Funky Backpackers Hostel (Hostal Funky)

Calle Conde de las Infantas,, Granada, Spain

Funky Granada
Booking.com Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

• zofka's Profile Photo

Intercultural

I was at this wonderful place for four days and had a tremendous time enjoying myself, Granada and the bar and terasse on the roof. The view was excellent and so was the Sangria and the staff.
    I stayed in a dorm for 6 beds mixed and was very satisfied with the cleanliness, and safety and so on.
    I met some great peoplethere and it will take long for meto not think of this cozy place and the atmosphere

Directions: In the center near Plaza Nueva

More about Funky Backpackers Hostel (Hostal Funky)

Christmas in Andalucia

by abelliot

"A region of contrasts"

I decided to spend Christmas in Spain and since direct flights to Malaga are available from Cork for reasonable rates I chose to get acquainted with Andalucia. From the warmth and modernity in Malaga to the cold and rugedness of Pitres, Andalucia can offer just about anything one wants to do. It was an incredible experience and introduction to Spain.

"Candela"

I gained two wonderful friends while in Andalucia. The first of which was Candela. She is from Malaga and we met on a very cool website www.mylanguageexchange.com It is a site for people who want to learn other languages and help others learn their native language. It is a fun way to practice languages, meet interesting people online and in our case, meet each other in person and become friends. Candela lives in Malaga and we had a wonderful time talking, eating, drinking, walking and laughing. She was a wonderful host, guide and friend and made my time in Malaga incredibly personal. From the first hours I was in Spain I felt welcome and as if it was home. Hopefully I can talk her into visiting Cork soon or Minnesota when I return there after my studies are complete in Ireland ;o) and show her my homes half as well as she shared hers with me.

"Corey"

Next I met Corey in Granada. We were staying in the same room at the Funky Backpackers Hostel and quickly became friends. He is in the middle of an incredible 12 month journey starting from his home country of Australia going through Africa, Spain, Ireland, Canada and the US.

We have a lot of common, both being former truck drivers, and adventurous spirits. We explored Granada together as well as the Alpujarras and some time in Malaga We had a great time wherever we were and even though both of us came to Spain alone, after meeting it was like having a longtime friend with me. Corey will be in Ireland in January and can continue our explorations together then.

Good place to stay in Granada

by leafar

Looking for a cool and affordable place to stay in Granada. Going to be there for a bit and looking for a place that is off the main traveler's track but still a good place to use as a base to explore from.

Any ideas?

Re: Good place to stay in Granada

by salseracubana

Last week I stayed at the very nice Hostal Nevada, near Plaza del la Trinidad. Because I arrived on a Monday and it was low season, I paid only 15 euros per night, but you must insist that is all you want to pay.

Re: Re: Good place to stay in Granada

by negrete

A cool place off the teveler's track is "el numero 8" a really cool chilled out place, and the owner is very is nice. The web site is elnumero8.com

Re: Re: Good place to stay in Granada

by Caitlinette

I'm going to be in Granada this June and the places that have most caught my eye are the Funky Backpackers hostel and the Rambutan.

Rambutan: http://www.hostelz.com/display.php/105+Rambutan

Funky B. : http://www.hostelz.com/display.php/31467+Funky+Backpackers+Hostel

To see other cool places in Granada: http://www.hostelz.com/view.php/Spain_Andaluc%EDa_Granada_Hostels

Comments