Casitas Classiques Villacana

Carretera de Cadiz, Km 165, Playa de la Cancelada, Costa del Sol, 29680, Spain

Satisfaction Average

More about Estepona

Laguna Village looks better than the high-rises!Laguna Village looks better than the high-rises!

Just reading Gwynne Dyer's 'Climate Wars'Just reading Gwynne Dyer's 'Climate Wars'

Looking back, starting the climb from the coastLooking back, starting the climb from the coast

a PP towna PP town

Getting around

by GillianFraser

My daughter is renting an apartment at La Perla de la Bahia - which I believe is near Estepona.

She is flying to Malaga and getting a taxi (I think) from there. Are there any local buses that pass close to La Perla? Also while she is there she would like to visit a friend in Gibraltar. How could she get there? She is too young to hire a car.

RE: Getting around

by Homer_Simpson32

La Perla de la Bahia is less than 10 minutes walking from La Duquesa, I know that the local bus from Estepona to La Linea (bordering town with Gibraltar) stops at Duquesa but I am unsure of the frequency etc.. as I only used this once and this was some time ago. Estepona i would say is about 10km from La Perla so she will need a taxi. Also remind her that to visit Gibraltar she needs her passport.

Malaga airport is about 100km away so you are looking into an expensive taxi fare, another way to travel from the airport to La Perla de la Bahia is getting on the train from the airport to Fuengirola, then getting on a bus to Estepona, and then getting a taxi to La Perla. It will be cheaper this way, but all depends on the time of arrival of the flight as you would not be able to get a bus from Fuengirola to Estepona late at night.

If you have any more questions just email me or post them here.

Travel Tips for Estepona

More Scenic Views

by Geoff_Wright

Here's a photo of yours truly, on the harbour wall, with the Santa Bermeja Mountains (1450 Metres) behind.

You may just be able to make out the white building just to the right of my head, which if my memory serves me well, is a toilet block - should anyone need to know that, LOL!

Tangiers

by mvtouring

When you do the day trip to Tangier, Marocco, please be prepared for a culture shock. Not one of my favorite destinations, but at the time we all thought it would be a great idea to visit the north of Africa as we come from the South. Pleased I was born in the South though. Here we are waiting to board the ferry to take us across to Marrocco

Flowers' Square - Plaza de las Flores

by spanishguy

It's a square where there are restaurants, ice cream parlours and the House of Culture. In fact it's the real social city centre which is really lively, specialy in summers.

Esta plaza tiene restaurantes, heladerías y la Casa de la Cultura. En realidad este es el centro social de la ciudad, el cual está muy vivo siempre, pero especialmente en verano.

Estepona - unspoilt by the British Costa Invasion

by Helen196

We have an apartment up in Forest Hills (still being built as of Sept 04) so we thought we'd get to know the town so we know all the best spots to recommend to anyone who rents the apartment from us.

I expected a stereotypical Costa Del Sol resort :- "Full English Breakfast Here", "Get your Sunday Dinner Here!", inflatable lilo's and loads of English people, but I was very surprised by Estepona.

It's a charming town that has kept the foreign invasion at bay and retained it's Spanish identity, although we met people from all over the world who were holidaying there.

Wandering through the town you will stumble upon little fountains and statues, well kept gardens, and musty old second hand stores full of hidden treasures.

There are scores of tapas bars where you can get value for money out of your spanish lessons/phrasebook by attempting to speak the lingo (which is always appreciated by the locals even if you are rubbish at it like we were!)

We were only there for 3 days but already I'm trying to plan a return trip where we can take in a little more of this lovely town

Comments