C/ Rosario, 5, Granada, 18001, Spain

Booking.com Hotels.com HostelBookers.com

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Family run Hostal, Good central location.

I found this on the internet. Good location, within walking distance of most of the cities attractions - Less than 5 minutes walk to the Cathedral. Also very reasonable single room, 4 nights = total price GBP 52 !!

(Breakfast was 3 euros I think, but I ate at the nearby cafes on Navas)

Open all year round

C/Rosario leads on from Navas, which is lined with pleasant bars, cafes etc. Which leads off Plz de Carmen. A popular area for trying tapas.

Friendly staff, some with limited english, but no problems. Felt like a family run place.

Free to use the internet - 30 minutes .

Attractive decorated entrance and lounge area , Moorish style fountain, tiled walls etc.

Clean room, with bed, wardrobe, bookshelves, dressing table, bedside table. Bathroom with small bath, overbath shower, WC, basin.

My only gripe was that my room (101) was right next to the main door, with the window opening onto street level.

Although it was pedestrianised, I was disturbed by the noise of people walking past chatting, and people waiting to be let into the hostal after midnight. Also opposite my room was a greengrocer, who opened up early in the morning, although he was quiet, I could still hear as he rolled up the shutters etc.

Directly next to my room was a bar, so there was some general noise - It's not a rowdy area, just that sounds carried easily. (plus I've discovered I'm a light sleeper!)
    The hostal was full, so I couldn't move to another room.

I'd stay here again, but I'd request not to be in Room 101 ! or if I was, I'd remember my ear plugs! To be honest, I'd rather stay in a place like this where there's a cosy family run atmosphere, that's clean and with a good location, even if it's not sound proofed, than a bland, corporate overpriced soundproofed hotel.

I've rated my stay as satisfied, it would have been graded higher if I'd been in a different room.

Unique Quality: Great location, less than 5 mins walk to Cathedral/ Plaza Nuevo etc. just off Navas, so handy for bars/cafes etc

Family run hostal- friendly/helpful staff ( limited English, but this added to the charm of the hostal - not an 'international/corporate/bland place)

Moorish decor - fountain in reception, tiled walls etc.

Free use of internet (30 minutes)

Directions: At the Cathedral, face Christopher Columbas statue, turn right into Calle Reyes Catolicos. At Plaza del Carmen on the left , cross the square, walk along Navas, then at the small intersection you'll see the hostal in front on the left
    5 mins walk

• sourire76's Profile Photo

A good budget hostel

The hostal Costa Azul is located near the city hall of Granada in a very peaceful area.
    Not in the touristic part (Albaizin) but believe me when you come to visit this part of the city, you feel happy not to have an hostel there as Albaizin is in a hill.

The costa azul was very clean (as all the hotels in Spain I guess) and the staff was very helpful.
    The price were really good (45€ a night for a twin bed room) for granada where the average is much more higher.

Maybe not the more modern hostel but a very good choice when you look for a good location and a good price.

Unique Quality: Good location
    Clean
    Helpful staff

Directions: Near the city hall of granada

• bonio's Profile Photo

Hostal Costa Azul

Very friendly, family run hostal on a quiet pedestrian street close to the centre. Rooms clean and comfortable and not too noisy. Simple buffet breakfast is tasty too.
    Easy to find and several great bars nearby a bargain at 45 Euros a night.
    Recommended.

More about Hostal Costa Azul

Budget accomodation just below the Alhambra

by sherin about Hostal Landazuri

Friendly rooms (the triples are especially large), friendly and helpful staff, attached coffee/breakfast place, nice terrace with views of the alhambra. Parking is available.
Great views of the Alhambra from the Terrace. Great central location. You can easily walk to the Alhambra and main places of interest.

Hotel Landazuri

by Sambawalk about Hotel Landazuri

Most of the budget hotels are located Cuesta de Gomerez, between Plaza Nueva and the Alhambra.

I paid EUR 18 for a single room with shared bathroom. It is ok and the location is convenient to the Alhambra. But you need to take bus from bus terminal to the cit centre and then take a 5-10 minute walk to get there.

