Hotel Virgen del Mar

Paseo del Mediterraneo 245, Mojacar Playa, Costa de Almeria, Mojacar, Andalusia, 04638, Spain
Booking.com Priceline.com Otel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Almería

Not an hotel in sight!Not an hotel in sight!

High noonHigh noon

The AlcazabaThe Alcazaba

The AlcazabaThe Alcazaba

Urgent: Accomodation Required 23rd July

by RJLee53

Hi,

I've just joined Virtual Tourist; I have an urgent problem and would HUGELY appreciate any help...

I've found out this evening that the villa where my family and our friends (8 of us) were sue to stay next week has a problem: the pool has leaked and we can't go there. With this in mind I am desperate to find accomodation in MOJACAR for 8 people from Monday 23rd July to 2nd August - or maybe from 23rd for 1 week as we may be able to return early. As we only found out tonight we've not been successful so far in finding somewhere. We need a pool, air con, and prefereably a decent location.

My apologies if this is not the right place to post - but I face the prospect of very disappointed children and friends if we can't find anywhere.

My email is richard_lee@uk.lenovo.com - or if anyone can help my mobile in the UK is 07802 925 449.

I know this is an odd request, but I'm really trying anything at this late stage. Any sugggestions MOST welcome.

Richard Lee

by ATLC

Sorry I can't help but eeek, that sounds terrible!
I hope you find something soon.

What I am thinking is: if it's a fault of the accommodation, can't they be made responsible of finding an alternative? Or the agency through which you booked?

by Nui-tutu

You could try Vacation Rentals By Owner, VRBO.com

Good luck!

by RJLee53

Thanks for the suggestion - However this is a family villa so we haven't booked through an agent. Our children love swimming and it's going to be a major disappointment if we can't find anywhere!..I'm really hoping someone can come up with something and we will be phoning round all the agents we know of in the morning. (It's 12:40am and I'm still surfing to find somewhere!...). Again if anyone has any useful contacts or suggestion that would be fantastic!

Thanks again

by Belsaita

Ops, bad timing to find anything reasonable... I'm so sorry

A few sites to try (in case you have not done yet):

The best options are already booked for sure, but who knows, you might find they had a cancellation

I would suggest you not to limit to Mojacar area, but to anywere in a reasonable distance of your arrival aiport (Almeria?)

having your own pool is a must, but maybe you should consider anywere that's closer to a public swimming pool

In any case, best of luck!

by Nui-tutu

I'm dying to know whether you found a solution and what/where it is.

Travel Tips for Almería

Check out some of the little...

by muzzgilden

Check out some of the little villages inland going towards the mountain ranges or 'Sierras' ie Laujar, Canjayar, Berja, Enix/Felix, and the coast line east of the City.
check out www.costacasa.com

Escuela de Artes y Oficios (School of Fine Arts)

by Miguel_Marques

The school was created in 1886 and opened in 1887.

The building is the old cloister of the Convent of Santo Domingo (attached to the Basilica de la Virgen del Mar), rebuilt in 1728 and later on refurbished in the Historicist style.

It's been one of the most important cultural institutions in the capital city. Personalities such as Celia Viñas, García Lorca or the president of the former I Republic of Spain, Nicolás Salmeron (who was born in Almeria) attended classes here.

Nowadays it houses the Centro Andaluz de la Fotografía (Andalusian Centre of Photography), one of the most importante photo institutions in Spain, showing permanently 456 pictures of the mons renowned photographs in the Mediterranean.
Many other cultural events such as concerts and exhibitions take place here.

Some scenes of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade were shot in its patio.

Comments