Krekov trg 4, Celje, SI-3000, Slovenia
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Celje

Old town view from the castle.Old town view from the castle.

Celje (Slovenia)Celje (Slovenia)

Prešernova Ulica (Celje, Slovenia)Prešernova Ulica (Celje, Slovenia)

The Virgin Mary's Assumption Church (Celje,Si)The Virgin Mary's Assumption Church (Celje,Si)

Tickets for Slovenija Scotland 12 October Celje Arena Petrol

by Paisleypaul

We have missed the cut for the Scottish ticket allocation - does anyone local know if tickets are still on sale for a neutral end of the ground ?

Does any company do 'hospitality' packages which may be available ? In Scotland this costs between 100 or 250 Euro, includes drinks 4 course meal stand tickets post match reception teamsheets etc.

Will be in Ljubljana from Monday 10 October any suggestions ? thanks

RE: Tickets for Slovenija Scotland 12 October Celje Arena Petrol

by jmcnally

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but my wife and I will be in Celje on October 7th for the Slovenija-Luxembourg game and we are hoping to get tickets when we get to Slovenia on September 28. Where can these be bought? Is it possible to buy tickets in Ljubljana, since we don't plan on going to Celje until the day of the match.

RE: RE: Tickets for Slovenija Scotland 12 October Celje Arena Petrol

by Paisleypaul

That was 12 October 2005 ! Got to the game in the end.

I have Ljubljana & Celje pages ; for tickets in Ljubljana try Kompass travel agency in Cesto Slovensko (main street) or one near the must - see castle

Travel Tips for Celje

country comforts

by richiecdisc

Though Celje has its own charms, try and enjoy the countryside around it. I would probably have never gone to Celje, I’d never read anything about it and it wasn’t on any must see list I’d scribbled over the years, but as chance would have it, I became friends with a VT member from the often snubbed city. On our travels east, I stopped in to see the castle and town, visit her family, have some home cooked meals, and pick some grapes. Did I say, pick some grapes? Yeah, I was on vacation, the window of good weather was looking more closed every day, but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. When you rely on people and they show you good hospitality, basically treat you like family, sometimes you have to chip in and help as any family member would. We’d had a great day in the white wine region the day before and the weather was perfect. All I could think about was getting back into the mountains, for perhaps my last hike of the season, but as chance would have it, Tanja’s parents were set to do their annual harvesting of the grapes they grew all summer. She had the older car and it was enlisted to cart the potentially staining precursors of wine back to the house to be “squashed.” Okay, I wasn’t super happy to be giving up perhaps my last sunny day for manual labor, but I was assured, it was not so nice in the mountains of the west as on the sunny eastern side of the country. (continued below)

Enjoy it. Explore its cobbled...

by oja

Enjoy it. Explore its cobbled Medieval heart inside out, because it's just small enough for that. Enjoy the colours and the architecture of those dwarf's houses (well, the one on the photo is not really a dwarf's house, it just looks like it from the elevated perspective). Just being around.

Tomsicev trg

by croisbeauty

You may start your city tour of the town right from the main square by observing buildings around it. The town of Celje is similar to the many others Central European cities. You may be surprised by its resemblance, perfect location, glorious history and friendly atmosphere you'll meet here.

The town centre

by croisbeauty

The town centre, with its nice architecture and colourful buildings, is non traffic area. You can stroll around here watching the facades or varaity of shops which are situated in the streets of the central part of the town.

Cockta

by Nykaenen

Slovene pandan of Coca-Cola made by Kolinska. Only less famous worldwide.
Actually, it does not sell well on a domestic market either - not enough of C2H6O to Slovene taste (and acquired standards)
:-)