Posada Dona Lupe

Posada Dona Lupe
Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

Satisfaction Terrible

Cheap Basic Friendly Hostal

Apart from its ideal location, being opposite The Alhambra Palace- The Dona Lupe is a hostel with character, and it's cheap! Another bonus is- it has a swimming pool on its roof terrace!
    Yes, it's small, but it's a pool!

Prices start at GB7 pounds- so quite a bargain!
    Afraid I didn't get time to have a swim, but next time I'm here, I will!

The terrace was a great spot for enjoying a solitary view of the sunset and a cool beer (purchased from the reception area)

Please see my other accom tips about this hostal for more info/photos.

Unique Quality: View over to Granada and mountains - Can't see much of the Alhambra - just part of the grounds.

It was too cold (beginning of May) to try the pool, but quite warm until the sun went down- so had chance to read , while sprawled on one of the reclining loungers.

Directions: Opposite The Alhambra Palace entrance/coach park

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Posada Dona Lupe Hostal (my room)

As I mentioned in my previous tip, my room was clean, but basic.
    I was only here for 2 nights, so this was fine for me. I much prefer a clean cheap basic room, so I can spend more on seeing the sights, enjoying the local food and drink etc!

I booked through the hostelz site on t' internet- prices were advertised as starting at £7 per night . I paid £18 per night for single , exterior room, which I think was their top price. As I said in my previous tip - I was a bit disappointed, because I spotted some other exterior rooms had better views, (but on hind sight, I think these were double rooms) (yup us solo travellers are used to being put in the cubby holes!)

Unique Quality: Well, I think it was great value (despite my mini moan above!)
    This was a quirky hostel with character!

Opposite The Alhambra, friendly, helpful staff, swimming pool/ roof terrace, and very cheap!

Directions: Opposite the Alhambra main Gate/ Coach Park. Just Up the hill from The Hotel Guadaloupe.(76 - 104 euros p/n according to LP)
    Local mini bus from Plaza Nueva stops at Alhambra.

Cheap Basic Friendly Hostal

I chose this accom. due to its cheapness, and as it was located opposite the Alhambra.
    Also it advertised a rooftop swimming pool!

The advert showed prices started at £7 for a dorm. room! I paid more (about £18 for a single exterior room with en suite)

I found the Dona Lupe to be basic, but clean. The staff were all friendly and helpful.

I was a bit disappointed with my room, (321) although clean it was a bit small (The bathroom was 'quite compact') and the view from my room was disappointing, especially after I peeped into a couple of rooms down the corridor which had balconies! But it was adequate for my 2 nights stay.

1.20 euros buys you breakfast of coffee and pastry/croissant, which I enjoyed.

There are lots of vending machines for drinks, cigarettes, chewing gum, and sandwiches (2 euros) beer etc. Condom machine near the lift!

Unique Quality: The rooftop pool is small, but looked clean, enclosed in a glass walling. Afraid I didn't get chance to swim.

The sun terrace has many sun loungers. I enjoyed watching the sunset over Granada from here. ( I had intended to view from St Nicholas, but at least here I had the view of the sunset to myself!)

Its location means that you are handy for an early morning attempt to get your Alhambra ticket!

I visited the Alhambra at night, so it was handy for returning to after dark.

Its about a 10-15 minute walk downhill to Plaza Nuevo.

Local buses 30 and 32 stop nearby. The Granada tourbuses stop opposite in the bus park also.

Directions: Opposite The Alhambra Palace bus park.

Uphill from the souvenir shops and Guadaloupe Hotel.

More about Posada Dona Lupe

A clean, cheap, youth hostel in Granada? anyone?

by janeod31

For night of June 5th

Re: A clean, cheap, youth hostel in Granada? anyone?

by Mozumbus

We stayed at Posada Dona Lupe right in front of Alhambra. That was very very cheap and clean enough. We booked through hostelworld.com

Room size were good. breakfast: cappacino+cookies included. There is a rooftop swimming pool also to beat the heat.

Check my Review for further information: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/120e17/4112d/3/

Re: A clean, cheap, youth hostel in Granada? anyone?

by unaS

If you are looking for a dorm bed, then not applicable, but if you are interested in a good budget hotel then try the Hostal Sonia:

Different rates are given on different sites for this hotel. The rates on the hostal's own site are the best. I paid around Euro 40 for a single (ensuite) last September.

Gran Via Colon 38
Directions: Gran Via is the major street in Granada. In the same building as the Hostal Atenas, which was known to the taxi driver from the bus station, (Estación de Autobuses de Granada) Carretera de Jaén.

Comments