De La Encarnacion 2, Fuengirola, Costa del Sol, 29640, Spain

Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Fuengirola Beach Apartments Review

I would like to stick up for this hotel. I went here in MAy and I really enjoyed my stay. There was two of us in the apartment and I felt it was very roomy. Air conditioning was lovely, balcony was big enough for our needs. We spent most of our time by the pool (which was plenty big), sun longers available every day even if you came down late in the afternoon. Staff were very nice. We were self catering and we bought most of our food in the huge shopping centre across the road. Very handy indeed. We walked to town most evenings as the entertainment was very poor but we hade planned to do that anyway regardless of how good or bad it was. The city of Fuengirola is beautiful, lovely cobbled streets and churchs, was heavenly. It was so good I am going back here again this year in september. Hopefully I will enjoy it as much agian. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Fuengirola Beach Aparthotel

More about Fuengirola Beach

Hotel in Fuengirola, Malaga

by Carmela71 about Fuengirola Beach Aparthotel 3 keys

Normally it is a exclusive hotel for First Choice at UK, but when they have free apartments they offer them at www.rumbo.es at some ridiculous price of 24 euros per night an apartment for 4 people! and it is a new building By the way the real price of the room was 100 euros and thanks to the web site they only paid 24 euros per night

by mikeayers

Fuengirola is a very touristy and very English town to the east of Marbella. The beaches are *much* better than those in Malaga, and especially Marbella.

Great hotel don't be put off!

by TripAdvisor Member traveltraveltravelUk

I have just returned from the fuengirola beach hotel with my husband and baby and have had a great holiday! The rooms are spacious and very clean and all have a large balcony. Fuengirola centre is a pleasant 15 min walk away but the hotel is literally on the edge of the city so you can reach the sea front and bars/restaurants within five minutes, meaning that you can also reach the beach within this time!

The dodgy underpass that some people have mentioned is more of a 30 second walk under a road rather than the dark and dingy tunnel style underpass that I had envisaged after reading other reviews and I felt perfectly safe at all times!

There was some noise from the pool and bar so in the height of summer this may be an issue and we didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on the food although the cooking facilities were good for a self catering room, fridge, 2 rings, microwave, toaster, kettle and there is a very large (and cheap) supermarket over the road!

All in all we had a great time and would definately return especially at the bargain price that holidays here go for!

Our transfer time was around 30 min with one stop.

Lovely hotel. pity about the weather!

by TripAdvisor Member CornwallScott

Having booked on line via First Choice, I visited Fuengirola Beach Hotel for a week starting on Easter Sunday 8th April, 2007, with my two youngest daughters and their 4 children with ages ranging from 7 to 13. In reading these comments do bear in mind that it was a week when the UK was bathed in hot sunshine and almost the whole of Spain was covered in thick cloud! We had just 2 days of almost unbroken sun, including the day of our return!

Because we arrived on Easter Sunday there were problems at Malaga Airport, with 5 flights trying to land at the same time. All but one of our bags came through quite quickly, the last came through much later. On arrival at the hotel we were dismayed to see the check in queue starting outside the entrance doors, another coach having arrived just before us! There was a wait, but we were all dealt with very efficiently, despite the need to photocopy all the passports. The accommodation was exactly as booked on line with my special request, confirmed by E-mail direct with Carmen Aquilar, reception Manager who was most helpful. At 80 years of age and suffering from arthritis I wanted my room to be reasonably close to the lift. Excellent accommodation kept spotlessly clean.

The hotel is clearly centered around children, just to say it is ‘child friendly’, is an understatement. The First Choice reps work tirelessly to keep them entertained, to which end they seem to work very long hours. There was a slight improvement in the food for our last few days, but it was repetitive and uninspiring. The big saving grace was the friendliness of all the staff, who always had a smile and nothing was ever a problem. The only recurring complaint was how very cold the pool was. Be sure and take wetsuits!

