2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

More about Ronda 4

Ronda: one of the oldest Towns in Spain

by deecat

Photographs:
1. The bridge that divides Ronda [the ancient part from the newer portion].
2. Oldes Bull Ring in Spain [Ronda, Spain].
3. Street Performer in Ronda.
4. Entrance ticket to Ronda's Bull Fighting Ring and Bull Fighting Museum.

Being one of the oldest towns in Spain,Ronda's origins are in the prehistoric period.

Near Ronda is the Cave of the Pileta, a true relic of Andalusian rural art.

The most visible cultural heritage of Ronda and its surrounding area is Arabic. When Ronda was under Muslim rule, it became important as the capital of one of the five Kovas of AL--Andalus. This influenced Ronda's architecture, food, and traditions.

But it was after the conquest by Catholic Kings that Ronda's most important monuments were built: the New Bridge and the Bull Ring (the oldest in Spain)

We had a hotel that overlooked the gorge that divides the old and new Ronda. We visited the bull ring and the bull ring museum, which was very enlightening.

Ernest Hemingway and Orsen Wells were both here to see bullfights in their lifetime.

In the evening we joined the nightly stroll. The new (not new in American terms) part has extra wide streets, unique shops, and quaint little restarurants. We also saw the Paradore (see culture tips). The views behind the Paradore were marvelous.

The yachts at the Marina.The yachts at the Marina.

Sohai; CastleSohai; Castle

The view towards FuengirolaThe view towards Fuengirola

Bienvenidos a Fuengirola!Bienvenidos a Fuengirola!

help needed

by chrisdevon1

please can you help me i am coming fuengirola with son & 2 grandchildren to ronda 4 area, and as i have never stayed up that end before i was hoping you could help me, with info on nearest large supermarket,also with nice bars/cafes/restaurants. any advice will be much appreciated.does anyone know what our nearest train stop would be please.

regards
chris

by ArturoC

Do you mean the Ronda 4 Apartment Hotel. It is about a 10 minute walk along the Paseo Maritimo from the Los Boliches train station (Towards Malaga). There is a Corte Ingles with a supermarket across from the train station. The Los Boliches Market is also near the train station.

On the same street as the train station going towards Fuengirola, there is a very nice, perhaps expensive, restaurant "Los Enebros". In between the Los Boliches church and the Paseo is a very nice restaurant "El Rio".

Closer to Ronda 4 on the Paseo is the restaurant "La Carihuela Chica". There are many chiringuitos or beach restaurants along the Paseo.

Enjoy your stay....

by amep75

there are super markets all signposted everywhere here and 214 restauraunts you wont have a problem

by amep75

Please help with itinerary

by lantana17

I am flying into Madrid end of April and will fly into Granada or Seville. Our plan is to go to Grenada(2 nights), Ronda(1 night), and Seville(3 nights). Not sure our mode of transport yet, possibly trains or taxis. I am travelling with parents and they are not too keen on crowded buses or trains.

1) Do you recommend one direction to travel in over another?
2) Is there a train ride that is very scenic to one of those destinations that shouldn't be missed?
3) Is it possible to get a taxi out of Ronda?
4) Should we cut out Granada completely and just do Ronda as a day trip and stay in Seville to make it easier? I feel that I would miss out on seeing more of the scenery though in Andalucia.

Thank you so much.

by Wowmoment

I don't have info on much of your plan but I will say that we went to Granada for a three night stay last November and LOVED it I would definitely not miss it.

In fact we liked it so much that we are returning in May to stay near Ronda for a week and from there want to see Seville & Cordoba as well.

This should show you a couple of pics to see if you might like it as much as me.

by qaminari

If you must skip one of these 3 destinations, make it Ronda, not Granada: you would be missing one of the major sights of the world if you miss the Alhambra, and it is also in a very scenic setting.
As for 3), a taxi out of Ronda to where? I visited Ronda by bus from Marbella, there are also buses to Seville and trains to Granada (for trains to Seville you would have to get to the Bobadilla station). There is a taxi rank in Plaza de Carmen Abela, Ronda, or phone 952 872 316.

by alucas

I agree with Gaminari - if you have to skip anywhere make it Ronda. But some of the "White Villages" are worth passing through at least, and the country north of Ronda is quite attractive to drive through.

I have driven to all these places. Other than the centre of Seville, driving is quite easy if you have a decent map, and the roads are pretty good - every time we go back there is a new road open which cuts the journey time some more !

Having said that, I would do the trip by train in your situation - just pick your train and make sure you have reserved seats.

Travel Tips for Fuengirola

Scuba diving in Mediterranean Sea

by Elibra

I don't have a divers licence, but when I visited Australia I had three test dives and it sure gave me the taste for more! So when I had the opportunity to try it again, I just couldn't resist it.

When you go under water it is like a whole other world. It is so peaceful and quiet... Full og colors and funny creatures. Unfortunately we couldn't go to the best dive sites (because we didn't had a licence), but still it was great!

At first we had a theorycourse. It was little about the equipment and how to use it right, what to do and what NOT to do under water, signals and general info. After that we got our equipment (the rent was included in the price) and head of to the water! We had some activitys just for training and when everybody was ready we went for our "real" dive.

The dive itself was great! We where under for about 35 minute and the max depth was about 8 meters. Actually I was a bit disappointed, but that is only because I compare it to the best divesite in the world, Great Barrier Reef! On our time under water we saw a lot of fish, seacucumber and we got to pet a octopus! That was really special!

Well, for anyone who hasn't dived yet - Go do it when your first chance come along! I bet my fingers on that you will love it (don't take that literaly :) Just bring something you can bath in and feels comfortable when you swim. The rest of the equipment (flippers, wetsuit, shoes and everything else you will be needing) you will get there (it is in the price).

Tired of Fish- Tip for Carnivores

by angelab_nyc about Estilo Campo

Parrilla De Lena- Argentino Restaurante.....on a street loaded w side walk cafes, this was a delight- as I was craving something besides fish. Great price- good wines- no complaints..I would go back again. Nice staff. had steak of course- tipico Argentino

Play Bridge in yet another club

by stewmcrat

The Manila Restaurant right on the seafront in Fuengirola meets Monday, Thursday and Friday at 2pm on the upper floor of the Cafe.

The frontage of the Manila is Yellow with a covered area in front of the building.

Located about 100 m north of the Yaramar Hotel (towards Torreblanca) its literally on the front, despite what the directions in the tourist office might tell you.

Usually 5 - 7 tables mostly ex pats.

The market site is located on the Fairground.

by Waalewiener

The market site is really called '' the Fairground '' it is such a large and beautiful site that Iam sure it has many different events held here.What I do know is that Tuesday Market is held here for all sorts of goods for sale like in any market.
But on Saterdays the market is a ''Flea Market , or used goods market .
Vendors come to this market from almost all countries in Europe to sell their stuff and you count on all different variety of goods for sale .
There is one more market in Fuengirola Marina area ,held only on sundays.

Comments