Myramar Castle Beach

Costs 40% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Myramar Castle Beach

great apartments poor location

by TripAdvisor Member Marcd

The Myramar Castle Beach is above average 3 star self catering, we found the facilities on offer excellent, the outside pool is huge , with lots of sun lounges, there is also an indoor heated pool with a fantastic jacuzzi. The staff were always proffessional and very helpfull.
Our room was always spotless, modern and had everything we needed for our stay.
The location is the only downside, its a 35 min walk into town and to the beach, the best restaurants are in the centre of town and i would suggest you get reception to call you a taxi which are inexpensive.
The miramar shopping complex is vast, with lots of shops and a huge supermarket where you can get anyting you want, and its just 5 mins walk from the apartments, there is also a good range of restaurants on the top floor if you dont want to go into town.
The footbridge is dangerous and no one should cross it, you will be safe providing you turn left out of reception across miramar shopping centre then across the main road bridge, the small path only bridge is frequented by kids who will steal anything from tourists, listen to the reps advice and you will be fine!
This is great self catering, just a shame its so far from town.
Would i go back? yes!

Beaches

by diageva

Fuengirola have many kilometers of beaches ... at summer they are crowded ... and the water then is used to be not very clean ... there are so many people ...

From April to June, and from September to nealy November the beaches are with little people and the water is clean.

The water is nearly all the year cold :) for me it is :)))

In all Spain you can do topless, and nealy everybody do it nowadays ... locals and tourist do topless

At night in summer you will find something very special ... families cooking their diner at fire at fish boats at the end of the promonade ... at the castle beach ... music, food, families, fire ... the see the sand the castle... wonderful!!!

Great Hotel for the money

by TripAdvisor Member Crevit

I read this website with dismay whilst I was looking for a map of the hotel and was dreading going to the Castle Beach therefore I was pleasantly surprised when I got there. The hotel was excellent value for money. It was clean and the room very comfortable. Swimming pools and life guards very good. Evening entertainment for the kids great with a little thrown in for the adults afterwards. All very pleasant. The breakfast was ok but if that's your only complaint then HEY.

Hell Hole

by TripAdvisor Member ocg

Myrmar Castle Beach Fungerolia Costa Del Sol
Trip advisor member Co Kildare Ireland.

We spent 1 week (and it was more than enough) at the Myrmar Castle beach aparthotel in Fungerolia from 27th of May - 3rd of June. There were 5 people in our party 2 in 40 age group a 10 year old and grandparents. We had requested a pool view, the view we had over looked waste land and fields with gipsies horses. The two bed roomed apartment was ok. The food served in the resturaunt was pricey, cold, greasy and not really edibile.
The food served in the snack bar by the pool was not much better and a complete rip off.
A large coke cost 3 Euro. In the brochure they state a large shopping centre is directly across the road but they forget to tell you unless you can climb a 10 foot fence it is a 5 minute walk and a very dangerous walk. I have been abroad every year for many years and this is the only place I have felt totally unsafe. One lovely lady & her little boy on her 1st day there was mugged just up from the Myrmar going to the shopping centre, she was assulted and everything she had taken. Her bag was literally ripped from her neck. I had asked the holiday rep at the welcome meeting is this area safe & she told me absolutely so. 10 mins later we hear of muggings (there were 3 I heard of in 1 week). It is very unfair that tourists are not told of the dangers as this is a common occurance. We had to get busses or taxis every time we wanted to go out & at night you have to put up with crap entertainment as there is nothing near by, you will also be charged different prices every time you get a round. So take my advice if you have money to spend on a holiday do not attempt to go near this area it is the worst holiday I have ever been on, a total waste of money. Beware of the train that takes you round the resort as he will stop the train when he feels like it to go for his lunch and you will have to make your own way back to your hotel unless you are prepared to wait 2 hours (that is how long his lunch break is). Another rip off. I would not go to Costa del Sol again even if I was offered a free holiday.
A total disgrace, No good travel agent should recommend it. If you do go please be on your guard day and night. If you have more tahn 4 people you will need to hire 2 taxis as no taxi there can take more than 4 people.

Perfect Family Holiday - ignore 1 star ratings IMO!!!

by TripAdvisor Member PaulGreenough

Firstly . . . we have just come back from Castle Beach and everything is still fresh in our minds so this is an accurate opinion. ("IMO" - In My Opinion)

Like MANY MANY others before me, I read up on many a review, website, descriptions on our destination PRIOR to booking. If I was honest, I was hesitant with parting with my cash after reading some of the reviews about sightings / muggings by "Gypsies" or should I say "travellers"? and long distances to beaches / shops.

