Cuesta de la Victoria, 9, Granada, 18010, Spain

Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 75% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• rodsdispatches's Profile Photo

Granada hotel

An old Moorish manor house newly converted to a little hotel, could not be in a better location for a tourist. Bus up to the Alhambra and walk back down via the foot path to the river. Close to the Gyspy and Jewish quarter and walking distance to the great strip of tapas bars and nightlife - - make sure you get a tapas with each drink - there still is a free lunch in Granada!

Unique Quality: Quiet yet close to the tourist attractions. The Moorish courtyard has a fountain and the water streams just like the palace up at the Alhambra.

Good staff with English, bus stop nearby, views of the Alhambra, car parking - worth every euro.

Directions: Axris district a few doors off and near the end of the riverside road - turns into a one-way street but at the base of the hill - not up the hill, so don't miss the turn.

• MM212's Profile Photo

An Arab Mansion in Granada

Right in the shadow of Alhambra, up a steep cul-de-sac in lower Albaicín, lies the elegant Hotel Casa Morisca. The building is an original 15th century Arab mansion complete with a central courtyard and wooden beams. This small (14 room) hotel takes you back to the days of Moorish Al-Andalus! It is also very centrally located near the major attractions.

Directions: Off Carrera del Darro, in Albaicín, just below Alhambra

• islaazul's Profile Photo

Beautiful hotel with view of Alhambra

The view of the Alhambra from this hotel is so beautiful our taxi driver got out and enjoyed it with us. The hotel itself has plenty of amentities that made our stay comfortable--hair dryer, shampoo, 24-hour staff.

Unique Quality: We had a room with a balcony that overlooked the Alhambra. Right outside our room, there was a little alcove with comfortable chairs and books--it was great.

Directions: In the district of Albayzin, on a small street near the river.

More about Hotel Casa Morisca

From Hotel Casa Morisca

Good evening from Hotel Casa Morisca!
Sometimes, when It is possible, I usually have a look your website to know what some of our guest think about us.
At first, I would like to excuse me about my english...I would like it will be perfect but I think it is easy you understand me.
I would like to thank you all the very pleasunt emails you send to us and also explaining about other items that here are writting.
When you ask for availability rooms in our hotel, we always send to you all the prices for our rooms. Later, we ask for a credit card details as a guarantee. We have only 14 rooms, so If someone need at least 4 of them, we always guarantee with a credit card or with a bank transfer. why we have to do it? because it is not the first time some one book all our rooms ( remember...only 14 ) and they have not arrived...and the credit card is not correct. So...when you need 5 rooms...I asked to you about a bank transfer. ( I remember you )
Our hotel is opened from 2001 and we have kept the same timetable about breakfast. In Spain is not usually to have it before 9...( of course when we are in holidays ) but not for you so we always offer to you from 8 till 10.30am. never at 11 because our waiter is the same boy that stay during all night with you. when breakfast is finished he goes home to sleep and usually me stay working in my desk. This year it is the first time that we offer to you room service and when you wish, you can order a brekfast in your room or in our outside patio.
About how to drive to our hotel, we always send to you our confirmation and also the map and instructions ( street by street ) that you need to drive till our hotel ( from summer, the city center is only allowed to drive for residents and hotels ). I am sure our hotel is the only in Granada that offer to you this help to arrive.
Albayzin is a very quiet place, and of course "our street". Sometimes you can hear the children that are just in front our hotel ( it is a school). Around 12h and 18h are playing basketball so..it is possible you can hear them from our rooms.
Our elevator was the first in Granada with a special machine...without noisy and only once we had a complaint from one of our guest. I would like she can have a look about what other guest have written in tripadvisor about the same room you have...
As you know it is not easy to work every day with so many people from so many countries but I love it!
I would like from here to thank all "my new friends" that have made me happier with your smile. I remember all of you and I am so glad when you are comming back, when you remember me in Christmas...You are the most important.
Thanks, Ana

Hotel Casa Morisca - A Cautionary Tale

by TripAdvisor Member ateague

I suppose this could be considered a cautionary tale for anyone who uses the internet for their travel research. As a result of reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and other sites, we decided to book a room at this hotel. We read as much of the available content we could and decided that we should take a street facing room as reviews suggested that courtyard facing rooms could be small and dark. On our arrival, we were impressed by the reception area complete with babbling fountain but 20 years of extensive travel experience has taught us to reserve judgement until after the first night.

