2 Calle de los Alamos, Colonia de San Miguel, Algeciras, 11205, Spain

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 34% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Algeciras

TANGER MEDTANGER MED

View towards the port from my hotelView towards the port from my hotel

Gibraltar heightsGibraltar heights

Great for shopping.Great for shopping.

mladyoz

by mladyoz

we have booked into the AC Algeciras can you tell me is it within walking distance to the town/city and do you have to pre book a trip to morroco /tangier

Re: mladyoz

by puerto_lover

The AC Hotel is new and nice but is at the entrance to the city when you arrive from the main coastal road. To get from the hotel to the ferry departures hall is about 2.2 kms and would take about 30 minutes walking. The centre of the city is in my opinion called Plaza Alta and that is closer but still quite a long walk.
So maybe you could use a local taxi?

As far as trip to Morocco is concerned, I think the hotel can advise you, however there are many ways of achieving this frankly.
From the port of Algeciras you can take a boat across to the new port called TANGER-MED. I did a page on my Algeciras page concerning this. It was opened for ferries this summer. I have not used it yet but I guess that transfer to other places ESPECIALLY Tangiers is now quite organised.

Another way of getting over to Morocco is to use the Tarifa ferry which still goes to Tangier city port itself (until October I believe).
The service is run by either www.frs.es or http://www.comarit.es

FRS has been providing this route for many years and runs fast ferries taking about 35 minutes from Tarifa to Tangier City. They have a desk at the Algeciras Port departure/ticket hall and you can, I believe, buy your tickets at Algeciras and they can organise for you a free transport to Tarifa port which is about 30 minutes away. Alternatively you can take the regular bus from San Bernardo bus station in Algeciras to Tarifa.

Travel Tips for Algeciras

KNIFE SHARPENER.

by cazz38

This was an unusual sight for me,as we approched the market we saw two men with their motorbikes and the engines running, connected to the engines were big round steels spinning really fast, on closer inspection we saw that they did this to sharpen knifes and scissors for the local people for a small charge,if you click on the picture you can see them in the background.

Algeciras

by fairy_dust

I took an afternoon trip to Algeciras during my stay in Seville. It's a small city in the extreme south of Spain, and very quiet. Some parts are charming and pretty, but in general, there isn't much to see/do. Nice for a few hours, but if I go again, I'll probably just go to Gibraltar or Morocco instead of spending my time exploring the town.

The Rock of Gibraltar

by bliss7

I have to pay tribute to this geological monstrosity. You cannot really comprehend how large it is from this mere image. Suffice it to say, when you pass by it on the way to Algeciras, you understand why it has been constantly fought over, and why the British will never give it up.

Comments