However I percivered and continued to research (as I would advise anyone!) After weighing up the pros / cons we opted to take the plunge - GLAD WE DID !!!!

OK - let's deal with those who have advised against this accomodation and their reasons - again this is "IMO"

1. "Gypsies" During our two weeks stay (as I said just come back) we never heard of any problems or encounters. Yes there are some wasteland facing the entrance and surrounding areas of the complex, where you will see 2 / 3 horses tied up, occassionally grazing. There is also a man built looking shack, which is possibly where they abide. However this is not impossing enough to be easily seen - YOU have to look (Anyone who are familiar with UK "travellers" will be aware thay you cannot miss them, when / where they have camped. Previous reviews state that the problems of muggings / encounters take place on the 1st bridge from the complex - top tip if concerned - avoid it, another one is 100 yards up the road. I crossed it a few times never saw anyone, however at night time went accross the "flag bridge" (named because of the shopping centre flags - which I will get into in a mo)

2. "Supermarket 15mins away" IMO - RUBBISH! You can see it from the complex, and it's not as if you can only just see it. If you do enough reviewing, you will read from reviews from 2/3 years ago, the shopping centre was just being built and some people were put off of by this (their suffering is our pleasure). The Shopping Centre is MAX 5 mins, and you do not have to climb a 10 foot wall!, if you did, you would be 100 yards away from the main door. The Shopping centre has everything you will need for a Self Catering Holiday. The Supermarket is like an Asda / Tesco back home, selling everything from Plasma TVs to Cottonwool. Buy your water from here and buy it in abundance! 1 bottle of 1.5litres is 15cents (0.15 Euro or 10p!!!!!!!). The rest of the centre has local gift shops, even a Dorothy Perkins, Timberland, Etam a great Designer Sunglasses shop (buy on arrival for a great deal Original Ray Bans from as little as £30), not to mention Burget King, O'Briens and other typical shopping centre restaraunts.

3. "Walking into town is too far" - I agree, if you are used to walking out of your room and immediately stepping into the Mediteranian, then yes, it is far. We had a 3 year old and 8 year old with us and would not dream of walking, again IMO 20 mins to the beach, however a bus DIRECTLY outside the hotel will take you in to the centre, which is then 5 mins from the beach all fro less than a 1 Euro

4. "Poor , Cold, Greasy Expensive Food". Were we eating from the same place ??? Never had the breakfast so cannot compare, however, for a BUFFET type setting it was excellent. Some nights were "themed" (Spanish / USA), but the majority of the buffet conssisted of FRESH salads, hot / cold meats, cheeses, hot / cold vegetables,, of which you could easily either sample all of or make a particular "meal" ie Vegetarian, Salad, Pasta, Meat Dishes, Fish dishes, ot have someithing cooked from the hot grill outside. As for the Cost, Again IMO, I do not think 12Euros per Adult and 6Eros per Child is TOO expensive (Total of 36 Euro which ALSO included a FREE bottle of wine = £24). This is for as many courses as you want - forgot to mention, there is also a variety of deserts (not just jelly and ice cream!)

5. "Poor Entertainment" - Again YOU get out, what YOU put in. The Resort Entertainers are made from a variety of the resident Hotel Entertainers and Tour Operator Reps, who work seamlessly together to bring a great mix for all. These guys work a lot of hours both day and night to not only entertain / keep the kids ammussed (some sessions are free some are paid for - 10 Euro for 3 hours peace . . . how can you refuse?), but also inject some adult humour into some of their routines. The make up of the shows are towards the kids to get them to drag their embarrised parents up to dance to such classics as Cartoon Heros and Mimic Man - those who have been there wil alreadh be tapping their feet !
"Poor Sound System" - Agreed, there was occassional problems where either sound was lost, or pitched, but this is not a broadway show ! and adds to the feel of a live show, with people who are comitted to making an effort and not shy / embarrised to making a go o something new - this can be seen some days where they are all rehersing a new routine. (My thanks to Mark, Andy, Ali, Liam, Christinna, Martin and the rest of the team who made our and many other famalies (and dare I say couples / singles) laugh, dance and "SWEAT" after "putting our fingers in the air shouting DJ " ? " press PLAY!!!))

6. "Expenssive" Any county that has converted to Euros is now on a level playing field and is pretty much the same as us!! Bargains in the hotel have be had at 5-6pm from the pool bar where happy hour / 2for1 is applied. Top Tip, buy then, take bottles to room fridge and bring back down - if you are cash concsious - also the Old Pub (again in the hotel) operates the same deal betwen 11-midnight. If you enjoy spirits - go here . . .no measures are used.

