Tartinijev trg 15, Piran, 6330, Slovenia

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Piran's nicest hotel

Piran is very small and accordingly has very few hotels, Hotel Tartini was listed as the nicest place in town and it wasn't overly expensive so I decided to stay here instead of trying to find private accomodations. There are more hotel choices in nearby Portoroz but most seemed to require a minimum 3 night stay.

It was raining so in order to drop off our luggage, we drove into town and located the hotel on the main square. The hotel advised us that we could not park in town so we drove back out and parked in the lots outside of town, the hotel will give you a voucher so that it is free. There are minibuses that will bring you back into town from parking.

I booked through booking.com for 92E which is the same price as their website, there's an additional 1.01E per person tourist tax charge as well. If you stay for 3 nights you can get a discounted rate.

Unique Quality: Piran's nicest hotel would be somewhere between a 2 and 3 star hotel anywhere else, the lobby was hardly opulent (not that it matters to me), the harried clerk at the front desk was having trouble juggling all the people who needed his attention at the same time, there's no pool or fitness club.

The room's decor was a little odd, from the pastel multicolored tile in the bathroom to the furniture with drawers painted in a variety of bright colors to the 1960s era pastel bedspread, I really wasn't quite sure what look they were going for. The bed was probably the most uncomfortable one we slept in on this trip. Our room did have a view of the Adriatic.

Bathroom-only toiletry was soap in a dispenser on the wall. I think the shower was fine as I didn't make a note of it being otherwise.

Breakfast was included in the rate-eggs, bread, meat, cheese, juice, cereal.

For one night the hotel was fine but I really didn't think it was worth the price. I would probably look in Portoroz should I visit again where there are more options.

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

Excellent hotel on Tartini Square

The Hotel Tartini is an excellent hotel located right on the town's impressive Tartini Square (Tartinijev trg).

The hotel offers 43 well-equipped, en-suite rooms with views of either Tartini Square to the front of the hotel or the Adriatic Sea to the rear of the hotel.

The single room that I occupied for a week was located on the third floor, overlooking Tartini Square (see the top balcony, between the pink and white facades, on the above photo).

My room was relatively small, but was spotlessly clean and provided everything that I required (including a mini-bar, satellite TV, ample cupboard space).

Breakfast consists of a wide selection of items (bread, cold meats, cheeses, yoghurt, cakes, cereals, fruit, scrambled eggs....) and is served in the dining room or, during the summer, outdoors on the terrace.

There is a small outdoor swimming pool, but at the time of my visit (April/May 2005) it was not yet open for the season.

The staff are friendly, helpful and multilingual and there is plenty of information provided in the reception area.

Overall, this is a great hotel with an unbeatable location.

Directions: Located right on Tartini Square (Tartinijev trg).

• novsco61's Profile Photo

My honeymoon

Hotel Tartini is situated in the center of Piran right on the shore and directly on the town’s square. I spent there 3 beautiful days in March 1995. It was my honeymoon and the personnel was very kind .They put flowers in our appartment.

• barbipez's Profile Photo

the place to stay in piran

great rates, great service, can get a room with sea view, pool on upper terrace. right in the center of piran.

Directions: in the main square. can't miss it.

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo

OF COURSE.....BECAUSE.....

This hotel, let me warn you.......is EXPENSIVE.

There are 45 rooms.

You pay for what you get: a comfortable room in a comfortable hotel and.....nicely situated.

From some, not from all rooms, you can see the Tartini trg (=square).

Other rooms have a balcony and a limited (sea-)view......

Unique Quality: THE SITE IS GREAT.....good value.....

Directions: map / plan not necessary....

• Figbash's Profile Photo

Decent hotel in central location

Well, I have no comparisons, as it was the only accommodation I stayed at in town but it was clean and modern and the staff were very friendly and multi-lingual. I had a single room on the first floor overlooking the square and with satellite TV and a large en-suite bathroom. The buffet breakfast was very good except for the wretched ersatz coffee.

Directions: Right on the main square, Tartinijev trg

• KiNyA's Profile Photo

Tartini

Unique Quality: It lies in the centre of Piran and offers you a spectacular view to all main town attractions. I also like the hotel's cafe which also has some seats outside, just on front of the Tartini Square.

Directions: Tartinijev trg 3, Piran (the picture was taken in front of the hotel)

• Hotel TARTINI is a new 3 star...

Hotel TARTINI is a new 3 star hotel with the excellent location right on Tartini Square with all the attractions nearby. The building is dominated by fresh colours, you reach the rooms by walking up a giant staircase similar to this one in the Vatican Museums in Rome. The rooms are nicely renovated, clean and not too expensive. You can either have a view to the square or to the sea.
    Nice staff!

More about Hotel Tartini

From Venice to Piran, by Boat

by CoraSteve

I woul like to ask for advice for the follows:

1) I know there is ship to Piran from Venice, and want to take a sail on 17 July 2004, does someone know how to get the ship shedule, and to reserve seat.

2)any suggested accommodation in Piran. I need a doble room, at reasonbale price and clean. Preferably easy accessible as we do not drive.

Thanks a lot.

Re: From Venice to Piran, by Boat

Hi,

here is the info about Prince of Venice which sails from Izola to Venice and back.

As you will see there is no sail on 17 July.You have to pick another date.

As for accomodation in Piran check this page :

Re: From Venice to Portoroz, by Boat

by CoraSteve

Thanks for the advice. If not availabe from Venice to Piran, how about from Venice to Portoroz, on 16 or 17 July 2004, is it availble, how to get the time schedule and reservation. I have browsed through the website of Prince of Venice and disappointed to get a concrete answer, as it is not in English.

I am heading to Slovenia from Venice, may arrrive at Piran or Portoroz, any other better means other than boat?

Thanks very much.

by novsco61

Prince of Venice lands in Izola, but transfer to Portoroz and Piran is organized.
All these places are very near so don't worry.
I will translate the most important things that are written on the page I mentioned earlier.

- departure is from Izola at 8.00
- transfer from Piran is at 7.00
- departure from Venice at 17.00
- the journey takes 2 and half hour
- reservation at portoroz@kompas.si or telephone
386 05 6178 000
- the data they need for reservation : name and surname,gender,date of birth,passport number, contact phone number

If you have any other question just ask and I will find the answer.

by CoraSteve

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. I am sorry to say that I am still a bit confused.

If not casuing you too much trouble, I would like to further clarify that:
1) ship from Venice to Izola, on 17 July 2004,depart at 17:p.m.
2) need to transfer to Portoroz or Piran by ship the following day.
3) according to your knowledge and experience, is it easy to get a seat just befor it departs?

Thanks very much and best regards.

by novsco61

ad 1) On 17 July there's no departure, only on 18 and 19 July.
ad2 ) Portoroz and Piran are about 5 km from Izola; I don't know what you ment with transfer

You obviously have to go by train or by bus from Venice to Trieste and then you have bus to Piran almost every hour.

I suggest that you put your question on Venice forum.
Maybe you'll get better info there.

by steve3

Hi, thanks very much for your advise.

by jsadler8

Hotel Tartini, right on the square, a bit expensive but great place to stay.

Comments