Bali

Booking.com Official Site Travelocity

Costs 42% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Bali

Good Hotel - Friendly staff very clean

We stayed for a week and had a great time. It is a big hotel but we found the service excellent. Be aware it is about a 100 yard walk up a hill to get to from the main road. We had no problems with security and heard no reports.

The immediate area is full of bars and restaurants. I would recommend to anyone who stays to make a point of visiting Buddy’s Bar situated in Plaza de Ole (which is behind Barclays Bank). Its run by an English couple called Malcolm and Jackie. In the week we were there they made us feel welcome and were good fun the Bar has a great atmosphere and a good variety of music is played. Give it a try !!!

One of the best 3star hotels i have stayed in

The hotel bali is one of the best 3 star hotels we have stayed in, the worst thing about it is the hill leading up to it, but apart from that excellent.
The entertainment was first class with a kids mini disco from 20.30 and then a show for the family, We only left the hotel just the 1 night as we met other people & had a really great time, the bar is open until 01.00am & we thought the prices we're very seasonable with a happy hour every Tues, Thurs & Sat (2 coctails for 4 Euro).
There are 3 pools on different levels & a cafe-bar on lower level.
There is a maid service every day (Towels left on floor will be replaced).
The resturaunt is very clean with an excellent food choice every day. There are also 4 computer terminals in the main bar for internet, E-Mail & messenger at a cost of (1 euro for 10 mins & 2 euro for 20 mins). 2 Places of interest are Tivoli World & Cable Car to top of mountains with picturesque views, bird show, horse show, donkey rides & a cafe at just a 5 euro taxi ride from hotel.
There we're no reports of robbery or violence.
Would we stay there again? Definately

Not our cup a tea

As a couple of 33 years old we stayed in the Bali apartments self catering!
We went there to relax and there was no chance of that!!! The walls were paper thin and I had to bang on neighbours door and complain at 2am cos of the noise! We had two good nights sleep out seven! The room was fine and if you can put up with the noise its an O.K Hotel.

As for Benalmedena........ Its to english for our liking. same old bars and timeshare touts with their scratchcard scams(DON'T BOTHER).

The marina is nice and the best food can be found there!
Our favourite was the Tex-Mex at the and of the marina! Fantastic food and service.

3 OUT OF 10

Good value for the price we paid

by TripAdvisor Member Fosh

We stayed in the studios which we found to be very roomy & although basic catered for our needs. However the walls, including the bathroom walls, are paper thin which I found a little unsettling & doors banging throughout the night & people returning to the hotel in the early hours of the morning singing & shouting were a problem. The maid only came once during our weeks stay & then only changed the towels, if you wanted your towels changing at any other time it cost 9 euros. If you drink in the bar check your bill as we were charged for drinks we didn't have & when challenged the barman was quite rude.
The hill is absolutely fine for the able bodied but would perhaps prove a little difficult for the elderly or disabled.
Also, a couple of bars to avoid are Monkey business as the lager was absolutely disgusting & Angies bar where we were charged 10 euros for 2 gin & orange (approx £3.50 each), the orange tasted like flat orangeade. An excellent bar is ' The Corner' & is down on the front, the staff are friendly, with excellent food & drink - we ate there often.
The beach is lovely & sandy & was surprisingly quiet for the time of year, except on Sunday when all the locals & their families have a day out! The marina & 'Little Vienna' are both well worth a visit.
My husband & I enjoyed our stay but would not return, however, my teenage daughter & her friend would most definately go back.

Very Clean, Excellent Food - No Complaints

by TripAdvisor Member Linconshire couple

Just returned yesterday from the Bali after a excellent holiday. The hotel is very clean throughout, the rooms are adequately furnished, but very basic & dated - but they do the job. Likewise the bathroom was tiled in orange tiles, but a full sized bath & shower over it, again very clean. Maid service couldn't be faulted. We had a free child place so there was three of us in the room & space was limited, but not uncomfortable.

The hill up to the hotel is not as bad as some make out. Granted if you are elderley or have children in pushchairs then that would be more difficult, but for anyone of reasonable health then not a problem - works off the food & beer anyway!

The food was very, very good, breakfast was from cereals, hams & cheeses, yoghurts, toasts & jams, full fry up & breads etc. All buffet style so something for everyone. Tea, Coffee & three fruit juices were also available. Evening meal was just as much of a dilemma what to choose from - big choices of salads, meats, fish, two soups each night as well. For the kids / fussy eaters the usual safe options of chips & pizza etc were also available.

The pool area was average, some of the sunloungers had seen better days - BUT on the plus side the pool did have a lifeguard at all times. Pool bar was good & also served reasonably priced snacks. Evening entertainment was varied - some nights a lot better than others.

Summary:- very clean, excellent food, lifeguards round the pool, service really good. On the negative side, the room decor / furniture was very dated & sun beds had seen better days.

