Hotel Gracia Esparteria

C/ Rodriguez Marin 5, (formerly Hotel Gracia San Martin), Cordoba, Andalusia, 14002, Spain

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

VT Review Summary

Hotel Gracia Esparteria is a 2 star hotel located on C/ Rodriguez Marin in the old town part of Cordoba. Attractions in the vicinity include Museo de Julio Romero de Torres, Museum of Fine Arts, and Archaeological Museum of Cordoba. Hotel Gracia Esparteria received a 60% satisfaction rating. Positive reviewer comments included being clean and comfortable, with big rooms and a wardrobe. Reviewers also mentioned the hotel was good for a weekend, though some said they would not return. Guests mentioned that the hotel is “very central”, next to the Roman temple. There were few negative comments such as staff not being friendly enough, and a lot of noise in rooms facing the street. Amenities include Wireless Internet access, air conditioning, television, and multilingual staff.

More about Córdoba

Cordoba - SpainCordoba - Spain

Ruth trying FlamenquinRuth trying Flamenquin

The mihrab (prayer niche pointing to Mecca)The mihrab (prayer niche pointing to Mecca)

Alcazar de los Reyes CristianosAlcazar de los Reyes Cristianos

Can I take a bus or train from Cordoba to Evora, Portugal?

by wanderingtheworld

Would anyone know what the best or cheapest way to get from Cordoba to Evora, Portugal is? I am traveling in mid November.

by Roadquill

Best and cheapest? There is a low cost train from Cordoba to Sevilla (around 9 euro) check Renfe. I am not familiar with Evora, but I would check for low cost airlines like Vueling in getting from Sevilla to a major airport by Evora. Karl

by activi

You have two options

-Get to Madrid either by train or bus
take a bus at the Estacion Sur autobues to Evora with Alsa

-Get to SEvilla by train or bus, move to the Plaza de Armas station if needed.
Take a bus to Lisboa. From there take another bus or train to Evora.

I think the best is the first option.

by activi

You have three options

-Get to Madrid either by train or bus
take a bus at the Estacion Sur autobues to Evora with Alsa

-Get to SEvilla by train or bus, move to the Plaza de Armas station if needed.
Take a bus to Lisboa. From there take another bus or train to Evora.

-Get to Lisboa by plane from madrid, easyjet for example, then a train or bus to Evora.

by puerto_lover

Just had an idea. Do you enjoy sleeping on an overnight bus? If so (it could save money on hostal) then there is a bus leaving from Seville (Prado bus station which is on the west of the old city) for Portugal ending at Lisbon that leaves around 23.30 ! gets to Lisbon in the early morning about 7.30 Spanish time - that's 6.30 am lisbon.
But downside is that it costs Euros 45.
Look on www.alsa.es for some booking etc.

To get to Seville is easy enough - not sure about the cheapest way but certainly the local train (stopping) CERCANIAS takes about 1 1/2 hours and costs E. 8.20
So I reckon with some walking between Santa Justa station to Prado bus station through the heart of the old city of Seville, you could reach Lisbon for about E. 53.20
Have not looked at Lisbon - Evora but sure you could do that cheaply too.

by Jesperp

Go by the AVE Train to Sevilla Santa Justa, Spain from Cordoba and by bus to Faro, Portugal from there.

Train timetable: http://www.bahn.de/international/view/en/index.shtml

Bus timetable Spain - Portugal: http://www.tgcomes.es/

Go by bus to Evora from Faro: http://www.rede-expressos.pt/

Regards Jesper

Travel Tips for Córdoba

LA MEZQUITA - CATHEDRAL. This...

by Tolik

LA MEZQUITA - CATHEDRAL. This is Cordoba's outstanding monument, formerly the principal mosque of Western Islam (and still known as Mesquita), third largest mosque of the world and finest achievement of Moorish architecture in Spain.

THE GUADALQUIVIR RIVER

by LoriPori

The fourth longest river in Spain, the GUADALQUIVIR RIVER is also the longest in Andalucia. The name comes from the Arabic Al-Wadi Al-Kabir which means the "Great River".
The River is 657 kilometres long and begins at Canada de las Fuentes in the Cazorla Mountain Range, passes through Cordoba and Seville and ends at the fishing village of Bonanza, flowing into the Gulf of Cadiz in the Atlantic Ocean.
Views of the Guadalquivir River can be seen from the Roman Bridge.

You absolutely MUST NOT leave...

by Krystynn

You absolutely MUST NOT leave CORDOBA without trying out the following things (I'm sure you'll never forgive yourself if you do miss it!):

1. Catch a fiery Flamenco show.

2. Try a dish of Paella (seafood rice).

3. Drink a glass of Sangria (a nice alcoholic cocktail drink)! I love this drink!!

4. Take up Flamenco dancing and make Joaquin Cortes (did I spell his name correctly?) envious. Kidding!

FROM Cordoba to Seville

by unaS

FROM
Retuning after a long hard day on foot from Cordoba to Seville, I opted for the train.
I was able to buy my ticket at the station in Cordoba just before the trip with no problem.

The train arrives in Seville at the Santa Justa train station. Easy walking from there to Santa Cruz, or a short bus or taxi ride.

It was a much faster and more comfortable trip than the bus was that morning. It is a direct train with just one or two stops as I remember it.

I took the 18.32h train and was in Seville by 19.49h.

Seats are reserved, but the train was not crowded and people prety much sat wherever they wanted to. I got a window seat because a couple wanted to sit together. Not much to see, so a window seat is not really important on this ride.

There was a food car on the train that sold coffee, drinks, snacks and sandwiches. I decided to wait till I arrived because the prices were higher than one would expect to pay for these items.

The train ticket cost Euro 8.60.

Good for Tapas

by karenincalifornia about Meson Bandolero

We had done a lot of sightseeing and it was too hot to keep going at it, but we had about 2 hours until dinner. Never mind that we were going to spoil out dinner, we went for tapas to fill up the afternoon. Meson Bandolero is a hotel/restaurant and is located across the street from the Mezquita. We ordered the tapas from the counter from a waiter who reminded me a bit of that bungling angel character played by Buck Henry in the movie "Heaven Can Wait".

It went something like this:

Buck tells us the names of the tapas items. We can't understand him. Nor can my Spanish speaking son. Must be something about the Cordoban dialect. We take our chances and point. Buck thinks we are pointing at something else. We point again, this time there should be no mistake. Again he thinks we are pointing to something else. We go through this exercise about 5 times. Finally, we all agree upon what we want to order.

Buck says "Medio o grande?" and holds up two different size dishes. We point to the smaller one and say "Medio, por favor." Buck looks at us very doubtfully, holds up the medio dish and says "Medio." We say "Si." He picks up the grande dish and says "Grande?" We say, "No, medio, por favor" and point to the medio bowl. He again picks up the medio dish, looks at us very, very skeptically, making us wonder if we are committing some major faux pas and says, "Medio." Not a question. Just a statement. We say "Si, medio, por favor." We go through this about 5 times, too and finally he motions to the table and tells us "Por favor, sientese".

We sit down and Buck brings us tapas we didn't think we ordered in grande dishes.

I want a second glass of wine, but my husband doesn't. I ask for uno copa de vino. Buck says "Dos?" I say, "No, uno, por favor." He points to us both and says "Uno?" I say, "No, uno copa solamente para mi." Buck says "Dos?" I say "No, uno, por favor". Buck says "Uno." Not a question. Just a statement. He leaves, comes back with two glasses of wine.

I give up. The tapas, whatever it was that we ordered, was quite tasty. So were the 4 glasses of wine.

Comments