Villasol

MedPlaya Hotel Villasol
Booking.com Official Site Travelocity

Costs 56% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Benalmádena

The tourist train.The tourist train.

Cinco siglos.Cinco siglos.

Santa Domingo de Gúzman church.Santa Domingo de Gúzman church.

Avenuda Antonio Machado - a supermarket.Avenuda Antonio Machado - a supermarket.

Travel Tips for Benalmádena

Blue Skies and Golden Beaches

by Geoff_Wright

The promenade stretches from the harbourside at Benalmadena to Torremolinos and beyond. It is a relaxing walk with no steps or other obstructions for the more mature, or infirm visitor to worry about. A gentle stroll will take you from between 30 and 40 minutes one way, but longer if you browse in the many shops!!

Flanked by the blue sea on one side, and numerous small shops, restaurants and apartments on the other, we walked from Torremolinos to the Marina and back several times.

Buon appetito

by tigertribal about Varadero Restaurant

Very good restaurant. The bruschetta is superb & the pasta & pizzas are first class as well.

Staff are friendly & efficient.

Located less than 10 mins from Sol Timor apartments, heading Torremolinos direction, 1 street back from the promenade.

Highly recommended.

The most unusual building in Andalusia - Colomares

by Regina1965

Now this castle is a beautifully hidden gem and it took some doing getting there.

Castillo de Colomares is devoted to Christopher Columbus´s discovery of America and different parts of the castle show Columbus´s feats and the religions in Spain at this time, making the castle delightfully beautiful and interesting. The castle is the largest monument dedicated to Christopher Columbus´s discovery of America. At the castle is the smallest chapel in the world and both the chapel and the castle are listed in The Guinness Book of Records. The castle was built from 1987-1994.

I recommend going there, it is a fairy tale castle. The entrance fee is 2 euros and you get a map which guides you through the castle with numbers from 1-16 explaining what each section of the castle means.

I add more photos of the castle in a travelogue here.

I had seen photos of the castle in travel-guides but it seemed as if nobody knew where it was located. Then I got information on that it was located in Benalmádena Pueblo and I could go there by bus from Arroyo de la Miel/Benalmádena. So I took the train from Torremolinos to Arroyo de la Miel and got on a bus asking the bus driver to tell me when I should get off for Benalmádena Pueblo. By that time I did not know that there is a group of bus-drivers who hate tourists and let them off at wrong locations, sic! So the "joke" was on me this day. We drove into the hills and when I saw a white village I asked if this was Benalmádena pueblo, to which the bus-driver answered no and that it was further on. We passed road-construction in the mountain and close to there the bus-driver told me that I should get off. I had no clue where I was at, it was on an August afternoon and very hot and I was lost. There were some villas down a steep hill and down there I went, no signs of anything until I ran into some men, one of which fortunately spoke English. He told me that I was not even close to the castle and walked with me up this steep hill and showed me where to catch a bus to Benalmádena pueblo. There were absolutely no people at the bus station and I felt like I was in Sahara. Then an English woman came out of the blue and asked me if I wanted to share a cab with her to Benalmádena pueblo where she lived! She asked the cab-driver to drive me down to Colomares castle which is located just beneath Benalmádena pueblo. I thank these people from saving me this day and believe they are angels in disguise. And to the bus-driver I say: "%&# and don´t forget that because of tourism in Costa del Sol this area is blooming!".

Costa del Sol

by mary_birt

We stayed in the town of Benalmadena which is about 15km from Malaga airport.
Benalmadena is one of the smallest municipalities in the Malaga province,but despite this it is one of the resorts which gets the highest number of visitors to the Costa del Sol.It is situated between Torremolinos and Fuengirola and lies in the foothills of the sierra de Mijas.
There is a beautiful marina there with shops,restaurants,cafeterias and hotels. The Puerto Marina residential area has won many international awards, the apartments look great but must cost the earth to own(if only I had a lot of money!)
There is a small railway which runs from Malaga to Fuengirola and is very cheap to travel on.
You can walk from Torremolinos to Benalmadena along the promenade.
There are lots of excellent restaurants to try. and countless bars. it is not so commercialised as Torremolinos and Fuengirola.
Ronda, Nerja and Gibraltar are all within easy driving distances