Obcina Bohinj Hotels

Our Members Say

• zadunajska8 profile photo zadunajska8
  • Reviews: 438

Hotel Bohinj: Hotel Bohinj -Excellent stay

We stayed at the Hotel Bohinj and were delighted with the room we had. These rooms are simply huge in comparison to what many hotels in a similar price bracket (and many much more expensive ones) will give you. The rooms were also spotlessly clean. The staff at reception were always very keen to help whenever they could. The only downside is the restaurant. The food is perhaps not haute cuisine, but I didn't find that to be the problem - it was more the way the restaurant is run. Some evenings we were the only people in the restaurant and yet basic service such as taking away used plates etc took so long we ended up with the dirty dishes from all 3 courses on teh table at once. The waitress does seem to have a habit of disappearing off into the kitchen to chat for extended periods of time. However, the hotel does make up for it with a delightful cat called "Max" who often sits outside. The location for the lake is 2nd only to the hotel Jezero which is diagonally opposite.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking
  • Written October 23, 2011

Hotel Bohinj

• picek profile photo picek
  • Reviews: 926

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Zlatorog camp in Ukanc: excellent location, but...

If you are looking for real and safe stay in nature, then camping must be your first choice - and you've got that option (and the only camping option right by the lake) at Bohinj. First you'll need to get to village Ukanc, a few kilometers from Ribicev laz (where the iconic image of Bohinj is - the church and bridge) towards Savica waterfall direction. Don't worry if you haven't got a car, we saw public bus plying the road several times daily.

A great location, wonderful setting and easily accessible - and most important - next to transparent waters of the lake! Fully shaded and on dynamic terrain, that's another big plus for the camp.

Choose a fine spot and pitch the tent, then off you go to explore the area.

I (will) mention both positive and negative aspects of the camp, as that's the only fair I guess.

The location, the lake, the forest and breat taking views are the main plus for the camp, but hey, that's given!
What should make the accomodation different from usual free stay under the sky, that's another story and the camp is far overpriced for facilites and quality of the service it offers. My main complaint is the sanitary building, that had been more often dirty than cleaned, a bit undersized for that many people in camp. There's only one sanitary building - and it serves sometimes 400 people during peak season! More or less.

It's tough to navigate car in the camp, and there are dead ends which makes turning it very hard if there are other cars. It's better alternative to leave the car outside at parking place, which also saves 5 Euro per day for car (if you bring with you to the camping area).

The night silence is between 11 (or 10?) pm till morning, but you've got some noisy persons too and they won't do the rules and it seems also staff need long time to calm down rowdy people. Eh? Pristine peace? While most people do follow rules only a couple of them can spoil entire atmosphere and you can immagine how loud it is when it echoes from mountain slopes. Well, maybe we had bad timing and it's otherwise different.

They have bakery in the camp and a bar with restaurant with few basic dishes - soups, pizzas on menu, not too inviting collection if you aksed my and our friends also didn't recommend it.

The camp area is divided into three zones, the most expensive locations are by the lake and these are also the crowdiest. We had a perfect place in the woods, the cheapest zone - and only 2 minute from the lake anyways. The terrain there is bit more rough than one by the shore, but you can find nice spots to pitch tent somewhere. All covered with thick layer of dead leaves - so wonderful. The beach is okay at nice spot, many people come to hang out there in evenings with guitars, food and so. For more privacy you can easily walk a hundred meters away from camp and you'll find some excellent non crowded places.

I guess the price is bit too high if you put all those things together, but they know they'll get people here because that's still the cheapest option to spend a night in the area.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: National/State Park, Camping, Water Sports
  • Written August 24, 2011

greetings from woods!

