Carrera del Darro 13, Granada, 18010, Spain

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 61% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Coolest hotel

This place was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at. Built in a 16th century mansion, the inside courtyard was comfortable, nicely decorated and styled. My room over looked the small street Carrero del Dario and the small steam running outside where I could down on it from my window. The staff were extremely helpful.

Unique Quality: Small and chic. Well appointed with Falla memorabilia all around.

• Senoritasmile's Profile Photo

An oasis in the heart of Granada

I checked out this hotel today for friends whose brief was somewhere central but not noisy, that offers character but not at the expense of comfort and if possible, views of the Alhambra. This place ticked all three boxes.

It is located at the start of the River Darro, just a few minutes from Plaza Nueva and hides mysteriously behind large wooden doors with a bell that needs to be rung if you want to gain access.

As I stepped into the entrance foyer, I was struck by two contrasting feelings 1) the amazing sense of peace and calm (must have been Feng Shui'd!!) and 2) the flashes of huge colour (art on the walls). The rooms are off a first floor galleried area that overlook the central reception area and are tastefully decorated without being fussy.

I loved it! Might have to treat myself to a little weekend jaunt!

More about El Ladron de Agua

places to stay in Granada?

by Nitina

e and my husband are planning to visit Murcia but also stay in Granada for a few days. We are looking for a nice b&b or hotel in Granada. Definitely must be quiet and have air-conditioning as we will go in july and will probably be very hot.

Any recommendations? if you can also give us the hotel's or b&b's website or number, would be great!

Nitina

by negrete

There's a cute little hostle in the Albycin that I like staying at when I'm in Granada its called "el numero 8" elnumero8.com
There's also a nice B&B called "agualuz" I'm sure their web site has the same name.

by Hopkid

I was just there and stayed at the Puerta de las Granadas on Calle Cuesta de Gomerez just up the hill towards the Alhambra from Plaza Nueva. It's a short walk to the Albayzin, Alcaiceria, Cathedral, Capilla Real, and of course the Alhambra. It's in a 19th century building but remodeled in a minimilst style with good AC and high speed internet access in the rooms. They also have a free internet access computer station and a nice sitting area out back. Our rate was 65 euros (we were quoted 75 on our reservation) with breakfast extra at 6 euros. Very pleasant and helpful staff most of whom are very fluent English speakers. We booked our room through Orbitz.

by pelon

One hotel I WOULDN'T recommend is Hotel Guadalupe, beautifully located across from the Alhambra. Convenience of location is excellent, but the beds! I've slept on softer rocks when camping. They have the hardest mattresses I have EVER felt. Other than 2 sleepless nights, we really enjoyed the convenient location, within an easy 5 minute bus ride from the main plaza. Being so close to the Alhambra meant we could wander around the grounds for a while, then go back to the hotel for lunch, stretch out on the floor to rest for a while(softer than the beds), then go back to see more of the Alhambra.

by scherlo

Although I have never stayed there, we booked an inn called Ladron de Agua for July 20-23. I found it at the innsofspain website. Take a look!

Comments