Ljubljanska 39, Celje, 3000, Slovenia
Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

More about Celje

Cafe at the Rinka waterfallCafe at the Rinka waterfall

The Celje Municipal Savings Bank (Celje, Slovenia)The Celje Municipal Savings Bank (Celje, Slovenia)

Gosposka Ulica (Celje, Slovenia)Gosposka Ulica (Celje, Slovenia)

Post Office (Celje, Slovenia)Post Office (Celje, Slovenia)

Travel Tips for Celje

Profile of a little old town

by soncnica

I was born and grew up in this town.
It was very funny to observe it's development. When I was a little girl Slovenia was still part of Yugoslavia and any kind of private initiative was never accepted, so when in late 80's first boutiques opened ,it was much more fun cause besides the dull things one was able to buy in "state" shops, there was competition at last.
And now huge malls in the town suburbs are slowly killing little shops in the centre of the town.
I wonder what will happen next, but I also know the charm of the old town will survive. Celje is a town that lies in a wide valley. Ancient remains shows us that Celts had their settlements here and because the river was so close they also had their mint here and used rafts to transport their goods to other places. From the celtic days on the town developed and grew and one of my fondest memories are walks by the river Savinja. Swinging between mum and dad and climb on the statue of ancient rafter was one of my favourite things to do (I know I'm gonna climb that statue one of these days).

The conclusion to My Fondest Memory

by richiecdisc

Once I gave into the idea, I looked forward to seeing a side of the countryside well off the beaten path and enjoy a nice picnic of cevapcici and beer after the work was done. It was a nice plot of land, hilly and overlooking a desolate lake. There was a small barbeque pit and picnic table alongside the long row of grapevines. I’d assumed they would be white grapes; I had just been in white wine country seemingly around the corner but no such luck. I had my worst clothes on, but when you are traveling, no clothes are superfluous. Like a bull in a china closet, I groped at the sun-ripened fruit and was soon covered in their purple nectar. Tanja assured me she could get the stains out and though doubtful, I plodded on. Soon, the car was full, and off we whisked it to be put in a manual press. I was a bit disappointed that it wasn’t done with bare feet, but remembered the purple stains on my clothes and was thankful as I turned the crank that operated the simple but effective machine. By the time we got back, the cevapcici was done, perhaps a bit too much so. Her mother was worried that they were too dry but they tasted just fine, washed down with some local beers on a beautiful autumn day in a part of Slovenia I’d never read about before.

The Post Office

by croisbeauty

The main Post Office of the town is a very representative building. It is situated in the vicinity of the railway station. The post office offers to you the variaty of services; sending and reciving the mails, cashing your traveling checks, money changes and phone calls in case you are traveling without your cell phone.

The town centre

by croisbeauty

Most of the palaces are newly renovated in order to preserve their beautiful facades for the future generations. This one is situated a foot from the main square and the Regional Museum. Unfortunatelly, I know nothing about it.

Most Nuts

by richiecdisc

Chestnuts are traditionally served with most, the first pressing of the grapes that will become wine. It`s a sweet nectar with low alcohol content but beware, it sneaks up on you. The combination is great.

Comments