Apartamentos Santa Ana

Apartamentos Santa Ana
Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

Satisfaction Average

More about Granada

The Partal Gardens.The Partal Gardens.

Albaicin night walking tour.Albaicin night walking tour.

Ayuntamiento at CastueraAyuntamiento at Castuera

View through a portal in the tower above the poolView through a portal in the tower above the pool

Granada city pass

by mkvalya

has anyone bought it online yet???
the website is:

with it is sure that i can go to alhambra one of the days i've selected???
when i know in which day and hour i can go to visit it?

problems with paying with credit card?

by StephanB

I bought one the day before we went to Alhambre. It was a good deal, and there was no problem getting into Alhambre. You can buy them at one of the small museums just around the corner from the main cathedral, or at one of the banks downtown. Sorry I can't remember the names.

by roundboutmidnight

do i have to buy an additional Alhambra ticket on top of this City Pass to get into the Alhambra at the specific date and time that I've requested for? I don't quite understand what the 30% discount is for.

by mkvalya

the tourist board reply me telling that the -30% is compared to the total of tickets bought ...
so on the price of the granada city pass is included every monuments listed...

..."When you buy the City Pass you are paying the tickets, so nobody can ask
for more money when you get in the monuments or museums included in this
City Pass (Alhambra y Generalife, Catedral, Capilla Real, Parque de las Ciencias, Monasterio de Cartuja, Monasterio de San Jerónimo).

Only in the Science Museum if you want to visit the Planetarium, you must pay 2euros since this area is not included in the
general rule.
And for Museo de Bellas Artes and Museo Arqueológico you have to pay another ticket but discounted of the 25%."

by mkvalya

so on the price of the granada city pass is included every monuments listed...

..."When you buy the City Pass you are paying the tickets, so nobody can ask
for more money when you get in the monuments or museums included in this

general rule.

ahhh..the complete and RIGHT link is:

from where enter the alhambra having the city pass?

by mkvalya

from where enter the alhambra having the city pass? could I enter from porta de la justicia?
and if this is the right entrance... can I rent the audioguide there or i must go to the main entrance?

Travel Tips for Granada

The Weather

by Redang

In winter, Granada can be cold and crowded because of Sierra Nevada, and hot in summer, but it's nice anytime of the year anyway.

Internet:
- www.inm.es or
- www.inm.es/web/infmet/predi/locali/ANG.html

On the Importance of Being as Rude as Possible

by Kaspian

So you thought you'd seen it all, huh? So you thought you'd be brave and try Granada? I approach a sign at the bus station clearly marked with English text stating "Tourist Information Centre," and ask the big fat lady working the counter in my fumbled-Spanish for a schedule to Malaga, please. She slams her open palm with all her might onto the counter, "No comprende!", throws two photocopies at me, and storms into the back room never to be seen again. Welcome to Granada, young man! This is a sign of things to come--from hotel staff, bus drivers, waiters, waitresses, store vendors, Alhambra ticket agents, shifty homeless guys. What the hell did I do wrong? Why is everybody so angry here? Excuse me for freakin' living!
Bonus Tip: Carry a baseball bat around in one hand. There's a small chance people might be polite and treat you with some dignity it they think you might give them a conk on the head. I wouldn't guarantee it though.

Sacromente

by suvanki

Apart from visiting the gypsy caves/ bars/ restaurants/ museum, which are quite interesting- it is nice to wander around the area, and listen out, or watch for other things.

I arrived in Sacromente to find that the museum was closed, so I had a refreshing beer in one of the restaurants, and caught an impromptu session of a female playing the drums- I'm afraid she was quite embarrased that I'd caught her playing, and as soon as she spotted me she stopped.

As I was wandering around Sacromento, I heard a few musicians playing guitar, in their gardens or houses, I also heard a few singers practising. So I just sat quietly on the nearby steps and listened, and enjoyed!

Hopefully next time I visit, I'll hear a full performance, but these 'snatched' sessions really made my holiday.

Just before I returned to my hostal to collect my luggage, I heard this guitarist playing a typical Classical Spanish guitar tune- One of my favourite memories of my short holiday!

Tapas bar

by racheljapi about ??

There is a tapas bar right next to Plaza nueva. You go down this little street and order a drink. With each drink you get a free tapa (max is 3 tapas). With each of the drinks the tapas get better. Seriously, you can't beat this. casual

You're supposed to take a bus up the hill.....

by Dabs

After having a nice lunch at a cafe alongside the Darro River which sits right below the Alhambra, we asked our waiter how to get to the Alhambra and he said we could either walk back to the Plaza Nueva and take a bus or walk and that the pathway was just a short distance away. "Just a little steep" he said.....

I'm never adverse to climbing anything (just ask my husband about that vertical hour climb up to Eze!) but I suppose I could have looked at where we were standing in relation to where we needed to go and should have known that "just a little steep" was a bit of an understatement. I left the decision up to my trusty sidekick Kat and she said let's walk it and it really wasn't that bad of a climb. And it deposited us pretty much right at the ticket office!

But really, just how silly was it to walk UP and take a bus back down? ;-)

The bus back down was small and very crowded but the ride is short, cost is 1E. We stopped several times going from the ticket office back down, look for a bus that is going to Plaza Nueva.

Comments