7. "Unhelpfull Staff" This is the ONLY real point I agree with. I some of the waiters / receptionist to be a little "sour" , which I left feeedback on before departing. We ordered a few taxis to soem of the Parks and were quoted 1 price by the hotel, but almost double by the taxi, so be warned - consider your options 20mins in a taxi for 25/30Euros or 40mins on a bus for 7Euros for a family of 4 - You Decide.

OVERALL
The resort if 25mins away from the Airport, which is great. It Is Clean, Spacious, The Self Cartering facilities are better than most - (Hob, Fridge, Kettle, Toaster, Microwave) Bedroom is of a decent size with a large wardrobe to store the suitecases out of site and tidily keep a family of 4 clothes. Has a safe which is 30Euros for the fortnight, Air Con is free and is brill, Bathroom again is spacious and has a shower cubicle and over the back shower. The balcony is accessed both from the livingroom AND bedroom. I agree that a poolside view is best however may be annoying for those who like LONG lies (past 11am) as the entertainment will begin, so the unsighlty wasteland views may have an advantage . . . )

This is without a shadow of a doubt, a great resort for a family with kids as young as 18months to teenagers. We throroughly enjoyed ourselves that we are already trying to find who is taking bookings for this Great Complex.

VERY EASY TO RECOMMEND !

Long awaited Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member KK2000

We had not holidayed for 3 years due to the age of our children, now 3 and 5 years old and wanted an accomodation with both the option of staying put on site and having plenty to do yet being able to wander off site for more to do. The Myramar had all this and more. There was oganised activties in the day for all ages and a great entertainment programme in the evening. There was a creche, mini club and amuzments provided if you wanted a break from the kids and they were fully entertained, any age group. The pool was warm and a great shape, like a beach with a shallow end and fuller area.
The apartments were lovely, although the air-condition could have been better, but then it was July and very hot.
I would highly recommended this complex to any family wanting a little more than just a room and a pool.
We will be going back next year!!

Great Place for a Holiday!

by TripAdvisor Member Cartoon_Heroes

We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Myramar and it was fab! Having read the reviews after we booked, I was horrified.
At the welcome meeting we were told not to use the small bridge but to use the one only 100 yards along the road which was totally safe. We did this and did not see any gypsies or hear of any incidents while we were there.
The shopping centre is just across the road from the apartments only a few minutes walk and day or night was no problem to get to. It had everything you needed including a supermarket,sports shops,food court and much, much more.
We had a 1 bedroom apartment with pool view which was spotless with great air conditioning! We have 2 girls aged 9 and 12 and they loved it. Plenty of activities going on all day such as water polo,crazy golf and scavenger hunts and also the kids club if they needed a break from the sun.The kids disco every night and nightly entertainment was enjoyed by us all and Liam, Sara, Jodie, Ally, Martin, Mark and Christina all did a great job as entertainers. We can't get the cartoon heroes tune out of our heads!
We were half board and never ate out at all as the food was excellent with plenty of choice. Our 9 year old especially enjoyed the chocolate doughrings for breakfast!
The beach was about a 15 minute walk away but you could get a bus outside the hotel for 90 cents each or a taxi for about 6 euros.
We would definately go back to this hotel and would recommend it for families with children of any age. If your going have a great time!!

Cancel Your Booking Now

I'm sorry to say it but if you're booked here this Summer, try to get out of it now! We got home this weekend and this review is honest. I always look for ten things about Holiday Accommodaton so here's a breakdown: Bedrooms were clean and spacious. Pool was ideal for kids. (That's the good stuff out of the way). Reception staff spoke English but were unfriendly and unapproachable. Restaurant food was greasy with no variety (one of my party was sick for two days). Facilities kept breaking down (vending machines, pool tables etc). There's no supermarket on-site (the nearest shopping centre is about 15 minutes walk away but closes around 9pm and doesn't open until 10am). No-one in the hotel can help if you're stuck for anything, not even milk for a toddler! Entertainment is the worst I've ever seen, the sound system is awful and seating is badly arranged. Reps love taking your money for competitions such as spot the ball etc but you never find out who's won and any prizes are drink vouchers as opposed to cash (something's going on there!). As for location, it's in the middle of nowhere!! The beach is 30mins walk away and the restaurants (that you badly need) are 40mins walk. We spent Euro300 on buses/taxis during our two-week stay. Lastly, the tenth thing I rate accommodation on is whether or not I'd recommend it. The answer my friends is NO. I wouldn't stay here again if it was for free.

great hotel

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We have a young family and wanted somewhere we could stay without hastle, this hotel fit the bill. There are plenty of facilities including a great kids pool, sports, entertainment and kids clubs. The rooms are sizable and clean. The food was ok, plenty of choice. Obviously one cannot expect 5 star cuisine in a 3 star hotel. If you like to be entertained in the evenings this hotel is the right choice. My baby loved the kids disco. The only thing I can fault with the place is that it is a good walk away from the beach and centre but it does state that in the brochures so we didn't mind the walk. The kids loved it and we would consider going back again in future.

