Torrelaguna

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Almería

rocksrocks

Old lost MolinoOld lost Molino

Do you know the way to San José.....Do you know the way to San José.....

by yonny

We are thinking of a permanent move to spain in the next twelve months and as we have friends who've been to Almeria (and loved it!) we thought we would start there as a base to look around for a home of our own.
What i really need are tips from people who have done just this, tips about estate agents,cheap B and B's to stay in while we look, car hire etc!
Who to avoid and who can be trusted
What have people learnt from the move over, is it all you dreamed of?
Its such a big step, I really would appreciate help from someone who has already taken such a step!

RE: first time to Almeria, looking to eventually move over, any tips from one who has done this?

by Sophia17

Hiya my names Sophia and i'm 17. My mum and i used to live near Almeria and i went to school there. I've come back to england to do A-levels for two years which is why i'm here atm. Are you moving as a couple, or do you have a family? Also, are you looking for a town house or something in one of the small towns in the country? I can tell you about the different places around Almeria, theres some places that are full of English people and some where there are none. I lived in a completely spanish village (apart from a few english families) and i loved it, although as i'm a teenager lol i found it boring sometimes cos it was away from all the buzz of the town. but i was at school all day so it didnt realli matter. well reply with any questions and tell me what sort of place your looking for and i'll help as much as i can! lv Sophia x

Travel Tips for Almería

San Jose de Cabo de Gata

by Carmela71

This old fishermen village, situated in the Parque Natural de Cabo de Gata-Nijar (Natural Park), has become one of the most tranquil and attractive tourist sites on the Almerian coast.

It is located forms a wide bay, sitting between two zones of volcanic rock, unique to the Cabo de Gata ("Cape Cat").

This little town was, until recently, a hidden fishermen's port with only a few dozen inhabitants, one of the reasons for its late discovery was the bad communications. I am afraid It was discovered thanks to the tourist industry.

It is the start town to the cabo de gata itinerary tour....

Almeria

by uglyscot

My first trip to Spain saw my arrival at Almeria airport. We were staying at Aguadulce further along the coast, so had to travel the coast road with its drops to the sea- just the sort of scenic route I hate.
Trips into Almeria included buying curtains at the open market, eating toast dripping with mucho manquilla [spelling ?, = butter]finding a juicer to squeeze pomegranates= and other non-tourist outings like to the huge supermarket, Pryka..

We had been warned not to wander near the citadel as gypsies congregated there, and muggings were common.

The harbour is quite busy with ships leaving for Melilla, and ships taking salt, which was once a very important export from Almeria. The salt was made by filling salt pans and allowing the seawater to evaporate.
From our apartment we would watch the salings to the African continent.

Comments