Sonrisas Del Mar

Avda. De La Playa, 3, Conil de la Frontera, 11140, Spain
Booking.com

More about Conil de la Frontera

Conil de la Frontera - Doorway (2006)Conil de la Frontera - Doorway (2006)

CádizCádiz

Caracoles in the fieldsCaracoles in the fields

1st of january1st of january

what to do?

by firekit

Hi,
Myself and my sisters are heading to Conil next week and can't wait!! We won't have any transport and we haven't a word of spanish but we always like a laugh.
Has anybody any suggestions on what to do (we like the outdoors) and where to go at night (we love to dance!)
Thanks
Kit

RE: what to do?

by Maurizioago

Conil should be not far from Vejer de la Frontera. If I am right I strongly suggest to visit that place. Vejer is a nice white village. Have a look at my Andalucia page to see some (old) pics of this place.

Ciao!

Re: what to do?

by daarth

Conil has one very important activity and attraction: THE BEACH!
;-)
When the beach is too much, then there is a good bus service to the city of Cadiz

Travel Tips for Conil de la Frontera

language schools

by coccinella169

In Conil you`ll find two language schools- Akademia Atlantika and Academia Andaluza. In my first year in Conil I went to Akademia Atlantika and I made great progresses in speaking spanish. They offer a lot of excursions (e.g. Sevilla, Cadiz, Vejer) and social activities (parties, eating tapas together etc etc) too. they offer nice and cheap appartments too, all of them with roof terraces. just in one appartment there were cockroaches, i think it`s close to calle trafalgar, so be aware. the only disadvantage i think is, that there are just german speaking students, so you don`t practize spanish with the others and you don`t get to know different cultures, which would be more interesting. average age of people is between 18 and 35, but there are some younger and older guys too.
In my second year in Conil I went to Academia Andaluza, which is slightly cheaper. It is in a lovely andalucian style building. I found courses less professional than at Atlantika. They have less students, so it can be a problem for them to find the right level for everybody. So I was in a level, which was too low for me and got bored a bit. Although I complaint, they didn`t do anything about it. Their flats are less nice than the ones Atlantika offer. On the other hand I would say that I liked the atmosphere better than at Atlantika. At Andaluza too, there were apart from 1 italian and one british guy only german speaking students.

Cala del Aceite beach

by SirRichard

Probably the smallest and the best hidden beach in Conil.
This small beach is located amongst the cliffs that you can find in the north coast of Conil, near the harbour.
To reach it by car, exit the village north towards the cemetery, turn left at the following crossroad following always the sign Camping Cala del Aceite and go on till the end of the road.

This beach is not so crowded in summer, the waters are still but the bottom of the beach is not as sandy as in the main beach, there are some stones and rocks.

Comments