angle of the shower head can be adjusted. It has a narrow glass wall cover part of the bathtub, when take shower, we were not skillful enough preventing water splashing onto the floor. There is a drain on the floor, apparently we are not the only people failed to keep the water within the wall.

Between the sink and the bathtub, there is a bidet.

I like the citric smell of the complimentary shampoo. Unlike some other hotels after a shower, their shampoo turned you into a moving potpourri jar.

The soap dispenser is on the bathtub wall, as well as on the wall next to the sink.

The toilet is in a separate room from the bathroom, with a small sink itself.

BREAKFAST/Buffet (included in the room rate):
    The healthy buffet breakfast (included in the rate) is held in a very femininely decorated atrium with white lacy chairs and table s covered with floral table cloths. Two tables also are in the room where the food is served.

The buffet has cold cut and ham (including also a ham leg of which you can cut directly) but no fatty sausages etc, smoked salmon (only hotel served among all five we stayed during this trip), cheese (including also brie, my favorite – also the only hotel serves among the five we stayed), jams and various dry fruit, fresh fruit (banana, orange, apple, pear, pineapple, blackberries, raspberries and blue berries – the latter three are also the only one serves by this hotel among the five we stayed), and various rolls and even hotly made cinnamon rolls. It has also corn flakes. It serves hard boiled eggs, but not scrambled eggs. It has milk (no skim milk) and yogurt (fat free available). Staff will make fresh coffee, you also have a wide selection of tea. You can make fresh orange juice using the electric juicer.

INTERNET:
    The hotel provides free high speed wireless access. However, the connection was not stable, sometimes was very slow.

Unique Quality: Under construction.

Very conveniently located yet very quiet. Great service. Not sure if the name is related to the antique store next door.

Directions: See their official website

• Deedee99's Profile Photo

antiq hotel

Here is also Antiq hotel in the midlle of the city center (old part) - link : http://www.antiqhotel.si/
    Have a nice stay in Ljubljana, Sabina

• Luxus in the centre!

The hotel was fantastic...really beautiful, clean and peaceful...we hope one day to come back...great service also...highly to recommend!

Directions: old city centre

• Charming butique hotel in the old city centre

The hotel was fantastic-we came here on a recomendation, we will defenitely recomend it. We had a wonderful time in this beautiful, clean and peaceful hotel at the heart of the old Town.

Directions: Old city centre under the castle

• novsco61's Profile Photo

Brand new hotel in city heart

I haven't stayed in the hotel, just take a look at it and entered to take a look.
    I must say that the hotel look fantastic. The rooms are equiped with excellent furniture.

Unique Quality: The hotel is situated in the center of old town just under the castle. Few steps from the hotel is a path to the Castle hill and it takes only 20 minutes to reach the top.
    Opposite the hotel is a great confectionery where you can try yummy cakes.

More about Antiq Hotel

Can you recommend something nice?

by vesnasatev

Hi,

I need a nice place to stay in Ljubljana, for 3 or 4 days. Can you recommend something nice, but not so expensive? It could be a hotel or hostel or appartmant.

Vesna

by leics

Ljubljana is not particularly well-served for tourist-class accommodation (the hotels are mainly business-oriented).

You might investigate a gostilna ('nn'): these tend to be cheaper, and offer bed/breakfast. I stayed at Pri Katrci: a bit of a walk from the city centre (about 15 minutes) but very pleasant. It may be noisy during the university terms though, as it's extremely popular with students (for eating/socialising).

Also look at:

which is the excellent official tourist information site, with an equally good accommodation search engine. You'll be able to find all Ljubliana gostilnas/hotels/hostels etc there.

There are several hostels in Ljubljana, including one whch has been converted from a prison:

It's a lovely city: enjoy your visit!

by Maurizioago

I stayed at hotel Emonec. It's right in the city center. Room, price and breakfast were good. The only con was the shower.

I strongly recommend this place anyway.

by Jeannette1

I also stayed at the Hotel Emonec and it's in a perfect location. Just don't drink their coffee :-)
You can check out my review on my Ljubljana page.
Jeannette

by pure1942

Hi. I stayed in a great hostel called Hostel Simbol Castle sitting on the banks of the river. The hostel is located very close to the dragon bridge. (1 minute) and 5-10 minutes into Presernov Trg. It was modern, clean, spacious and great value. You can read my review on my Ljubljana page.
Enjoy Ljubljana
Brian

by vojc

Try here: http://www.souhostel.com/en/index.html

I think that here is the best and you will meet many travellers. It is quite near the center. 5-10 minutes walk.

by Deedee99