NH Victoria Hotel Granada

Puerta Real, 3 18005, Granada, Spain

More about Granada

Iglesia de Santa Ana y San GilIglesia de Santa Ana y San Gil

Inside the pavilion.Inside the pavilion.

Part of the GeneralifePart of the Generalife

Centre of BaenaCentre of Baena

Renfe again

by qzaman

Hi again

I asked questions about the seating in Trenhotel from Granada to Barcelona.

That was in first page of English version of renfe.

It gave me all thos eoptions but didnt allow me to choose any.

When I hit continue, it ook me to another page

where I had to enter all the info again and then

it gave me the train and charges (this time i can choose) BUT

the prices have changed:

now it says:

Turista 62.70
Butaca Super. 83.00 ( it is greyed out, cant choose it)
Cama Turista 90.00
Cama Preferen 112.00
Cama G. Clase 157.10

The Cama Tourista familar etc are gone.

Can someone please clarify this mess.

Thanks

Qamar

Re: Renfe again

by Steve51

best to stick with spanish version if you can (just use google to translate)
I just had a look at Granada --> Barcelona "ida = one way" for 24Sep10 and the options are all there....
I think you can only book 61 days in advance ?
if you see the star beside the price, this is the estrella fare I think = early or web booking...cant remember which...but if they have been allocated that might explain the price differential

Re: Renfe again

by qzaman

Thanks a lot Pedro and Steve.

I will look again.....patiently :)

Travel Tips for Granada

Required reading

by Dabs

If you want to get a little history on Granada on the Alhambra, pick up a copy of Washington Irving's "Tales of the Alhambra".

I read through three guidebooks of the area, the best of the bunch was Lonely Planet Andalusia which had the most in depth coverage of Granada plus some historical background on the area. Frommer's Seville, Granada and Andalucia was OK, I wouldn't recommend the Eyewitness Top 10 guide, just not enough information for me.

Touristy Alhambra - but I love it !

by A2002

Visit the Alhambra & Generalife. I feel that I should have planned one full day in the amazing Alhambra. I saw many tourists groups and feel that the pace of the tour is just so fast. I can see those tourists just click here and there and go. I think those tourists in groups dun have the time to select the best views for photos... Just quickly click and go. I bought a book of Alhambra detailing the history and architecture of it. It is quite useful as we read and admire... At least I know what I am looking at :).

Spanish Phrases

by Sharrie

Yes - Si
No - No
Please - Por favor
Sorry - Lo siento
Excuse Me - Perdon
I don't understand - No comprendo
Do you speak English? - Habla usted ingles?
How are you? - Como esta usted?
Good morning - Buenos dias
Good night - Buenos noches
Good bye - Adios

Hidden villages in the Lecrin Valley

by Senoritasmile

Just 20 mins drive, south of Granada, direction Motril, you will find a whole load of small, white villages, each with their own character and charm, dotted throughout the Lecrin Valley.

Known as the 'Valley of Happiness', this is a beautiful area full of heart-stoping gorges, vast pine forests, row upon row of almond, olive, orange & lemon trees and with breath-taking views of the snowcapped Sierra Nevada.

Many of these villages appear to have changed little over the last few 100yrs - mules still meander through the streets and fresh produce is driven around the 17 or so villages, sounding a horn to alert locals that theyve arrived to do business.

I only did a whistle stop tour this week but will be returning to my particular favourites, Restabal and Melegis (which has the most amazing viewpoint sculpted by an artist from Zaragoza). I will report back with more findings.

Anything but Spanish pop...

by blint about Estrella

This is a great little popular bar that plays anything from the Rolling stones to punk, Beck or Moby.

It has a crowd of all different ages and types. Maybe from the outside you wouldn’t think to enter as there are no windows and it has NOT got a large neon side above the entrance, but believe me it's worth going in. It can get very busy from Thursday and all through the weekend, but it's SO good to listen to something else other than cheesy pop (especially Spanish cheesy pop) ANYTHING GOES!!!!

Comments