We were placed in Room 11 on the Second floor. A very clean very modest sized room with a reasonable sideways Juliet balcony view of the Alhambra. The decor was pleasant but not really 'hip', although we could appreciate the Moorish style and atmosphere for which the owners were aiming. The bathroom was averagely equipped and clean.

The next morning, I stood in reception exhausted. Due to the noise from both inside and outside the hotel, we had not slept. The noise from the elevator, the shaft of which was situated next to our room (and all the other rooms on that side of the hotel), was ridiculous and started early until late. As the hotel is situated on a cobbled inclined street the traffic noise (cars, moped, revellers etc) proved that the antique-effect windows were not adequate in providing any soundproofing. Worse still, sound from the adjoining property (the hotel is located in a terrace) was constant, slamming doors, water noise etc. The local flamenco bar empties its' bottlebins at 6.30 a.m. - I could go on. I would be surprised if we were the only guests to experience problems of this nature.

Due to the price of the room, I was expecting the staff to be a little more accommodating, but they refused to acknowledge in anyway that there was a problem with sound and treated us in an off-hand almost accusative manner. The woman behind reception seemed unprepared to handle or investigate any complaint, however valid. We were now faced, with the prospect of enduring another 3 nights without sleep in a hotel that hadn't seemed to grasp the basic concept of customer service. The staff are 'Friendly' as long as you don't complain and only ask for your room key. They did however seem very capable at creating excuses about the noise, which does indicate that we are not the first to complain. We can only concur that most of the previous reviewers have stopped at this hotel during times of low occupancy in the dark and pokey courtyard facing rooms.

The staff repeated this attitude when we highlighted the fact that the hot-water dribbled out the bath tap ensuring that the bath was cold by the time it had filled. Although, this is a problem with gravity that occurs with some small hotels/inns and normally denotes and issue with the system.

We decided that perhaps we were overreacting and could make up the sleep during the traditional Spanish siesta period, normally between 2 p.m and 5 p.m. This wasn't going to be the case. The hotel overlooks a hostel for boys that hosts energetic and noisy soccer matches every afternoon. Only on our final night did we sleep and this was because we purchased some ear plugs from a local Pharmacy.

Any hotel or inn should be able to provide guests with both a reasonable night of sleep and useable supply of hot water. If not, then the customer service should be flexible and the room rate should reflect any known shortcomings. This hotel failed to live up to these simple expectations. Keep in mind that this hotel does not appear to subscribe to any star or tourist rating thus it has not had to be graded like other hotels.

Ultimately, if you are after a pricey hotel in a charismatic location with a pretty reception, then great. If you are a seasoned and discerning independent traveller, not liable to be influenced by curiously over-excited reviews, then keep looking.

Avoid Casa Morisca

We are a small group of 5 coouples friends, and we are just returning from a 2 weeks trip in Andalusia, beginning May 2005. I was the one in charge of the organisation this year. We are looking for very good, quiet, well located and chaming hotels. After reading the reviews in Trip Advisor (which I find very useful), I selected Casa Morisca for our 3 nigths stay in Granada. I mailed a 5 rooms request in September 2004, with my international credit card number, but it was not sufficient for this hotel (the only case in our trip), and they asked for a 50% down payment in advance, which I reluctantly accepted for January2005 ( 4 months before we get there). They insisted on an international money transfer but sent me twice wrong bank addresses. We exchanged something like 25 mails and everytime their mails where quite rude and barely polite. At the end, I had enough and I booked in another place (found also in Trip Advisor) which happened to be just great ( I post a review in its name). Accomodations in Casa Morica may be good, but their management and/or accountants are totally uncommercial and unpleasant. Clients ought to be treated efficiently and pleasantly. My advice: go elsewhere, there are other very good and nice people and places.

Nice hotel, but bring a map.

by TripAdvisor Member preppride1798

A very unique hotel, but is very difficult to find. The directions on the website are useless, and the route that online map sites gives you a route that is restricted to buses and taxis. Granada is a fairly large city, so take time know your way. It took us a frustrating 2 hours to find the hotel. Once there, the hotel is great. Lots of cafes, bars and restaurants near by. The Alambra is just a short cab ride up the hill.