Excellent Clean Hotel,, Grat for Families

by TripAdvisor Member Live_t0_travel

We have just returned from a one week stay in the Fuengirola Beach Hotel. The party comprised of 2 adults 1 OAP a 4 year old and 5 month old baby. The only thing which let it down was the weather as the sun did not appear until almost the last day and we did have rain too.
Large spacious reception area with very welcoming staff. Beautiful pool area with childrens play area all which looked new. If you do get sun there are plenty of sun loungers with built in rafia parasols.
The restaurant wasn't particularly big, for the size of the hotel, however a lot of people do tend to do self catering here. We found the food more than acceptable, with a variety of hot and cold buffet every day for both breakfast and dinner and plentiful.
The rooms were great especailly if you have children. A hallway with a sofa bed, lounge which comprised of 2 sofa beds, small dining table with 4 chairs, a coffee table, small unit with portable TV and a small kitchen area, which was immaculate. A microwave, kettle, lots of utensils and crockery.
The bedroom had 2 single beds and a built in wardrobe. Patio doors in both the bedroom and lounge which led onto a double sized balcony with a table and 4 chairs. The view we had was of the castle and a side sea view, although the road ran below us it never kept us awake and we were on the first floor.
Every night there was evening entertainment which started at 8.30pm with a childrens mini disco for half an hour followed by cash bingo then a quick quiz. At 10.00pm a show by either the inhouse entertainment staff (First choice Holidays) or a professional show followed by a disco at 11.00pm. So a bit of something for everyone if you didn;t wish to venture out.
The location to the centre was a 15 minute stroll, although just a couple of minutes away was the promanade which was the start of bars, shops and restaurants. This could be reached vai the underpass and over a bridge. Right next door to the hotel was the Miramare shopping Mall with Hypermarket, designer shops as well as many others. (including C & A)
After reading reviews on this hotel I was expecting it to be on the cheap and nasty side with a touch of Pontins, however I was pleansantly surprised overall especially the cleanliness.

A good time

by TripAdvisor Member ukdawn

I had read a lot of reviews around the half board at this hotel and to be honest it worried me. I and my son 12 have just come back from a week in Fuengirola Beach and the food was good in fact the staff were kept busy filling it up as all the residents kept going back including myself and my boy.
The room was clean and tidy it was very big for the two of us but that was also good if you needed some space from one another, we had four out of seven days of sun shine.
You could not swim in the swimming pool as it was freezing even after being in the sun all day it needed heating there is a strong cold breeze that comes up from the sea so it makes it impossible to get a tan without freezing to death.
I my self brought some DVDs and some CDs and they were of good quality we had taken a portable DVD player with us so brought one to check it out first, i also knocked down the price of two pairs of desiner glasses and it worked out to £10 for both you don't have to pay the asking price.
Happy hour was a bit strange untill you got used to it, for myself i found the amount of alcohol consumed by people scary, i was disapointed with the vairiety of soft drinks but then i just poped over the shop (like a big ASDA) brought some Red Bull and drank that.
I would go back as i enjoyed the food and the room we went 09/03/07 back 16/03/07, and it was very warm.

Weather could have been better

by TripAdvisor Member Herbbooth

This holiday did not start (arrived Sunday 1st April 2007 for 7 nights) as we intended because on our first night there was thunder & lightening & it rained most of the day after. After this it dried up with the occasional rain but the sun only came out on Friday & Saturday. Was very windy most of the time. Mind you we cannot blame the hotel (apartments) for the weather & the rooms were very spacious complete with 2 electric rings, electric kettle, toaster & microwave plus lots of pots & pans. We had a corner apartment (in fact we had 3 apartments for our family party of 6) on the 1st, 3rd & 4th floors overlooking the castle & the new footbridge. There is a huge Myamax shopping centre next door which includes a supermarket the size of any ASDA or Tesco (1 euro coin needed for trolley but there are plenty of wheelie shopping baskets which do not need a coin). This Myimax centre includes loads of shops & eating places & a multi screen cinema but are all in Spanish (I think). We ate out every night, with one night in the Fuengirola Beach restaurant on Thursday carvery night which at 10 Euros each for as much as you could eat was very good. Other nights we took the local bus into Fuengirola (90 cents each) & then walked back. Plenty of eating places. One point, don't use the room phones for making calls with a phone card (First Choice) because the phones are programmed not to get thru which we tried 4 times only to find, on checking out, that each try was charged at 1 Euro plus VAT. While there we had a bit of a medical emergency with one of my adult daughters at 2.30 am but the English speaking reception handled it very well spelling out our options & costs of getting a doctor, ambulance or taxi to a local clinic. We chose the taxi to the local clinic & all we paid was for the 7 Euros fare each way for the taxi. The clinic costs were covered by the new European Health Insurance Card.

Fuengirola-Costa Del Sol

by angelab_nyc

"Enjoying time on the beach"

Fuengirola beach near the marina. A bit of a tourist trap...but if you want sun, you will find it. Only a 20 minute ride from the Malaga airport

"Torreblanca Playa"

a more subdued beach..quiet and great for families

Fuengirola beachFuengirola beach