Satisfaction Very Good
Value Score No Data
Good For Solo
Get to meet Golliat!!
Comfortable stay in a 4 bedded room, with kitchen. The window gave to the front narrow street, as most of the streets in Piran. The big blue sign let light in all night, though it wasn't uncomfortable.
I could say it has 3 things in what improve, starting with security, showers and some animation. Apparently, neighbours aren't on the mood to bear noisy tourists, so you gotta stay quite at 23:00, which sounds logical. However, it's like if the Hostel seemed desserted.
Showers definately need some improvements as all water comes out if you're not carefull enough, and for what I've seen, people generally aren't. Consequently, the whole bathroom get to be a total mess!!!
And finally, security. You have your key, as the mates of your room, but there is no locker. On the first hand, no problem, most hostels are the same, but you can't risk to leave things at the reception because you never know when they are going to be. By the way, talking about they, don't get scared when you meet Gorazd!! Yeah like Golliat, but in slovenian. Cool guy, though I wouldn't try to pis-s him off!!
Reception is on the third floor, that is if you try to find the Hostel for yourself, though they recommend to call Gorazd on the phone to go pick you up, so not to get lost, which is not very difficult if don't have a map.
Oh yes, I was forgetting, be sure to have a good sleep if your dorm gives to street, cause in the morning it's very noisy!! Can't tell how, there is never noone there!! But it is!!
Unique Quality: Kitchen works OK, and there are enough casseroles and pans to cook, that is if you're not planning to feed an army of course!!
Directions: Go to the Tourist Information Office in the Tartini Piazza (main plaza) and ask for a map, you'll find it indicated.
Bad experience - Hostel Alibi Piran
We arrived in Piran having booked a 3 night stay in a double room at the Alibi Hostel in Piran:
* Their photos are not representative of the room we were sold
* The room was damp and absolutely foul-smelling. There was an overpowering smell of mould. There was little ventilation. It was tiny and squalid
* There was black mould growing up several walls
* The ‘double’ bed was tiny
* The reception insisted on payment up-front in cash. There were no receipts
* When we confronted the owner next morning, he became rude, aggressive, insisted we were ‘not in a position to make demands’ and said we must have some kind of ‘personal problem’
* Despite this appalling experience, we were only refunded ONE night from a three night stay
Our room was in a different building, so we did not inspect before paying. BIG MISTAKE The air was very damp - no-one could sleep here, and the room was definitely not worth the €60 charge.
Unfortunately we had already paid. We went back to the reception to ask for another room. We could be moved for our final 2 nights (not guaranteed) but we’d have to stay in the room for that night. We were told to come back the next morning. We found a hotel room instead.
The next morning we returned. The owner was asleep in a room next to the reception. This was when things started getting nasty. We were refused a refund or the possibility of cancelling. We were told to come back again. By now we were certain that we couldn’t stay there after being treated in such a way, even if they found us another room - still in doubt.
We found another hostel –Hostel Val – which was excellent, and cheaper than Alibi.
Luckily for us there were guests around when we finally returned to Alibi- making the owner less aggressive. We were only refunded the final night as apparently "the rules" were that WE hadn't given 48 hours notice!
Whilst we were at Hostel Val there were also 3 couples we know for sure had booked out of Alibi.
Popular Hotels in Piran
Stjenkova ulica 1, Piran
Tartinijev trg 15, Piran
Fiesa 68, Piran
Piran, 6320, Slovenia
Explore the World
- Riu Caribe All Inclusive Hotel
- Flamingo Las Vegas
- Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh
- Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus
- Best Western Grand Hotel Hungaria
- Residence Inn By Marriott Grand Rapids
- The Palms South Beach
- Disney's All-Star Music Resort
- The 1735 House Bed and Breakfast
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Hotel
- Marine Hotel
- Waterstone Calypso Resort & Towers Panama City Beach
- Ramada Hotel & Conference Center - Guelph
- Hotel Panda