Quite enjoyed it!

by TripAdvisor Member lesley1974

We stayed from 28th May to 8th June. We actually quite liked the apartments despite the distance from town. It was a fairly flat road into town though, so no uphill walk back or anything like in many other resorts.

Firstly I'd like to say I never saw any muggings, nor heard of any while there. We had been aware from reading reviews to be careful and we were cautious. We checked there was no-one hanging around before crossing the pedestrian bridges. And when it was dark, or unless we were going to Dunnes, we only used the road bridge with the flags.

Parque Miramar (the shopping centre) is immediately beside the hotel. The hotel sort of faces backwards though, so you have to walk around the hotel to get to it, since there are no other gates that were generally open. There are restaurants and a Cerveceria. Parque Miramar has a website listing stores etc. It has a cinema also with some films in English. The shopping centre is shoe heaven! Also big Eroski hypermarket for everything you need. Dunnes also has british food (like cheese etc - suitable for vegetarians and well labelled...we are vegetarian and sometimes struggle to get cheese abroad).

Onto the apartments - they were spacious, modern, clean etc. We were in room 2101 I think...can't remember. It was in the same building as the Castle Pub and the restaurant, on the first floor, next door to being above the pub, and facing out onto the road rather than the pool. We emailed the hotel to request a sunny balcony in the afternoon. This was ideal from 2pm onwards, and for a pre dinner drink on the balcony. We only had noise from the pub one night. I had to repeatedly call reception and ask them to check what was going on. It seems the people in the pub had migrated onto the stairwell of our apartments. There were toilets at the bottom of here, and I think they may be the closest to the pub. Other 10 nights we never heard anything though. Separate bath and shower, towel change daily. Kitchen ok. Microwave ok, toaster not good (toast jammed constantly). Bed comfortable (firm), sofas in living room good (can be used as beds). TV small and only one channel in English I think. Not even German MTV like you usually get in Spain!

Pub had happy hour 11pm-12pm, so suitable for after the evening entertainment. Vodka and lemonade 5 euros (2/1 at happy hour). Baileys 4euros, beer 3.50 euros. Not really cheap compared to competitive prices in bars in town. They have bingo some nights and what's in the box. You can buy tickets to win prizes. Also sometimes quiz. Prizes tend to be poor. We won 2 drinks vouchers at bingo (good chance of winning if you play 6 tickets, as many people sitting playing one or kids playing and not calling!). And at the quiz one night we won a voucher for a meal in the restauarant which wasn't great.

Only downside is the distance from town, although it didn't bother us too much. I didn't much like the look of any particular hotels in town anyway. Taxis back at night were 7 euros though. Although one night I asked the price in Spanish and it was only 6.50! Bus is 90 cents, and fairly quick. Takes odd route probably due to roadworks in town. Shopping is really good in town too. Fuengirola is a good base to see the area. We went to Gibraltar for 10 euros we booked with Maxy Travel in town on the front. We also took the train up to Malaga which was nice. More good shopping. Gibraltar very cheap for drink and cigarettes. (£4.20 litre smirnoff and £8.50 200 b&h).

I'd probably go back in a few years.

How far is Myramar Castle Beach hotel from Fuengirola train station

by lindsay31

How far is it to walk to Myramar Castle Beach hotel from Fuengirola train station?

Also Im staying at the Myramar Castle Beach hotel in september on a self catering basis and was wondering what facilities the kitchen has and do they provide crockery and cutlery?

Re: How far is Myramar Castle Beach hotel from Fuengirola train station

by cassiovieggore

The Renfe Train Station is established at Plaza de la Constitucion, 2,4Km far away from Myramar Castle Beach Hotel.

Cassiovieggore

How much is a taxi from Fuengirola train station to Myrmar Castle Beach Hotel

by lindsay31

Are there taxis available from Fuengirola train station and how much would it cost to the Myrmar Castle Beach Hotel?

Re: How much is a taxi from Fuengirola train station to Myrmar Castle Beach Hotel

by Carmela71

I am not sure about prices in Fuengirola, but compares with the prices of Marbella, inside city is always 5/6 euros and to Puerto Banus around 10/12. so I would expect you to pay around 7/9 euros, as it is just outside the city.

Hope this helps