• oriettaIT profile photo oriettaIT
  • Reviews: 510

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Guesthouses around the lake: If you didnt book ahead go to the tourist office

We decided to extend our trip to Bohinj as an afertought, we were in Bled and supposed to go home but everybody kept telling us we could not miss it and so we took a extra two days and went so we did not had a reservation. As soon as we arrived we went to the Tourist Information office that is at the lake entrance, where the church and the bridge is. They have a list of all the guestihouses in the area and they always know who has a free room, it was peek season but there were still few rooms left. We ended up in somebody house, they had a spare room in the attic with private bathroom, it costed us only 40 euros a night.

• Written February 20, 2011

• hydronetta profile photo hydronetta
  • Reviews: 903

Znidar Sobe-Apartmaji: Nice budget option in Stara Fuzina

We chose to stay in Stara Fuzina for a simple reason. It was a short walk to the main beach of lake Bohinj and it was less crowded than other areas. Of course these unique qualities came out after I applied for accommodation in the local tourist office though Internet and was given availability of rooms (take advantage of their service, they work perfectly.
The price was very logical for the tourist season and fits perfectly any budget traveller (the prices are fixed and listed in their website). So I booked...
The room was located in the last floor, it was rather small but had a balcony with great view and had en suite bathroom.
Breakfast (this could be paid seperately) was served in the ground floor and was really delicious (plenty of coffee to drink).
If you don't fancy luxuries for your accommodation this is a cheap, clean and nice option. the landlords don't speak much english. German is prefered. Payment is done directly to the pension owner, so no booking fees (I bet it is included in price??)

• Written October 21, 2008

• Vanity666 profile photo Vanity666
  • Reviews: 609

Gasperin: Place I'll remember

So, I took my girlfriend on a weekend trip to Slovenia, and we decided to stay overnight on Bohinj lake. But where? While I was driving I saw this pension on the main road and said her, we'll return after we see the lake. However, we couldn't find a parking spot anywhere, so we returned to pension, and had a nice talk with the woman that worked there (she didn't speak slovenian, so we communicated on English). We checked the room, and took it immediately. The price was 22Euro per person, included breakfast and tourist taxes. The bed was very comfortable, satellite TV in room, and a shower. Everything we needed. Buffet breakfast was delicious, and that girl asked whether we want her to bake some eggs or something else. Since I don't eat much for breakfast I declined, however it was nice to see that they try so hard to please us. Pension is located on the main road, about 300m from the lake. Parking place for about 12 cars, but they said if there won't be place I could park on the grass.

Since this was the first time I stayed somewhere without any detail research and planning, I was really pleased with everything.

• Written May 7, 2008
Tip Photo

• deeper_blue profile photo deeper_blue
  • Reviews: 1120

Residence Triglav: Comfortable accomodation near the lake

I found about this place through Celica hostel in Ljubljana, located in the stara zagora village, they have excellent rooms with kitchen area and satellite tv for 18 euros a night. The lake is only a 15 minute walk awa, I would definitely come back given the chance

• Written September 17, 2005

• hundwalder profile photo hundwalder
  • Reviews: 389

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cvetek Anica private pension; Stara Fuzina 61: Private rooms and apartments at Bohinjsko jezero

Cvetek Anica in the village of Stara Fuzina, is just one of many excellent private pensions and guesthouses located in the villages on or near Lake Bohinj. There are many excellent private apartments. There are even complete houses for rent for larger families or groups. The facilities are kept very clean and well maintained. The rooms at Cvetek Anica and others have private or shared balconies with great views. Many rooms are available with private bath, while others have shared bath.

Book your accomodations directly with the tourist office at the park headquarters of Ribcev laz. The office is located in the shopping center across the street from the bus stop. An e-mail link is provided below for online bookings in English, German, Slovene, or Italian. The tourist office charges no fees for booking. The beautiful ladies who work at the tourist office are most helpful and friendly.

The private accomodations of Bohinj are among the best accomodation values in Slovenia. Most pensions including Cvetek Anica will provide you with a traditional and very filling breakfast for a few hundred extra tolars ( about 5 euros ).

