Guadalupe

Avda de Los Alixares s/n, P De La Sabica, Granada, Granada Province, 18009, Spain

Guadalupe Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• akikonomu's Profile Photo

Well Located Near the Alhambra

Stone's throw from the main pavilion of the entrance to the Alhambra. Fantastic location if you're an independent traveller and visiting Alhambra both in the day and in the evening. No worries about rushing to queue or getting back to your hotel too late.

Not so good point is that you'd be away from the action of the main part of town, on the plus side, you'd be away from the main tourist crowd as well. Some rooms overlook an olive grove and it's mysteriously beautiful in the nights (especially on full moon nights) and early mornings.

Clean rooms, decent restaurant and cafe food.

Directions: Take loop bus from Plaza Nueva towards Alhambra

• zeelie's Profile Photo

We stayed at the GUADALUPE...

We stayed at the GUADALUPE HOTEL, which is situated within walking from the Alhambra. You may get a good view of the Sierra Nevada from some of the rooms. there was a winding path behind the hotel leading to a lookout point where I had a nice viewe of the city!!!

More about Guadalupe

Hotel America vs Hotel Guadalupe

by carcassone

We, a family of 4, are going to visit the Alhambra in March. I have 2 hotel quotes for 2 nights. Hotel America said they can reserve an "apartment" for our family of 4 for 189 euros. Anyone stayed in their "apartment"? I wonder if they mean their "suite" with extra beds? Hotel Guadalupe quoted 105 euros for a room with 4 beds. So this comes down to a difference of 84x2 = 168 euros.

I've read mixed reviews on Hotel America. Obviously the big selling point is being inside Alhambra's walled city and not have to drag 2 teenagers up and be at the entrance by 7:30a to lineup. So if I stay at Hotel America and picked up reserved tickets the previous night, does that mean we can just walk over to the Palace entrance at 8:15a (assuming everyone with 8:30a tickets are waiting outside the gate). If I stay at Hotel Guadalupe, I'll have to wait outside the gate?

If we stay inside the walled city, what happens when we come back up from a night in town, assuming the gates are closed? Do we have special pass? How late are the gates open?

I'm thinking it would be nice if the kids can have breaks during the day tour between the 4 different sites. And it will be very convenient to do the night tour and hop back to the hotel. Does staying in Hotel America has advantages over Hotel Guadalupe in these respects?

Are people allow to be on the grounds (within the gates/walled city) outside the tour hours? Ie, between the end of the afternoon tour and beginning of the night tour, would we be the only ones there? Therefore, do we get more private time at Alhambra by staying in Hotel America versus Hotel Guadalupe?

I just want to know what advantages I have by paying 168 euros more, thanks.

Comments