Hotel Rumaykiyya

Urbanizacion Sol y Nieve, Granada, 18196, Spain

More about Granada

The upper windows.The upper windows.

Alhambra from Generalife Gardens #2Alhambra from Generalife Gardens #2

Beautiful old Iglasia – San Juan BautistaBeautiful old Iglasia – San Juan Bautista

A better view of the cupola itselfA better view of the cupola itself

Alhambra Gardens

by mitchimitch

Hiya! We're off to Granada on Thursday but I want to book some Alhambra tickets before leaving. Just wondering, is the 5 euros extra charge for the gardens worth it?? How are the gardens this time of year?
Thanks a bunch!!
:-) michelle

Alhambra Gardens

by MaheshSamtani

I am not sure if the cost is 5 Euros but its worth each and every cent of it. Check out that you have a lot of space on your camera card for the numebr of pictures that you will take.
Enjoy
Mahesh

by irishronaldo

Was there a couple of months ago and was worth every cent.
Give yourself plenty of time, What you save on the free tapas in Granada will offset any cover charge.
Enjoy

by juzz

As they said earlier than me, the Alhambra is really a wonderful place, you really must go there and enjoy the sights and the atmospheare.
I advice you to take the audio-guide, it's very well done and it's much better than walking and reading at the same time: you'll need your eyes to see eveything you can!!
I don't know about the better time of the year to visit it, I do think it needs only a nice weather to enjoy the Alhambra.

Regards,
Sergio

RE: RE: Alhambra Gardens

by mitchimitch

Gee, thanks everyone! Yep, we did the Alhambra trip and it was indeed worth it! It was cold actually -- around 6 degrees. But we enjoyed it very much!

by Birgie

I am doing research for more than a year on Granada and Southern Spain. I haven't actually set foot in the Alhambra or the Generlife for 20 years but my dear VTer, 5 euros is a tiny price to pay for a walk through such a legendary garden.

I have seen hundreds of pictures of the garden taken more recently and in any season, I believe it would be to most people breathtaking. Please, please read at least some of "Legends of the Alhambra" by Washington Irving before going or pick up a book at the library on the gardens of Spain or Andalucia which include descriptions of the Generalife so you know what you are looking at.

It's a romantic place that I would never miss! To some it might be just a garden, but come armed with some knowledge and it will be much, much more - a memory that stays with you forever.

RE: RE: Alhambra Gardens

by beejay421

The Alhambra was the highlight of our trip to Spain. The audio headset really enhanced the experience and if I am ever close to Grenada I would go again in a heartbeat. On another note--the first week of May is a fantastic time to visit Granada. There is a city wide festival that is colorful and exciting. We were fortunate to get a room on one of the main plazas and watch the dancing and entertainment from our tiny balcony. It was a wonderful experience.

Travel Tips for Granada

Turistic Bus

by arlequin_g

While I was there I did not see any toutistic bus. But what you can do is taking bus number 32 in Plaza Nueva. It will take you for a walk to Alhambra and then for Albaic?n and takes you again to Plaza Nueva. And this for only 0.85 euros.

Tapeando!

by lordcroker

This is the best way to eat and drink. You normally get tapas free in Granada with beer or wine, sometime with a soft drink too. In Granada, tapas is served in order and you don't get to choose where as in Almeria, you can choose. Both of these provinces supply the tapas free!!
If you order a drink and do not get tapas...ASK! Sometimes if you are a 'guiri'(foriegner) they don't bother,.
And feel free to throw the litter on the floor....its quite normal!

El Ojo de Granada ~ The Eye of Granada

by Christina1881

"El Ojo de Granada" is a "periscope" located in the Albaicin from where you can see Granada from above on a round "screen" infront of you - with a guide telling you what you are seeing...
A really funny - and different - way of discovering the city.
Prior to the "walk through the city" you can see a film about the history of Granada - in either English or Spanish.

Techno fun

by kumari about Industrial Copera

Industrial Copera is one of the best techno spots in Spain. Absolutely great music, very chill crowd, unbelievably beautiful girls. Cover is a little steep, I went once on a friday and paid 13 euros per person, went again christmas eve and it was 20 euros pp (including a drink of course) and drinks run about 5 each or 3 for a beer. World class techno dj´s from Spain and elsewhere. Crowd is mixed from late teens to early 30´s. None, it´s techno, which means it´s chill. Sneakers are fine but I wouldn´t recommend jeans, though I think you would get in. Dress comfortably because it gets hot. Also my friend put his coat down while dancing and it got stolen, so either keep your eye on your stuff or (better yet) check it.

THE TOURIST BUS

by BerniShand

a lot of people poo-pooh open top bus tours but I really like them, they give you a great birds eye view of the city and you can get on and off wherever you want to see all the major sights
we took the Granada tour bus because our feet were aching and it was the ideal sort of day for an open topped bus, clear cool and crisp with brilliant sunshine in an amazingly blue sky, no risk of sunburn like there is on a blazing Summers day ! we saw parts of the city that we hadnt previously found and because of time wouldnt be able to visit, all filed away now for when we visit again, but the most wonderful sights were of the majestic snow covered mountains of the Sierra Nevadas

the ticket costs 10 euro, this allows you unlimited use of the open topped bus and the Microbus Touristico [which covers the Alhambra, Albaicin and Sacromonte where large buses cant go] for a 24 hour period, save your tickets, if you take a city sightseeing tour in another city worldwide producing it means you will get a 10% reduction in the ticket price

Comments