Nh Victoria

Hotel NH Victoria
Hotels.com NH Hoteles Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Granada

Panoramic photo of the Alhambra.Panoramic photo of the Alhambra.

Lions´Court - no lions.Lions´Court - no lions.

Nice view from small terrace.Nice view from small terrace.

Route through Cerro MurianoRoute through Cerro Muriano

Alhambra

by hawkhead

1. If I buy a ticket for 10.30, that is the entrance time for the Nasrid Palace, correct?

2. How much in advance should I be at the entrance to the Alhambra? I will have bought the ticket online.

3. Can I spend as long as I want in the Nasrid Palace?

4. Can I spend the rest of the day if I want to in the Alhambra complex?

Sorry to be a bit dense about all this but the more I look at the instructions, the more I overthink!

by puerto_lover

1. You buy a morning, afternoon or evening ticket using the web site. Choose the best time slot for the entry to Nasrid Palaces.

2. You should be able to collect the ticket using the machine and it will take no more than 30 minutes before you need allow to get to Nasrid entry. However you have the ticket to gain entry to the other places - Generalife and Alcazar.

3. Once inside the Nasrid you can wander at will and will not get chucked out so consider this when deciding on the timed entry slot as you may want to visit the other gated entries first.

4. There is a general area and the gated entries where your morning or afternoon ticket will determine if you can enter. So after 2pm you won't be allowed in any with a Morning ticket. .

by Roadquill

It is kind of a long walk from the entrance/ticket station to the Nasrid Palace, the first of many you will be making that day. When I was there in July there was already a line of about 100 people so I got in line 15 minutes early. Even if you get into the place at say 9 AM, there is so much to see as you walk towards the NP, that it will take you longer than you expect. Plus you have to allow for time to take the shuttle from below the Alhambra up to the entrance gate. You can easily spend a full day just inside the NP. I broke it up into 3- 2 hour stints, 2 NP, 2 Alcazar, 2 Generalife. There is a lot of up and down climbing, especially for the fortress part. I am in pretty good shape, but I was whupped by 4:30. Next time I will take some family and plan on spending two days. It is kind of like the Louvre, if you try to do it in one day you only remember coming and going. Karl

by Steve51

there are only 2 significant times....your morning or afternoon entry to the complex, and your specific timed entry to the palace.
so if you have a 10:30 ticket, I'd say that is your palace entry time.

Check it out at http://www.alhambra-patronato.es/index.php/Como-visitar-la-Alhambra/8+M5d637b1e38d/0/?&cHash=e96dd36b39.

by hawkhead

I think I understand - please bear with me.

1. If my ticket is for 10.30, that is for the Nasrid Palace. I understand that.

2. I can enter the other two - Alcazar and Generalife - any time at all, either before or after. Just as long as I am at the NP in time for my timed entry there?

3. I can wander around the whole gubbins until I am worn out - I don't have to leave by 14.00 hours?

by Steve51

yep....sounds right to me

Travel Tips for Granada

Tickets for the Alhambra

by NedHopkins

If you order and pre-pay for Alhambra tickets, you'll be able to avoid the (usually) long lines of people trying to buy same-day tickets. Instead, you'll go to a nearby bank of ATM-like machines. You'll need the credit (or debit) card with which you paid for the tickets.

The sales office (including the 'ATM-like' machines) is located at the bottom of the hill on which the Alhambra is located. If you're staying at the Parador de Granada (or the small inn next to it) -- and unless you have a car -- it'll take you up to an hour to walk down the hill, collect your tickets, and walk back up. In the heat that can be exhausting.

A better idea is to get your tickets before first going up the hill: ask your taxi driver to wait for you. The Alhambra. The Generalife. The Parador de Granada, room and meals.

Refreshing on a Hot Day!

by Hopkid

On a pleasant day, or better yet, on a hot day, there is nothing quite as refreshing as a nice copa de tinto y limon or tinto verano, the red wine and lemon soda spritzer. This drink is reputed to be a favorite among locals and certainly won’t totally brand you as a tourist as when you order a sangria. Certainly as refreshing, you’ll find tinto y limon to be less sweet than a typical sangria which was a big plus for my wife. They are so good we're going to start drinking them back home!

Like in most places of...

by redkat

Like in most places of Andalucia, Spain, you get 'tapas' when you order a beer in a local pub. (Not in the touristy ones, so you have to look where the locals go.) Tapas are little dishes, usually a sandwich or chips. They are usually very yummy but you have to eat several of them in order to satisfy your hunger. No matter if you order a big beer or a small beer (spoken: 'canyes') you will get the same abount of tapas. So if you're hungry, order 'canyes' or you'll get seriously drunk.

Drying barns in the Vega

by Senoritasmile

If you're planning to drive out and explore the many villages scattered throughout the fertile valley surrounding Granada, you may well be puzzled by some strange looking buildings and spend time with your travelling companions arguing about what they could be used for!

One of the products grown in this area is tabacco (I was more surprised by the cotton fields tho!). There are numerous 'open weave' buildings, the originals are pictured here, the more modern version are built in brick and they are used for drying the tabacco leaves. When growing, tabacco looks like tall cabbages!

Granada Flamenco

by amapola66 about Tablao de Falmenco - Albaycin

When in Granada most want to see some flamenco. I rented a house on the edge of the Albaycin with the idea to catch as much flamenco as my family could endure ; ) The nice thing about flamenco shows is that you can always take the small people who are made welcome. There is these days a large tourist industry thriving around the Granada flamenco scene. You can catch some great casual bar room flamenco if you are in the right place at the right time or you can see a show. We had a taste of both. A little local bar just as you enter Sacromonte was a fantastic place - Free entry, children welcome & outside seating for those who don't want to cram themselves into a small cave room to participate. We ended up sitting on the floor for most of the night but it was worth it for the spontanious bulerias that we saw from a local gypsy family.

We also wanted to to see some quality dancing in a show. We were advised to go to Tablao Flamenco Albaycin which was walkable from our house - it seemed like an easy option at the time. Ent. 27 euros - Well we were on holiday, the venue looked good & the views from there are spectacular. The 1st lady (pictured in a swirl here) was an amazing dancer & she graced us with a fantastic buleria that went on & on so thought we'd hit the jackpot - However the following 2 dancers were prob. advanced student level & I have experienced this in uk dance classes. Then a belly dancer who didn't really do it for me followed by a young male dancer who was nothing special at all. There was an air of 'let's get this over with' from the performers. Only one drink included in the ticket price & then it was over. The first lady 'was' the show really - we felt short changed. On leaving we heard more flamenco sounds & on looking up we saw that they were running the same show similtaniously upstairs with the SAME dancers! Noo wonder the dancers looked in a hurry! Overpriced & definitely taking advantage of tourists hoping to see a quality show - I cannot recommend it for the price! As you come.

Comments