Flatotel Internacional

Ur Torrequebrada, Avda del Sol S/N, Ronda del Golf Oeste, Benalmadena, Costa del Sol, 29630, Spain

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 10% higher than other 3 star hotels

• travelshow's Profile Photo

Watch your belongings

This hotel has many redeeming features- a decent price, nice views, convenient parking and very spacious rooms. It has two deficiencies which would stop me from staying there however. The desk while friendly has very little information to help the tourist and things disappear from rooms. There is a safe in each room but clothing and a bracelet were stolen from us when we were there and we have read reviews by others who have had the same experience. I cannot the recommend the facility in spite of its promise otherwise.

Unique Quality: Small pool, fine views, clean and large rooms.

Directions: About fifteen miles or so West of Malaga

• travelshow's Profile Photo

Rooms robbed

Our family stayed at the Flatotel last week. We engaged three rooms for our family of eleven. Before chosing the Flatotel my wife read reviews of others who had stayed at the hotel. She was surprised to read of several instances of theft. However, because these reviews were rather old she surmised that these situations were taken care of by the management and this hotel with its apartment set-up was ideal for our family. Although the hotel is not in the center of things, we were quite satisfied with the rooms and view. The restaurant is not so great and the desk was helpful but uninformed for the most part. Have your planning done before your arrive.

The day before we were to depart from the hotel my daughter-in-law noticed her bracelet was missing. My wife went to the desk and told the man on duty. He referred her to a middle aged woman who appeared to be either the manager or the owner. Upon hearing the about the incident she inquired whether the bracelet was gold. My wife indicated that it was silver. She said she couldn't imagine why someone would take a silver bracelet. My wife referred her to reviews that she had read on the internet about things being taken from guest's rooms. The woman indicated that she was unaware of these reviews and would check on them. My daughter also noted that some of her teenage daughter's clothes that she had especially purchased for the trip were missing.

I am a seasoned traveler (I have even written a book on third world travel) and have never encountered a situation where this conduct was done by staff (even in the poorest of countries). More surprising is that these incidents seem to be blatantly ignored by management. For that reason, we cannot recommend this hotel.

Unique Quality: Roomy accommodations, fair location, average desk service at best, family friendly, restaurant service not sufficient. Pool is not handicap accessible. Parking very good.

More about Flatotel Internacional

Long stay

by poppyfav

My husband and I are considering a long stay vacation at "Flatotel" in Benalmadena Costa.
We would be interested in any info on this hotel and location.
What temperatures in March/April?
Thanks Jean.

by Pomerol

I stayed there a few years ago in November(1999). The rooms were absolutely immense and the price was quite affordable. It is across the street from the beach and nearby the Casino. I felt it was excellent value for the money.

Hope this helps.

by alaninbenalmadena

The hotel is in the Torrequebrada area, between Benalmadena and Fuengirola. There is a good and inexpensive bus service along the coast road, there is also a tran service but it would mean a little walk uphill to the nearest station. The line runs between Fuengirola and Malaga City. The weather in March and April should be around 12-13C at night and 22-24C at the hottest part of the day. There may be some showers but these would be sporadic and over quickly. Most locals wear short sleeve shirts and carry umbrellas during the day in case, light jackets or cardigans in the evening.

by poppyfav

Thankyou for replying to my request. We have booked the Flatotel,Benalmadena Costa for the month of April.All info you can give for the area and best day trips would be appreciated.
Thanks Jean.