• Written June 18, 2005

• novsco61 profile photo novsco61
  • Reviews: 511

CAMPING ZLATOROG: GREAT CAMPING PLACE

The camping Zlatorog is situated in Ukanc on the shore of Bohinj lake. It is well maintained and offers all what you need for a pleasant staying. The camping is an ideal starting point for mountain hikes, boating, fishing, kayaking, swimming and other activities.

I didn't stay there, just visited my friends which have a caravan there. They enjoyed their holidays there very much and say only good things about the camping place.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Camping
  • Written June 10, 2005

• SueWarwick profile photo SueWarwick
  • Reviews: 208

Pension Rozic

A lovely friendly Pension right near the lake and the shops. The rooms have balconies, ideal to sit at on a barmy evening.

I stayed Bed, Breakfast and Evening Meal.
Food is very good although sometimes the previous evenings dinner turns up as one of the choices on the bufet breakfast!
Occasionally you are treated to whatever has been caught by the owner for your meal, perhaps some freshly caught trout or venison

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Mountain Climbing, Skiing and Boarding
  • Written April 20, 2005
Tip Photo

• acrijk profile photo acrijk
  • Reviews: 41

Camping Danica: Nice and easy Autocamping

A great place to stay after a big day of hiking or relaxing at Lake Bohinj. Just showed up wth a tent, found a spot, walked to town to do some internetting and beer drinking. The bus stop is a 5-minute walk.
On site toilets and showers (I guess that's what autocamping implies) There is also a restauraunt and bar with biergarden...

Killer stream next to the grounds and do I need to mention the view and lean air? :-)

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Camping, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written February 12, 2004

Tent with a view

• Marie-France profile photo Marie-France
  • Reviews: 105

Ribcev Laz 25: Staying in a private house

Staying in a private house here is probably the cheapest alternative after camping. Several private houses rent rooms to travellers. There is usually a surcharge if you're alone (20%) or if you stay less than 3 nights but it's still cheap.

I stayed in a big house 10 minutes walk from the lake. This is one of the quietest places I've slept in ever!

The owner was nice but didn't speak English (her business partner did). The breakfast (optional) was quite large, and the homemade jam was especially delicious.

My room had a private bathroom and shared a balcony with my next door neighbour. The photo was taken from the balcony.

I did actually meet him (a Dutch guy) and we had dinner together a couple of times. He spoke German, which is often quite convenient in that part of Slovenia.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 18, 2003

View from my room

• COHbKA profile photo COHbKA
  • Reviews: 39

Private room on the shore of Bohinj: Room with a view

Bohinj was the end destination of our hike up to Triglav and back down. The trail comes out of the woods at the western end of the lake, and the town of Ribcev Laz is located on the eastern end. We were out of cash and thought we would have to hike 6km to the town in order to get money and a room. Instead, we almost immediately came upon a couple of pensions; one of the owners quoted us the price (pretty low), mistook our slowness for hesitation, and then directed us to this group of houses for an even cheaper room.

The owners didn't speak a word of english, but what with their german and our russian we managed fine :) The room ended up being around $20 total per night. It was clean and comfortable; it had a sink, but toilet and shower - both very clean, also - were in the hall, which was fine with us. And NOTHING could beat this idyllic location.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Backpacking, National/State Park
  • Written March 24, 2003

The lake in the morning

• bohinj profile photo bohinj
  • Reviews: 11

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

PRIVATE ROOMS B&B RESMAN BOHINJ ...

PRIVATE ROOMS RESMAN BOHINJ SLOVENIA all information on e-mail : info@resman.si

Private rooms with balconies in a hause a few minutes walk from the BOHINJ LAKE. On the first ground-floor you can enjoy a pleasantly - furnishet living space with SAT TV, internet connection, wireless connection, ...... where we also serve breakfast.You can also enjoy on terrace with fireplace and children playgraund..

• Written August 24, 2002