Calle Acera Del Darro 44, Granada, Granada Province, 18005, Spain

Satisfaction Average

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Granada

The AlhambraThe Alhambra

I dressed up as an Arabic woman.I dressed up as an Arabic woman.

View from Mirador de San NicolasView from Mirador de San Nicolas

Puente Romana, CordobaPuente Romana, Cordoba

the Alhambra at night

by marktynernyc

visiting Spain this fall, will be in Granada for 4 nights - doing a day tour of the Alhambra but am thinking about visiting at night. There are two night tickets - one to the gardens and one to the palace, both with "special illumination". My day tour is of the entire complex, including the gardens. Has anyone done the night visit - the moon will be at half. Definitely doing the garden at night but not sure about the palace. Thoughts? Thanks for your help.

by alan1972

A few years ago I visited during the day and also did the night tour of the palace. I was glad I did both, as the palace was much less busy at night with fewer tour groups - altogether a more relaxing and unhurried experience. I don't know if that's still the case or if the night visit has become more popular since I visited.

by marktynernyc

thanks for the reply - decided to get night tickets for both the palace and gardens

by KakapoTheParrot

Just a comment about doing the night and day visits on the same day. That's quite an endurance effort, not just physical but mental. It's an overwhelming place and to viist twice in the same day would be hard work. If you have the chance (I appreciate you may not) I would try to do them on different days, ideally I think with the night visit second.

by Mozumbus

I second KakapoTheParrot's opinion...

One way out is to do the day tour in the first half, have rest (better sleep) in the second half and then do the night tour. I missed the night tour but I can imagine how tempting it would be...

Have a great trip :)

Travel Tips for Granada

Granada - the jewel of Andalusia

by call_me_rhia

Granada is really the jewel of Andalusia, a town that I had longed to visit for many years and somehow never got around to discover. I had high expectations about it, and it turned out to be even more charmng than I would have thought. The main reason was to visit the Alhambra, a series of Moorish palaces and gardens to leave one breathless. I'm a freak for what it is Arab or Arab related, I must admit it, so beside the Alhambra my favourite sight has been the Albaicin, which in the past had been the old Moorish casbah or "medina"... a maze of tiny little lanes and streets nested upon the Albaicin hill, with whitewashed houses and little inner gardens.

Apparently there is very little Moorish architecture left, but if you look carefully, you'll see signs everywhere. Many of the quarter's churches are built on the foundations of Moorish mosques, an evident sign is the presence of an external cisterns for the ritual ablutions. Or else, pay attention to the bell towers; you'll see that many used to be minarets.

Corral del Carbon

by Carmela71

Actually the tourist office, (even if in this moment march 2004, is closed on renovations) It used to be a caravasar (like a hotel where the merchants lodged and where they stored their merchandise) of the XIV century

Here is the main tourist office, they will inform you about a new ticket to visit all the monuments

C/ Mariana Pineda, s/n, s/n Edificio Corral del Carbón
Telephone 958 22 59 90
Fax 958 22 39 27
E-mail otgranada@andalucia.org
Free entrance

Practising for Easter Procesions

by Carmela71

Here we saw a group of people that will be carrying the Saints during the Easter processions.

this takes a lot of practise, for months they try the itinerary so their night all goes perfect.

We can prove that that corner was not an easy one.

Mirador San Nicolás

by Christina1881

El mirador San Nicolas is a nice "plaza" from where you can "over view" a big part of Granada - as well as enjoy the most fantastic view of the Alhambra!
The "mirador" is always crowded and often you will find street-"salesmen", listen to diferent musicians (of diferent kind of standard ;-)) or see people inlove kissing on this very romantic spot!
The "mirador" is located in the beautiful Albaicin, and after a walk around the area is it a nice place to sit in one of the restaurants and enjoy something cold while watching the view!

Music - dansing - dansing - drinking

by Christina1881 about Granada Diez

I have only been here one night - and I remember that I at first thought the entrence to be rather expencive - but then when I came in all about the entrence was forgotten when seeing all the people partying and the HUGE dance-floor!
It is a really cool place that I soon hope to be able to go to again ;-) No Sneakers... else I think everything is "legal"!

Comments