Room with a view

by TripAdvisor Member xtrapnel

Once again (see my recent review of the Amadeus, Seville), finding hotels in Andalusia, where the streets seem designed for horses (and thin ones at that, walking in single file) is an art in itself.
Ignore the instructions given. Follow the signs to the Alhambra, drive past the car park, when you reach a large hotel and are faced with a dramatic descent - get a taxi to guide you there. It will cost you €5 and save you a heart attack.
Once in the hotel, the Moorish theme is evident with a hexagonal water feature in the large open atrium.
The view from our room (the suite, we splashed out) of the Alhambra was wonderful - it needed to be, I had flu :-( and so didn't get any closer to it (my partner tells me she walked up the hill to the Alhambra in ten minutes, but she's fit, so allow for longer).
Anyway, the room was lovely, with patterned vaulted ceilings, a minibar with reasonable prices (shame on you, hotels that charge €5 for a coke) and the staff were very helpful, allowing us to have a pizza delivered when my illness cancelled our plans for a romantic meal out.
Moreover, we got a complimentary bottle of bubbly as it was our second anniversary (hence the room).
I'd love to stay at this hotel again and get to see the Alhambra - but even in an unwell state, it was a great stay.

A Little Gem

by TripAdvisor Member Pierre48

A beautiful Moorish hotel sympathetically furnished. Very helpful staff. My wife & I had an outside room (No 14) with spectacular views of the Alhambra both day & night from our bedroom & bathroom. Located in the back of the Abecin district, it's handy for the Alhambra and the old city. Brilliant.
We had no trouble finding the hotel. We just took a €23 taxi ride from the airport! Well worth the investment.

A gem of a hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Annathetraveller

Really enjoyed our few nights at this hotel in September 2004. It was not easy to find (ask for directions when you book) but it is in a lovely old part of the city with fabulous views of the Alhambra. The hotel is off the main road and is in a very quiet location. The architecture of the hotel is very unusual but I gather is typical of houses of that region. You enter through a huge wooden door into a beautiful inner courtyard that is open to all upper levels. Rooms overlook this inner courtyard on each of the 3 floors and a passageway runs around the outside of this inner courtyard giving you access to your room. Our room (no.7) was very small but was well equipped with a good en-suite bathroom. The only drawback was that the room did not have a window to the outside world – only to the inner courtyard of the hotel. This meant that the room was a bit dark and when you put the lights out it was pitch black. We did not find this a problem but some might find the room a bit claustrophobic, so check out whether your room has an outer window or not. I think sound could carry in this building but we were lucky that the guests who were there during our stay were respectful of this and we were not unduly bothered by any noise. We were lucky and had no problems but I think parking may be a bit restricted directlyu outside the hotel. Breakfast was taken in a delightful cellar and there was something to suit everyone’s taste. The hotel has a lovely lounge area and open air patio. Service was good and the staff friendly. Overall, I would certainly recommend this hotel and would stay there again – but maybe not in Room 7.

hotel with parking included

by elmap

We are coming to Granada in May and planning to stay just one night. as we are coming by rent-a-car and we don't have much time, can you recommend us a hotel which has free parking, which is not expensive and is near the city centre?

by angiebabe

Have a look at my accommodation tip where I stayed in Granada on my second visit.
My first visit I stayed out on the way to the Las Alpujarras, which is also in a tip, about an hour from Granada and was lovely.

by Jawnuta

See my hotel tips in Granada. It did not have a free parking, but the location was great and parking garage was only one block away.

by puerto_lover

If your time is limited then you probably want to find a hotel that is near the entrance to the Alhambra. It is easier to find the car park signed for the Alhambra. This would take you away from the centre of the city and thus avoid some confusion. You can always get down to the city centre using the mini bus or even a walk. I have read reviews of the Alhambra Palace Hotel which appear good. But I think there are others at the hill top near the Alhambra entrance,

by rodsdispatches

Check out the Casa Morisca. They have parking, could not be in a better location for a tourist. Get a multi-ride card from the first bus you ride and leave the car parked until you leave town.

Comments