Victoria Playa Hotel

More about Almuñécar

Morgadio Wine at the Hotel casablancaMorgadio Wine at the Hotel casablanca

Vinos y LicoresVinos y Licores

Paintings - Hotel CasablancaPaintings - Hotel Casablanca

chicken and veg - yum!chicken and veg - yum!

almunecar

by filboy

Is it woth staying at Almunecar for 2 days before going to Alhambra for another 2 days? Are there better alternatives to Almunecar, and not too far from Alhambra? I have a bad back and I want to be about an hour drive from Alhambra.

Re: almunecar

by Carmela71

It would depend on what do you want to visit, If you want to stay near the beach, almuñecar and Salobreña would be your options, the new road is good.

Alpujarras (in between Granada and the coast) Could be an option maybe if you wnat to visit nature and something tipical.

Also the north of Granada at one hour drive is Guadix, we stayed last year around this dates, and it was very nice, you ahve the troglodite caves, a beautiful castle at Lacalahorra with the snowed mountians at the back of Sierra Nevada.. we stayed two days and we loved it.

You will spend one day around Alhambra in Granada and the other extra day, will let you explore other areas as Albaicin and Sacromonte...So try not to stay less than 2 days in Granada.

Carmen

Re: Re: almunecar

by filboy

Thanks again Carmen. You are a charm. We'll try our best to vist Guadix.

Re: Re: almunecar

by Carmela71

Have a look to the pages, I would suggest to stay in a cave hotel, there are for around 50 euros the night.

Thanks for your comments

carmen

Travel Tips for Almuñécar

Great complimentary tapas with drinks

by aaaarrgh

Like several other Andalucian towns, if you buy a drink in Almunecar bars, you will probably get a free snack. In fact, at all the bars I stopped in the free tapas were really very good indeed. Far better than any other I'd had on my holiday. Around the Plaza de la Constitucion I had a delicious bowl of chickpea stew. And then just around the corner another bar gave a really tasty bowl of tuna and avocado.

Though I might warn you, at the Plaza de la Constictucion, the popular 'El Meson' bar tried to charge us for a meal we never had!! But generally the people of the town were extremely friendly.

Comments