CityHotel Ljubljana

Dalmatinova 15, Ljubljana, 1000, Slovenia

City Hotel Ljubljana
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Very good hotel with a great location!

I have been staying in this 4-star hotel with 204 rooms for several days in April 2010. I had a standard room, not very big as size (around 17-18 m2), but air-conditioned, clean, cozy and with free cable Internet access. For the price of 79 EUR per night was included also a very good self-service breakfast with great choice of food (the breakfast is Monday-Friday 6 am to 10 am, Saturday, Sunday and holidays - 7 am to 10 am) -you could eat there for several days in a row and not eat the same food twice! The hotel is really highly secure - one’s key card will only bring the elevator to his/her own floor. The staff is very kind and always eager to help. Another great advantage of the hotel is its superb central location - next to the city centre, the beautiful old city, in a walking distance also to the railrway station. There are only two things that I didn't like - the underground parking is quite small and the main door of the hotel wing corridor where I was staying was very noisy and you could hear all the people when opening/closing it. No matter these minor issues I would definitely recommend CityHotel Ljubljana as a great choice for hotel when visiting the capital of Slovenia!

Unique Quality: Reasonable price, good quality, great location

• City Hotel

When we looked into accomodation before going to Ljubljana, we had a few concerns. The hotels fitted into one of 3 categories for us:
    Far too expensive
    Too far away from the city centre
    Close and cheap but with problems
    This hotel came into the latter catergory, as it was affordable and central but has undergone a refurbishment programme that is not yet finished and we heard builders can start work quite early in the morning.
    We liked the hotel in general. The reception staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was reasonable (although my tastes are for the unusual so I was particularly pleased) but they also had cereal, toast and continental.
    The location was very convenient, although the entrance is not on the street of the address at the moment as there is a temporary entrance on the next street down.
    The room was fine. We had to move rooms on arrival as we ordered smoking and they didn't realise. In the new room there was a problem with the sound on the TV (you had to stick something in the headphone socket to make the sound come out) and in the morning could smell other people smoking (we suspect through the air con). However, we could not hear the noise as we were quite high up whereas the non-smoking floors would be more affected by the noise.
    There were benefits we didn't take advantage of like free bike hire and free stamps. There were lockers to keep your baggage in during the day.
    All in all, not a bad cheap hotel and all the better if you're using it as a kick off point to seethe sights as opposed to spending lots of time in the room.

Unique Quality: Free bike hire, stamps and city map, wireless internet access.

Directions: Not on Dalmatinova, next street down.

• hudin's Profile Photo

Pretty good for a stay

This is actually called the City Hotel now.

My stay here was pleasant. The rooms are not overly large, but then again, for 60 Euros, near high season for a single, it was reasonably priced.
    It was unfortunate that they were doing construction during my stay, but the staff here went quite a length to try and minimize the impact on their guests. The staff was also quite pleasant and worked with you rather than not giving a damn. They worked to find me another room when I wanted to stay an extra night as well as giving some advice on the area.
    Their breakfast was quite good with some tasty things from all over.
    Really a pleasant stay and I'd return or recommend it to friends when in Ljubljana.

Unique Quality: Very close to the old town and very close to the train/bus station. No really great views to speak of, but quite a good location.

• wodensson's Profile Photo

Great Hotel

The City Hotel is situated just 5 min walk from the train and bus
    station and a 10 min walk to the Old Town.
    The rooms are very neat and tidy, excellent bathroom, flat screen Tv.
    Towels and bedding changed everyday, and even a fresh bottle of complimentary
    water left each morning by the maid.
    A information pack about the town and trips etc is in the room and the
    staff at the desk extremly helpfull if you ask anything.
    Breakfast is free and is a huge buffet in the restaurant, the food was
    great. I paid £40 a night for a room and have nothing but praise for the
    hotel and staff.
    City Hotel Ljubljana
    Dalmatinova 15
    1000 Ljubljana

Directions: 5 Min walk from train station

• BIDBOROUGH's Profile Photo

Centrally located Budget Hotel

This Hotel has a new name and a new image. The noisy Nightclub has gone and all the rooms have been totally refurbished. Staff were friendly and helpfull. It represents good value for a centrally locted Hotel!

• travelbug102's Profile Photo

Good business class hotel

I usually don't stay in business class hotels but this one was very accommodating for me and my travel companion.

We arrived in Ljubljana at 5am and wanted to stay one night. They let us into the room at 5am and charged us only for the next evening even though we got essentially 2 sleeps there.

The location is great, only 3-4 minute walk to the old town/center. Generous buffet breakfast too.

If the new hostel is full I would stay here again rather than the dreary Park hotel.

Unique Quality: Great buffet breakfast - much larger selection than most hotels
    Very good location

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

sleeping comfortably by the station

The best asset of this hotel is the fact that it's near the station - and I remember choosing it only because of its location (I had an early morning train ride planned). It's a 3 stars.

Unique Quality: Nothing special or fancy: it's your usual middle-of-the-road hotel: clean, correct and anonymous. There's a large restaurant area, too - and a bar.

Directions: straight down from the station. A couple of blocks if i remember correctly - which means 2 minutes

Comments