(Granada) Fantastic location!

by Bwana_Brown about Hostal/Pension Landazuri

Two months before we were due to arrive, we had enquired over the internet about staying for two nights at Hostal Landazuri, eventually settling on a room with triple beds (with Sue's sister along for the ride). The staff were more than helpful and we did not even have to supply our credit card information details until about 3-weeks prior to our arrival and, even then, they only required a deposit for one night. You probably could not ask for a better location in Granada. Located part way up one of the valley walls surrounding Granada, Landazuri is located only a 5-minute uphill walk from the bustling Plaza Nueva and continuing upward for a further 20-minutes will find you at the main entrance to the Alhambra! It also has its own private indoor parking area just up the street, costing 10 Euros per night.

Outside the gated and locked hostal entrance grill (with the front desk always occupied to respond to the buzzer) are some very interesting hole-in-the-wall shops selling a great variety of Moorish themed items. The Landazuri is a family-run place with mother & father and grandparents too taking shifts from what I could see (as well as their children making brief appearances). For meals, only breakfast is served on the premises.

Our Triple room was two floors up (no elevators - luggage must be manhandled upward) and consisted of one bed not too far from the door with the other two beds for Sue and I located 3-steps further up with the common bathroom off it. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were quiet! We paid 60 Euros per night for the three of us (plus car parking fee). Considering our short stay in Granada, the Landazuri's roof-top patio provided us with some great relaxing moments! On arrival at the hostal, the ladies retired to the nicely flowered roof-top patio, one further floor up from our room, to relax and take-in the late-afternoon views after our harrowing adventure in actually finding the hostal! In the meantime, I walked back to the public parking lot to retrieve our car before eventually finding my way back to our accommodations via the ancient and confusing streets. We all enjoyed sitting on the patio sipping our wine while we either looked up to the Alhambra towering above or down to the busy plaza at the foot of our street.

I dont remember the name of...

by cjg1

I dont remember the name of the place. It is just up the hill from Alhambra. Cost about $7 USD per night or $8 USD if you wanted heat in the room. It was a highly recommended place that was nice and would have been hard to get into at a better time of year.

There are plenty of...

by DanielF

There are plenty of accomodations available in Granada. If you want to enjoy the nightlife of the city, you should book your room in the city centre. If you are more attired towards romanticism, then you should better stay inside of La Alhambra. There is a parador there, which the most expensive option in Granada, but an unforgettable experience.

If you can get into it, the...

by sweet-sara

If you can get into it, the Parador San Fransisco is well worth the money. Spain has developed several historic buildings into hotels - they are known as paradors. The one in Granada is a 15th century convent located within the Alhambra grounds. There are only 32 rooms.

the Alhambra

by theH

Some picture of the magnificent Alhambra in Granada.

Here you can see the most famous courtyard of the Nasrid palace: the patio de los Leones.

a beautiful inner patio

I just adored this garden!

alhambraalhambra

Alhambra

by jettman1

Are you allowed to take photographs inside Alhambra? Are you allowed to bring in your small purse when you tour inside? Thank you.

by marielexoteria

bookmark

by puerto_lover

I have a collection of photographs that I took on a visit to the Alhambra and more especially the Nasrid Palaces if you want to see them ? And I am certain that your bag is no problem . The Alhmabra is a large array of different buildings situated on a hill overlooking Granada. For example there is the old castle ALCAZAR where you can get some great views over the city and the distant sierra. Or there is the Generalife gardens right at the highest point of the complex where at certain seasons you can believe that you are the Sultan ! And then there is the actual palace buildings the famous NASRID PALACES where there so many lovely things to enjoy.
In fact other VT members have published 273 of their own photos PLUS 161 reviews just about the NASRID PALACES ! I recommend that you see all the wealth of information on this same web site. And read up about the Moors before you get to Granada.

by jlynyc

Yes, you can bring a bag and take photos.

by amapola66

We took loads of photos, as in most of Spain, the queuing, tickets etc was pleasant, relaxed yet organised.

Comments