Angel Ganivet 7, Granada, Granada Province, 18009, Spain

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Dabs's Profile Photo

4* hotel in a central location

I really liked the location of this hotel, we didn't have to take public transportation anywhere except to/from the bus station. We were within walking distance of Plaza Bib-Rambla, a nice plaza with plenty of options for dining and shopping, and Plaza Nuevo where you could pick up a bus to get to the Alhambra and the Cathedral/Royal Chapel. There was a grocery store just up the street called Super Sol if you need drinks or snacks (closed on Sunday).

The service was very good at this hotel, we were originally given a room with a double bed because we forgot to ask for 2 beds, when we asked to be moved to another room, they did so immediately with no questions. And when we checked out we asked for a late check out and they allowed us to stay for a couple of extra hours without any additional payment due.

Unique Quality: The bedroom was comfortable, spacious and nicely decorated, I must have been VTed out by the time we got here because I totally forgot to take any pictures.

The room had a small refrigerator, TV, I assume it was air conditioned although we didn't need it.

The bathroom was nice, minimal toiletries, wall hair dryer, plenty of hot water

• keida84's Profile Photo

Great Location for seeing the Granada Sights

Situated in the heart of Granada, the Melia Granada Hotel is perfect for those who will be walking to see the sights.

The hotel is just a short cab ride away from the main bus station. It should not cost more than 8 Euros to get there. I recommend you take a taxi to the hotel from there as the traffic to drive in in insane and lugging your luggage via the local bus would prove cumbersome and tiring, especially if the weather is hot.

Registration was a breeze with only a little hitch with the accomodations, we required single beds and we were given a double. This was promptly corrected by the front desk of the hotel. We had a mini bar and a refrigerator for items bought at the local grocer. The maid service was very good, providing towels and needed toiletries. There is an elevator/lift so you can get to your room without too much trouble. There is a resaturant and bar on the property, however we did not try the food there. The beds were comfortable with decent sized pillows.

The views were not good at all, but then again, we did not spend a lot of time in the hotel so it really did not matter. The hotel offered room service as well but again we did not try it so I am unable to comment here about it.

Unique Quality: The mirror which was over the head of the beds was a pretty plaster medallion which lent a "posh" feel to the room. We were able to obtain a late check out until 2 pm without charge; this was a great help to us as we had planned to take a late bus back to Malaga.

• Christianne's Profile Photo

MELIA GRANADA

MELIA GRANADA

Unique Quality: 154 double rooms, 34 single rooms, safe deposit box, air conditioning, mini-bar, TV.

I stayed in this hotel and I can say that I was very satisfied.

More about Melia Granada

Parking at the Melia Granada

by Donrogelio

I want to know if the Melia Granada has parking. Can someone help me?

RE: Parking at the Melia Granada

by puerto_lover

I have stayed at the hotel but without taking a car. I can tell you that although the hotel was busy when I stayed, the staff were most efficient and helpful. The hotel is down a street called Angel Ganivet that runs down from the CORREOS (post office) on the corner. The SOLMELIA web site for the hotel says for Parking that: "Valet parking, the hotel doesn't have a private parking" but I think you will have no problem. just pull in front of the hotel and then ask for the place or get one of the staff to park. I think that there are public parking places quite close but best to get the hotel staff to help you. In case of concern you should phone the hotel people and tell them you need a parking space. www.solmelia.com has hotel details.

RE: RE: Parking at the Melia Granada

by Donrogelio

Thank you very much for your kind assistance. I will follow-up on your suggestions.

Comments