Hostal Nevada

Tablas 8, Granada, Granada Province, 18002, Spain
HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Granada

The main facadeThe main facade

Looking down on the fountains and flowersLooking down on the fountains and flowers

The route leaving CampanarioThe route leaving Campanario

Great landscaping with Patio de la Acequia in viewGreat landscaping with Patio de la Acequia in view

where is the alhambra entrance having the city pass?

by mkvalya

where is the right entrance of the alhambra already having the city pass?
could I enter from porta de la justicia?

and if this is the right entrance... can I rent the audioguide there or I must go to the main entrance?

by mkvalya

de gustibus non disputandum est.
if you don't want to reply me, if you consider "stupid" my question you could NOT reply to me.
if I ask it means that i'm interested in this info...
the forum is made to help people interested also in different and stupid things. this is why a forum is for evrybody!

by henrykkanada

Porta de la Justicia is now the main entrance. In the entrance complex, there is a turnstile entrance to the right of the two ticket booths. I did not use the audiotour, but it should be available at the side of, and outside the turnstile entrance. The terminal of buses 30 and 32 is near the entrance complex, which includes a cafe. It is an interesting to walk down, rather than using the bus, after the tour.

thanks!

Travel Tips for Granada

Tickets for Alhambra

by keeweechic

Visits to the Alhambra have become so popular that the number of visitors per day has been restricted. In order not to miss out you really need to book in advance especially during the summer months. The times on your tickets need to be adhered to and of course the tickets are only valid for the day they are given. Getting in is the major part, once in you can stay as long as you like – well until closing time anyway. There are several types of tickets you can purchase so do your research well before you go.

Eating Late

by SallyM

It is customary to eat very late in Spain - restaurants don't really get going until around 9.00 p.m. or later. If your digestion (or greed, as in my case!) finds this difficult, don't worry, you can either go on a tapas crawl instead, or eat in one of the restaurants in the Plaza Bib Rambla, where they are used to the strange habits of tourists. I had dinner at 7.45 p.m. one night at 'Manolo' - and it was very good (to my surprise both better and cheaper than the traditional restaurant where we had dined at 10.00 p.m. the previous night).

Monasterio de San Jeronimo

by Dabs

I stumbled upon the Monasterio de San Jeronimo quite by accident, I was out wandering around the Old Arab Quarter and decided to take a look along the Gran via de Colon and I thought I was heading back to the hotel.....

If I had checked my guidebook I would have realized you could go inside!!!!

A few facts: the Monastery dates back to the 16th century, it was the first monastery to be founded by Ferdinand and Isabella following the Reconquista, designed by Diego de Siloe. If you should happen to think to go inside (duh!), you may find beautiful stone carvings and a spectacular interior.

Closed for siesta in the afternoon, open from 10-1:30 and from 3-6 pm. Cost to enter is 3E.

THE SOUK

by BerniShand

one evening we wandered through the souk in the Albaicin district, small shops, stalls and tea shops all packed together in the narrow winding streets, we liked the fact that there was no pressure to buy and we could browse as much as we liked, we bought a carved wooden ring for our grandson, only 2 euros, and a box of joss sticks the smell of which was everywhere we walked.
We didnt stop for a glass of tea and a puff of the hubbly bubbly pipes, but we wished we had bought a pack of the tea which is for sale everywhere - there were so many different blends to choose from

To get to the Alahambra

by jackfruit

Unless you are feeling highly energetic, save your energy for walking inside the Alahambra grounds, instead of to it.

It is possible to walk to the Alahambra from the Granada area - it's a uphill 1/2 km walk from the Plaza Neuva area. Just follow Cuesta Gomerez south from the plaza until you reach the ticket office at Generalife gardens.

My suggestion is to take the red bus (Alahambra is posted on the bus). It stops at the Plaza Neuva and runs multiple times an hour. The ride costs about 1 Euro and takes 5 minutes.

Comments