Senses&Colours Anil Hostel

Barroso 4, Córdoba, 14003, Spain

AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Average

VT Review Summary

Senses & Colours Anil Hostel is a hostel located on Barroso Street in the old town center. Attractions in the vicinity include Archaeological Museum of Cordoba, Calleja de las Flores, and San Nicolas de Villa. Senses & Colours Anil Hostel received a 72% satisfaction rating. Positive reviewer comments included helpful and welcoming staff, clean rooms and excellent air conditioning. Reviewers also mentioned the location is “perfect” for seeing Cordoba, right in the heart of the city. Guests mentioned that the demographic of those who stayed ranged from young backpackers to mature couples. There were few negative comments such as being noisy and difficult to find, citing that GPS loses connection easily in the area. Amenities include free high-speed wireless Internet access.

More about Córdoba

Dining room for smokersDining room for smokers

Viana PalaceViana Palace

The women's gallery.The women's gallery.

Church of Santa Maria, Cordova, SpainChurch of Santa Maria, Cordova, Spain

Visiting the Mezquita

by bhinton

We are visiting Cordoba in May. I know that there is a problem with crowds at the Mezquita. Is there any time of the day when the crowds are at a minimum?

Re: Visiting the Mezquita

by worldinabag

Hi

When I visited the Mezquita it was in late May and didn't find it crowded at all. We went before 10.00am - I believe it's free of charge until that time. Better double check. RESTAURANT TIP: we never ate here but had a good look inside. Lovely! Bodegas Campos - http://www.bodegascampos.com

Re: Visiting the Mezquita

by Valadelphia

I was there in May last year and did not find it crowded at all. I have also heard you can enter early morning.

Travel Tips for Córdoba

City Fountains:

Found in...

by ctv881

City Fountains:

Found in the barrio of the Costanillas, source of great bullfighters, and constructed in 1,721 by order of the Chief Magistrate Vera and Zúñiga; it is one of the many spots in which you can refresh form the heat of the summer in the city.

Cordobas Patios

by pepples46

of course well garded, all the tourist would just move in and would be all over private property.....but Cordobas people share it, with open safegard doors though!! I was very impressed with that look into the Entrance of Houses..serene and beautiful

Palacio de Marques de Viana

by davidcross

As with the botanical garden, I am surprised that this should be 'off the beaten track' but it barely comes up in the tps here although the Tourist Board info lists it as worth seeing for its lovely patios even in Cordoba where there are so many [as several tips testify.]
A full tour of the house and patios takes an hour and a half for a guided tour with a commentary only in Spanish and costs €6. What I recommend is a ticket which allows you to see the patios only [twelve of them!] on your own for €3.
I shall be creating a travelogue to show something of the variety of the patios.
I can find neither a telephone number nor a good website in English but it is marked on the tourist board map.

Tabernas

by Lorro about Taberna "whatever"

Ok, this tip isn´t just one restaurant but many. What you can do is get a list of the tabernas at the tourist office and then go check them out. Or just walk around the streets a little outside the main tourist area but still in the center. There are many and most are reasonably priced and offer typical Cordoban and Spanish food.
The photo was taken at the taberna called Rincon Cordobes. My friends were leading the way so I dont know exactly where it was, sorry. One of my favorite typical Cordobes dishes is Salmorejo. Its a cousin of Gazpacho, but thicker and usually used as a dip rather than a soup, Try it with vegetable sticks, bread or on top of your tortilla espanola. Also try Pincho Moruno (spicy kebabs). Flamenquin is also a typical cordobes food but Its not my favorite, you might like it though!

Taberna Plateros

by barryg23

Taberna Plateros is located right beside the hotel where we stayed and is recommended in most Cordoban guide books. Yet it wasn't until our last night in the city that we found the time to visit. After an evening spent in various tapas bars in the city we stopped here for one final tapas and wine. The food and atmosphere in Taberna Plateros was excellent - our only regret was we didn't discover it sooner.

It's located in Calle San Francisco, a quiet part of the city, away from the crowds of the Mezquita. Prices are low, the tapas and raciones are excellent and there's usually a good crowd here, though mostly locals to judge from when we visited.

As we had already had a few tapas that night, we could only manage one racion of food between us. Picking just one was difficult but we went for berenjenas fritas (fried aubergines). The waiter brought out a huge plate for us which we washed down with glasses of local red wine. The food was excellent and had we had a bit more appetite we'd have tried more of the mouth watering dishes.

Comments