VIME Octavio

Janani's Profile Photo

Convenient for Train & Ferry

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 2, 2007

I stayed at this hotel twice, either side of a trip to Morocco. On both occasions I arrived in Algeciras quite late and left fairly early, so I found its location, directly opposite the train station and less than ten minutes’ walk from the ferry port, extremely convenient. Despite the busy location, I did not experience much noise at the hotel

The reception staff spoke a little English, which was useful to me, however they seemed at first to be unaware of the reservation I’d made through Expedia when I gave them the details of my booking. I’d been unable to print the email I had received with the details but fortunately had saved a copy of it on my USB stick, so they were able to see this, which was sufficient proof for them to recognise my bookings. I also had to ask about the location of my room and the breakfast room and the times breakfast would be available as I was just given a key and no information was offered.

The hotel is smartly decorated throughout, with seating areas on each level and a spacious bar area and well laid out breakfast room on the mezzanine between the ground and first floor.

Unique Quality: The first room I had was a large room at the front of the hotel on the ground floor and my second room, smaller but with a balcony overlooking the bus station, was located on the third floor at the rear of the building. They both had more or less identical layout and design with a well maintained and perfectly cleaned bathroom to the left of a narrow corridor, where an adjustable shower and bathtub were available along with a light up shaving / make-up mirror. An unusual feature of the bathroom was that the loo and a bidet were located in a separate section which could be closed off from the rest of the bathroom with a sliding door- perhaps useful if you are sharing the room with someone who likes to take a book in with them.

The room had two large fitted wardrobes, one long enough for full length dresses and the other with drawers in the lower part, and a large comfortable armchair at the end near the window opposite the small television. The beds were comfortable with nice cotton sheets and a jacquard woven cotton cover between the sheet and the bedspread. A writing table was available and a full length three way mirror was mounted on the wall in front of the bed.

The breakfast is presented as a buffet, with fruit, yoghurts, cold meats and cheese available, alongside various breads and pastries with a good selection of jams and even a savoury tomato spread. A toasting machine which rolled the guests’ bread slices through and dropped them inconveniently underneath it provided the entertainment and good coffee was made by a machine which ground the beans freshly for each cup whilst another machine dispensed watery fruit juice. Tea and hot chocolate were also available.

Directions: From train station: look across the roundabout at the exit & you'll see the hotel.
From the port exit: turn left, walk a few metres along the main road, take the first right & walk up this road until you reach a roundabout. The hotel is now on your left.

Nearby VIME Octavio

• Continental Breakfast
  • Room Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Algeciras Travel Forum

Need advice about Algeciras, Spain? Visit the Travel Forum for Algeciras and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Algeciras hotel reviews

Guadacorte
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Ac Algeciras
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Hotel Reina Cristina
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Explore Deeper into Algeciras
Tours take the slow boat
Transportation
My ferries did not leave on time, not even close!
FERRY TO AFRICA.