Hotel Mediterraneo

Hotel Mediterraneo
Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

• spanishguy's Profile Photo

Cheap hotel

It's a 1 star hotel but it's very clean and comfortable. It's at first beach row and located in the town centre.

Es un hotel de una estrella, pero es muy limpio y cómodo. Está en primera linea de playa y se encuentra en el centro de la ciudad.

Unique Quality: It as parking, TV, and air conditioned.

Tiene aparcamiento, TV y aire acondicionado.

Directions: Promenade - Paseo marítimo

More about Estepona

Our rental in the Casa Sol y Luna car-parkOur rental in the Casa Sol y Luna car-park

Relaxing in lawnchairs outside our bedroomRelaxing in lawnchairs outside our bedroom

Early morning pool view from our roomEarly morning pool view from our room

Albufeira portAlbufeira port

Estepona weather - late October/early November?

Hi there :-)

I'm planning a return trip to Estepona on 29th October and was wondering what the weather will be like so I can try and pack the appropriate clothing! Will it be warm enough to sunbathe?

I was there at the end of September last year and it was warm enough to sit on the beach during the day, but you needed a light jacket or jumper at night.

Thanks!

Helen

RE: Estepona weather - late October/early November?

Hi Helen,

It is the hardest time of the year to predict the weather here. October is normally a good month and it is common to see people on the beach, November can be good, but you could see some showers.

Last year the first week of November was showery, I know this because my sister was visiting, but coming from the north of England she found it very warm, in the couple of sunny days she had she visited the beach. The year previous we had a wet October, but November was sunny throughout the month.

Really its an unpredictable time of year, but you should find the daytimes warm, but getting chilly in the evenings. As far as rain is concerned I would say there is a chance of getting some, but hopefully not for your full week.

Hope this helps
Stace :o)

by BluBluBlu

I agree with BD...I've had mainly good weather when I've been in Estepona in Oct/Nov time...but with luck it should be mainly warm.

Enjoy!

by Helen196

Thanks guys! Fingers crossed for more sun than showers! Although it really shouldn't matter if it's raining - at least we'll be in beautiful Spain and not at work!

Are you both familiar with Estepona? I've been twice now but only for a few days at a time, so feel as if I haven't really scratched the surface of the town. Can you recommend anywhere for me to visit this time around? Any bars or restaurants you can tell me to try?

Thanks again for your time.

Hi Helen,

I have been living in Marbella for the past two years. I visit Estepona periodically, but dont know it really well. Mostly when I've been working down there. So I cant be of too much help with regards bars and restaurants. If you are visiting Marbella at any time I can certainly help you out.

Stace

by BluBluBlu

I've always visited Estepona as a day trip from Puerto Banus...so like BD know lots of good bars...but not their names!

As side trips...you could consider Gibralta, Cadiz, Puerto Banus, or Marbella.

Enjoy!

by Beach_dog

In addition to Blu's list I would add Ronda, a really scenic city located each side of a very high gorge. For this it would be better to have a car, but it is possible by public transport or organised excursion. There is Selwo safari park just outside of Estepona if you like that sort of thing, certainly worth it if you have kids.

If you have a car and want spectacular beaches, take a drive to Tarifa and the coast just beyond it. It will take you just over an hour to get there. I recommend Bolonia and Punta Paloma beaches. Bolonia being the best, miles of clean sand that never gets busy, sand dunes and extensive ruins of a Roman city. Its about 10 kms past Tarifa on the coast road.

Excellent! Thanks again!

BD - you're Ibiza pages have inspired me to update my Ibiza page a little more. I can't believe it's been 2 years since I was last there. I'll have to do something about that next year!

by BluBluBlu

Dang! Was trying to think of Rhonda...but would the name come into my head! LOL!

Travel Tips for Estepona

Beautiful, isn't She?

by Geoff_Wright

Here is a picture of Mary posing by our newly acquired motor yacht. We wish!!! Haha. There are millions of pounds of boats here, but the mooring fees are very reasonable, when compared to those in the UK. There are as many UK registerd boats here as there are Spanish!

Rayuela's (Argentinian Restaurant)

by Helen196 about Rayuela's

This is a tiny, cosy restaurant tucked away just off Calle Real and Av'da San Lorenzo. The menu is extensive with plenty to chose from. Steaks, chicken, ham, fish, pasta and a small but varied wine list.

The waiter who was working when we visited was really friendly and helped my with my pronounciation of the menu (which he told me was more French than Spanish :lol:). Argentinian Pasties - very tasty!!

Just be warned the main courses are HUGE servings so it might be an idea to share a starter if you have a smaller appetite!

Royal Street - Calle Real

by spanishguy

No doubt, it's the main shopping area in town: clothes, shoes, gifts, decoration... In addition you can find here more restaurants, bars and discos.

Sin duda es la principal zona comercial de la ciudad: ropa, zapatos, regalos, decoración... Además puedes encontrar más restaurantes, bares y discotecas.

Estepona

by mvtouring

"Estepona"

We arrived in Spain at Malaga airport full of excitement for the week that we were to spend here in Andalusia. Always been one of my favorite destinations, but never before have I stayed here in Estepona. We had accommodation for the first night but the place was so noisy none of us could sleep so we moved to private accommodation in the centre of town which was absolutely fantastic. The owner could speak little English, his wife none, but we managed to communicate using our hands and dictionery.

Estepona is a great location to see the rest of Andalucia, we rented a car and visited Gibraltar (45 mins), Morrocco (which I hated see my Tangier page), Granada (2 1/2 hours), Ronda (50 mins) not to be missed, Malaga (45 mins) and many others.

Estepona also offers great eating places especially where the locals eat, we had lots of fun trying to find out what to order as they only spoke Spanish in the restaurant and the menu and other guests were all Spanish. They are such lovely people the Spaniards, they would offer us whatever they were eating so that we could taste and then decide if we wanted to order the same or not.

Estepona has been occupied by the Phoenicians, the Romans and the Moors (Arabs). It was the Moors who occupied Estepona and Andalucia the longest. There are very few vestiges of those times left, just fortifications, walls and watch towers. In 1456 Estepona was reclaimed by Spain from the moors and from this moment on the history of the town has been fully recorded.

"We'll be back"

It was a sad day when we had to say goodbye to Pedro and his family and we were all wondering how we were going to manage to get all our luggage back into our little car. We will all be back for sure to this lovely seaside resort with its mild climate and most wonderfull people

Comments