Apartamentos Resorts Alhacaba

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Granada

Landing into GranadaLanding into Granada

End of Gran Via view towards statue Queen IsabelaEnd of Gran Via view towards statue Queen Isabela

Route follows service road after San PedroRoute follows service road after San Pedro

Closer view on the sunny afternoon of our 2nd dayCloser view on the sunny afternoon of our 2nd day

Is the train ride scenic from Granada to Seville?

by lantana17

Is the train ride scenic from Granada to Seville? I was going to try and make it to Ronda to see the mountains and wild flowers, but I dont think it will work out so I'm wondering what the scenery is like on this route. I will be arriving April 21st.
Thanks for all the help!

by blint

IT IS VERY VERY VERY VERY SCENIC. Really I love that train ride it is soooooo beautiful especially in the afternoon sun.

It is funny you ask that question I never expected to be able to tell someone my thoughts about it on this forum, but you asked so know that it is amazingly beautiful. I have done the journey several times and have never got bored of the view!!! Rolling hills and olive groves....

by lantana17

Thank you for your response. It makes me feel better and excited about my plans to hear that its so nice.

by blint

glad i could be of help :)

by puerto_lover

The train ride is nicer than the bus ride in my opinion. Much more civilised.

by KatrinaEdbrooke

I agree, I took my parents to Sevilla and back on that train and we all loved it. Usually I take the bus as its cheaper but the train is by far the best option to see the countryside and far more comfortable for the old folk. Absolutely recommeded.

by blint

Actually the bus is only about 3 euros cheaper so the train is a splendid option as it has bigger windows to enjoy the view!

by maestrousmc

I planned to take the train from Granada to Seville also. I think Blint's enthusiastic response sealed the deal. Thanks!

Travel Tips for Granada

I suppose, even though i never...

by scorsese

I suppose, even though i never did, you must visit Al Alhambra, as it really represents the city. You must also discover the contrasts of the old and new parts of the city. Also try and find time to travel up into the Sierra Nevadas, though it is a very difficult journey by car. What I miss most has to be sitting with many of the university student(alot of whome are also foreign to spain) during sunset when the city's true colours come out. I also wish the streets of london were as creative and adventurous as Granada's old town

The Alhambra, no time or ticket? No problem!

by Carmela71

You can visit part of Alhambra without paying, the palace of Charles V, the gardens around, and the outside of the Alcazar are free.

Also the way up to the Alhambra deserves, it is beautiful.

Day 12 - Monterrubio - Castuera >> 17k

by into-thin-air

Another short but nice levelish day, again walking on a mixture of quiet roads and earthen tracks. The bulk of the day the route takes you through “Reserva de los Berciales”, a nature reserve, so little traffic and a very pleasant days walking.
No Facilities en-route, so make sure that you have a good breakfast before leaving in the morning and pack plenty of water as well as Supply of snacks.
We arrived in Castuera on Maundy Thursday but found accommodation on our second attempt at Hotel Paraiso in the centre of town, this turned out to be a blessing as The Semana Santa parade went right past the hotel, so we were indeed privileged to get a birds eye view !!

Days trips

by Carmela71

One day trips to Sevilla or Cordoba.

Also a combination of Granada a visit to Alpujarras on the way to Almeria and spent a few days in Almeria coast visiting the Natural park Cabo de Gata will be nice (by own experience)

Airplane

by arlequin_g

Granada has a very small airport 12 kilometres far from the centre. It's a national airport so you'll only can go there from the most importants cities in Spain (Barcelona, Madrid..)
From the airport you can go to the city by bus (there are not many of them). If you want to consult the times the bus leaves (958.27.86.77) Tell the driver where you're getting off so he'll know and will tell you when you arrive. The prize is 3 euros.
From Granada to the airport buses leave from Gran Via (ask the driver a brochure with the timetables). In the airport you can rent a car.
Other way to get to Granada is by taxi.

Comments