Overall we found it to be fantastic value for what we paid & wouldn't hesitate to return..

hated it

i have just go back from my holiday and granted it was a cheap and cheerfull one,i have always done package holidays and the accomidation has been ok..i know that i have to exspect famlies from all over but hotel bali was just the worst ever.doors banging shut at 4am in the morning..kids still running round in all the bar areas till gone 2am..couldnt get near the pool due to so many unruly children...come on parents please keep the young ones ease..i know its there holiday to but have respect for others..the holiday reps were awfull..every other word was met with a yawn and trying to hire a car was just impossible as there so busy yawning they forget what you want...so hotel bali is great if all you want to do is let your kids run riot untill stupid oclock and have endless sleepless nights due to the noise...i give the place a big fat zero.

Going back next year

by TripAdvisor Member xdiamond_tearsx

We have just got back and already I am missing it. The hotel was a three star but it was one of the best hotels I have stayed in, the rooms were spacious and very hygienic. As for the pool it was ideal as there was a lifeguard on duty during the day. The hotel reps were also very sociable and would always make sure the children were enjoying themselves. The food there was superb we stayed half bored and there was so much variety. I am definitely returning next year but instead of staying one week I am staying 2.

Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member ally247

We have just returned from a week at the Hotel Bali. Booked a late deal and was a little apprehensive as we had or 14 year old with us who can be difficult to please. I need not have worried as she met lots of friends and had the best time ever.
The service at the hotel was really good. The food was lovely (and I am a fussy eater) and plenty of variety. The rooms were basic but clean. Maid service daily. Just could not fault it.
During the day there were lots of games going on suitable for all ages. The entertainment staff were brilliant day and night.
Outdoors there were two main pools plus cafe bars and two small pools for little ones. Also there was a stage where the entertainment took place. There was so much going on during the day and night in the hotel it was hard to drag our 14 year old away. Inside the hotel there was an internet cafe, main indoor bar, reception area, cold drink machines, a dance floor (nightly discos) and a separate smoking room.
The hotel is situated on a hill but close to all bars, shops etc.
Outside the hotel there is so much going on. I just wish we had two weeks so we could have ventured out more. The harbour was fantastic especially at night when it was all lit up. Trivo world was a theme park with lots of rides. It was a great night out for the kids. You could pay 16 euros and they have a band which allows them to ride on everything in the park.
I would recommend this hotel and resort and will most definitely go back.

The Bali has everythiing you want

by TripAdvisor Member Stephen_Mouskouri

After reading some negative reviews I was very aprehensive about staying in the Bali Hotel in Benalmadena. However, I have no complaints at all about my stay.
My room was on the seventh (top) floor with a marvellous sea view. The hotel staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and the hotel was well air conditioned and VERY clean. Your room was serviced every day and the maids were always very thorough and incredibly polite.
I paid for half board in the hotel and on the occasions I did eat there I was incredibly impressed at the quality and general choice of food. There was something there for everyone. A mixture of Spanish and English cuisine suitable for both meat/fish eaters and vegetarians. The waiting staff were very efficient and always on hand if you needed anything. The only negative aspect is, you have to go to the bar to get your drinks. There is only one bar for quite a large restaurant so depending on the time you go to eat, you may have to queue. However, this was not something that affected my enjoyment or opinion of the well managed buffet restaurant.
I never stayed in the hotel on an evening so I can't comment on the entertainment but I did notice there was a diffent show or act every night.
On the previous reviews I noticed a lot of people mentioned the walls veing very thin and the hotel being quite noisy. I never had any problems with noise though I do remember the doors did make a hell of a clash if not closed properly so deopending on the guests staying near you I supppose it could be noisy. As I have already mentioned, however, the staff are very friendly so I'm sure if you had a word with reception they would be only to happy to do whatever they could to resolve your issues.
I also experienced no issues with security. You can rent a safe in your room for only two euros a day and a three euro deposit.
Overall I had a lovely stay at the Bali and have no hesitation in recomending it to any couples and families. However for the very elderly and less mobile I would avoid it. As with a lot of hotels in Benalmadena and The Costa Del Sol in general it is on quite a steep bank which could be a struggle for the afore mentioned.

Excellent time.

by TripAdvisor Member me10

Had a lovely time here. I'd heard reviews about someones room being robbed and also the decor was supposedly untasteful. Well we had no trouble with crime and the rooms weren't that bad at all ( we went to spend time out of the room not holed up in one). Basic looking but who cares about that? It was a very clean air conditioned hotel and the maids looked after the rooms very well indeed. Paper thin walls though, so we heard everything that was going on!
The entertainment was geared mainly towards kids but it was enjoyable all the same. The food was mainly processed stuff i.e. chicken nuggets and spag bol out of a can, but there was plenty of fruit and salad, also the polite and curteous dinner waiters deserve a special mention!
We hired a car very cheaply from a company based in the triton hotel over the road from the bali, but the staff came across as a bunch of cowboys. Had quite a bad experience with them actually but that's another story.
If you turn left out of the hotel,and walk about 5 mins, there's various nice resteraunts and a spar food shop. Turn right out of the hotel and there is the beach and a row of bars and gift shops etc. Bars worth visiting include The bees knees and Monkey business. Stay away from Free ride.
I would definitely go again and I thouroughly enjoyed my time there.

Comments