Gar-Anat Hotel de Peregrinos

Sierra nevadaSierra nevada

Route towards “Oasis” farmRoute towards “Oasis” farm

Bus Timetable to Cordoba

by hawkhead

I have been looking at the ALSA site. If I type in specific dates as though I was going to buy a ticket, regardless of the fact that it might be next week or months hence, the info comes up that there is no service for that day but gives a general time table.

Then when I use the same site and just look at timetables in general from Granada to Cordoba, a whole day of times comes up.

Questions are:

a. Is the timetable on a Sunday likely to be different from the rest of the week?

b. Does the timetable change radically - I am going to be travelling in March 2011.

At the moment I am planning to travel from Granada to Cordoba on a Sunday, so for the sake of arranging accommodation I would like to know if I am likely to be "stuck" in Granada on a Sunday with a choice of two buses? If so, I would be better changing my departure to a Monday.

Many thanks.

by Roadquill

When I planned my Andulucia trip for last year I ran into the same problem... figuring out how to get from Granada to Cordoba. After much consternation, I said "screw it" based myself out of Sevilla and then took the one hour train to Cordoba for a day trip. Happy travels, Karl

by hawkhead

Many thanks again, both of you. I think I will move my travelling dates. Am moving south to north and really want to avoid the going into Madrid and back out again scenario. We plan to spend a couple of days in Cordoba, as I think it perhaps warrants more than a day trip.

by Roadquill

You are probably right as to a couple of days in Cordoba. I spent a day in 38 degree heat and was whupped by 3 PM. There is quite a lot to see, especially the old Roman era stuff. Karl

by puerto_lover

Currently there are comfortable Altaria trains that leave Granada station twice a day even on a Sunday and pass through Cordoba on route for Madrid. The journey takes 2 hrs 20 mins and the train station is really not far from Granada centre. Cost is greater than bus however if you can benefit from any discount the difference may not be too large. Anybody over 60 can buy an annual DORADA card for Euros 5 that entitles instant discounts on the price of train tickets. More information at:

by puerto_lover

by hawkhead

Oh bless you, PL! That is good news indeed - I was somehow under the impression that, from wherever, one had to go into Madrid and then back out again to reach Cordoba! Seems not so - preferable to a bus, me thinks!!

by hawkhead

Pedmar, do you mean Cordoba is too far for a journey by bus? Well, not too far but a L-O-N-G journey? I just ask to make sure that the train is a preferred option.

Travel Tips for Granada

Ice cream heaven!

by amapola66

The center of town has some great ice cream parlours with a very good variety to choose from. The Little Rock Chic was in 7th heaven. This one pictured, is at the bottom of the Albaicin area, close to the center of town.

I love the intricate designs...

by DrewV

I love the intricate designs that the Moors used to decorate their palaces. I believe that Islamic Law prohibits the representation of living things; therefore, artistry must be confined to patterns, words, and shapes. The result is breathtaking.

Albayzin/Albaicin/Albaycin

by blint

All are correct and you will see it spelt in either way all across Granada. I'm not sure where the spellings come from. Maybe one is the Arabic spelling and the other is the Spanish Spelling and another the British!

Don't be confused by it though!

Sacromonte - Cave house barrio

by Svitata

This is one place where people will usually miss. Granada city itself still has some cave dwellings, and these units are located in Sacromonte. It is accessible by car or on foot. Just follow the road from Albaicin leading up to Sacromonte. It's a lovely area, and you can see the Alhambra from another vantage point.

Due to the university there is...

by scorsese

Due to the university there is an abundance of night life, though I was with family so all we experience was the fantastic restaurants. I recommend easter to catholics but to anyone else i reccomend you steer well clear as the small streets are packed and you get so pissed off you could pull out that cheap knife you purchased earlier and, well, use it.
All of the restaurants comply to southern spanish culture and there are no non spanish eateries. no dress code, as far as I know

Comments