Hostal Arroyo

Mano de Hierro 18, Granada, 18001, Spain
Hostal Arroyo
Booking.com Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

More about Granada

Monument to the Capitulations of Santa FeMonument to the Capitulations of Santa Fe

The Pool Court.The Pool Court.

Part of the Alhambra PalacePart of the Alhambra Palace

The lake and route aheadThe lake and route ahead

Collecting Alhambra tickets

Hello all!

A little help please...

I want to buy tickets for Alhambra on the servicaixa website (www.alhambra-tickets.es)... but they say you can collect tickets only on those electronic terminals of theirs. That's not an option for me since I plan to buy my tickets with a debit card that can't be used on electronic terminals (an internet use only debit card that has no chip or magnetic strip).

After I book the tickets and arrive in Granada is there ANY other way to collect the tickets that doesn't include me sticking my card in a machine?

Please help...

by von.otter

We reserved our tickets and paid for them on-line. I then collected them at the Alhambra ticket box office. You could try picking-up your tickets that way.

by Mozumbus

as suggested above, there is a ticket office, where you can get your tickets from after showing them the print out and the debit card... But I am not sure if you have to wait in the queue or not...

by whyyesno

That's great news! Thanks!
But now I have a different problem... Servicaixa website won't accept my card apparently. It just says error when I try to buy them.
Is there some other website I can buy tickets online?

by von.otter

I think that I bought ours directly from the Alhambra web site. I showed the agent at the ticket window my print out and was given the ticket.

I can not answer about a wait in line because we visited at Christmas, when the crowd was small. It was wonderful: felt as if the place was all ours!

by whyyesno

Thank you all for answering.
I finally bought the tickets for Alhambra from this website

They charge 18 euros per ticket instead of 12, but I guess it's worth it. You can't just go to Granada and leave your visit to Alhambra to chance.
ServiCaixa just wouldn't accept my card... I have no idea why, I use it to book/buy things on the internet all the time.
Anyway, I finally have the tickets! Yaay, so excited! :)

by delcity

welcome to vt. when you make a reservation at a hotel next time. and would like a ticket to a popular tourist place. check the hotel web site they may able to do it for you. or may have a link to a site where you purchase or reserve a ticket for pick-up.
some of the large hotel sites use to have links to places to purchase tickets and you did not have to be a hotel guess to puchase the ticket.
you need to go to the site for a certain hotel. not the web site for that brand of hotel. like the one for hilton. if you were looking for tickets for some place in paris you would need to go to the web site for certain hilton hotels in paris,
not the main reservation site for hilton hotels.

Travel Tips for Granada

Power to the People

by keida84

This tip is for those who have not traveled extensively throughout Europe and have never seen this type of electrical outlet before. I had not ever seen this little box to put your room key in which in turn, activates the power in your hotel room. No one at the front desk mentioned it to me, so was I glad when I found out from friends that in order to get power to your room, one must place the hotel key (or a piece of cardboard) into the slot by the door. Whew! I thought for a minute my "Hello Kitty!" flashlight and I were going to be in high demand on this trip!

As the entire city was within...

by DrewV

As the entire city was within the castle walls, the kings sometimes felt the need to retreat to a summer palace away from the hustle, bustle and heat. In the Nasarid's case, they thought that a few hundred metres was far enough to move. Their summer palace, the Generalife, is surrounded by a magnificent garden, which also utilizes water to great advantage by making it a player in the story. One gets the feeling that the fountains, pools, channels, and gutters are of primary importance, and the flowers and trees are simply supporting actors.

Siesta

by Maggies

From around 3 to 5 pm there is siesta time. Siesta is a long tradition in the South of Spain. The temperature is so high at this time in summer that people stay at home. Shops, banks, post offices, internet cafes(!) and some restaurants are closed then.
On the picture below you can see one of many street performers in Granada’s Old Town.

Jardines del Triunfo (Gardens of Triumph)

by Dabs

I happened upon this garden as I was walking west on the Gran Via de Colon. I thought perhaps the building in the background was something of importance but it doesn't appear on any of my maps so all I can tell you is that I think it's a religious building of some sort, perhaps a convent or a monastery?

The gardens were built on the site of the old bullring in 1960. It seemed like a nice place to have a seat for a bit with lots of nice trees (although not much shade), shrubs, fountains and a monument to the Triumph of the Virgin.

Tortuga, Calle Elvira

by blint

This is a great, but small bar on Calle Elvira. It is almost impossible to find a seat, but there is usually plenty of room to stand at the bar. It's got a great atmosphere and some really interesting wall decorations including a fake American 1 dollar deception bill featuring Bush and a sign for Mc Donald’s which reads: 'Come mierda por 1 euro'.

You get a free Tapa with your drink which is really good quality. I sampled their Rioja and found it to be most satisfactory (excuse me if I make some typing errors I'm still feeling most satisfied from the rioja)! Anything which is not Pijo.

Comments