Bledec Youth Hostel

Bledec Youth Hostel
Booking.com Priceline.com Hostelworld.com

• Durfun's Profile Photo

A VERY CLASSY joint

I loved it here. It was amazing, really.

Good, sweet Klemmen (my snowboarding instructor in Krvavec) drove me here.
    This was a handy arrangement as he lives in Bled.

Unique Quality: Very clean, central location for the Castle (10 minutes walk) and the bus station (2 minutes walk).

I was doubtful about how clean/decent the place might be, but it sure surpassed all my expectations.

Nice, dark wood fittings throughout, a lovely map of Slovenia as you enter the hallway.

What is unique about the map is that it is 3-D, raised, thus clearly showing the physical geography and topology of the country.

Showed me where I came from (Ljubljana ansd Krvavec), where I was (Bled) and where I was headed (Bohinj)! Good stuff!!

Great staff, lovely and clean throughout, isolated PC/internet room, and great, hearty breakfasts served in the main restaurant.

Lovely car park adjacent to the pension.

I loved the room and bathroom in the (my) dorms area, and the company; this was the quiet season, all the rooms were empty!

Though I was told a snowsports party of 35-strong was arriving the next day, which indeed it did {evident during breakfast! ;)}

If I loved the dorms, I can only imagine how nice the 'penzion' rooms must be!!

Directions: A 2 minute walk straight up from the bus station.

• Avieira67's Profile Photo

International Youth Hostel

This hostel was introduced to me by a Slovenian person. I loved to stay here because of the location, conditions and service.
    I found here an excellent service for a very good price.

Unique Quality: Rooms are new and very clean, with private bath.
    A free breakfast buffet is included in the price.
    A good and cheap restaurant offers traditional food.
    Internet service is available.

Directions: Some metres from the centre.
    Follow the information at the bus station!

• sieffron's Profile Photo

A Rustic Lil' Hostel

If you're traveling on a budget, the Bledec Youth Hostel is the best place to stay in Bled. It's actually one of the cleanest and most comfortable hostels I've stayed at in Europe. It cost about $17 a night (breakfast and tax included) in a 7 bed room, which is actually a bit steep for a hostel, but the place is immaculate and the beds are very soft. The three nights I stayed here afforded me the deepest sleep I experienced all summer. Reserve ahead because they were full each night and turned lots of people away.

Unique Quality: Despite the hostel tag, the place feels much more like a pension. The beds and the doors are made of wood and the decor is a bit rustic.

Directions: Facing away from the bus station, turn left and walk to the top of the steep, bearing left at the fork.

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Is it a hostel? Is it a hotel?

For shame these people calling this place a hostel! If hostels could be rated on a normal scale then this one would be the Hilton. Good little place to eat in it, incredible rooms (with private bath), and cleaner than most hotels I have stayed in.

Unique Quality: Private bathroom, great showers, nice restaurant, portable heaters, televisions in room, comfy beds, towels...You don't get much better.

Directions: About a five minute walk uphill from the bus station. Less coming back down. :-)

• Marie-France's Profile Photo

Bled's Youth Hostel

This is a very nice hostel with its own restaurant, which is also open to the general public.

My room had six bunk beds, its own bathroom with shower, wood floor, lots of wood furniture (including ample cupboard space) and two windows.

I paid about 18 Euros a night including breakfast.

The employees were always friendly and helpful and spoke good English.

Unique Quality: The hostel also has laundry service and internet access.

It is located on a quiet stretch of street away from the hustle and bustle but only 5 minutes walk to the bus station and just beside one of the paths leading to the castle.

Directions: About 5 minutes walk uphill from the bus station

• europebn's Profile Photo

Excellent accommodation!

This is one of my favourite hostels in all my travels in Europe. It is very large, clean and has friendly staff. The dorm rooms are very large, clean, have VERY comfy beds, which I didn't want to leave, and have en suite bathrooms. There is laundry service (for a small fee), a restaurant (breakfast included), TV lounge room and a computer to use the Internet.

Highly recommended!

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Bledec Hostel: sleeping under the castle

a cosy wooden building with great rooms (4-6 people) all with private bathrooms. the owners are really friendly and helpful - they served us breakfast even in the wee hours since we were off hiking early -, and they also have a tiny but good restaurant on the premises.

Unique Quality: they organize adventure tours (hiking, rafting) and sightseeeing tours in the area

Directions: behind the castle, at the foot of the hill

Comments