Rural Mirasierra Hotel Granada

C/ Ventorrillo 5, 18160, Granada, 18160, Spain

More about Granada

Cloister open to publicCloister open to public

A small cornerA small corner

Outside of the Casa ParroquiaOutside of the Casa Parroquia

Route out of Moclin alongside Moorish CastleRoute out of Moclin alongside Moorish Castle

Snowboarding

by elbrady

I was just wondering if it would be advisable to bring your own snowboarding gear or rent it from the resorts there?

by gfinesilver

from what i hear about that place is that there are rentals, but not really quality gear. if that's not an issue, then rent.

by chrisalbayzin

In the resort itself you will find plenty of options to rent. I live in Granada, but still I prefer renting to get each year the best equipment and avoid storage problems.

Enjoy the Sierra Nevada,
Chris

by chrisalbayzin

Hi !

Best renting in the ski resort. a shop called "Spin" has English speaking staff. also they are very serious and friendly ! My rental skies disappeared when I was having lunch last week and they really went of their way to find them again.

They could have charged me for the skies, instead they said they well wait for a few days and try to find them in the other shops and they did !!

Enjoy skying !
Chris

Travel Tips for Granada

A walk about...

by Christina1881

To take a walk around the narrow streets in the Albaicin will for me always be connected with being in Granada.
I have now been in Granada several times and everytime I go there I take a walk around this old neighbourhood - without my map - just going down new streets that I have never seen before.
It is always fasinating what I end up seing and who I might end up meeting. The Albaicin is such a beautiful place to spend a cool day walking around.

ALBAYCÍN

by Carmela71

Take Carrera de Darro (from Plaza Nueva) until the Paseo de los tristes (you should come here in the afternoon when the sun goes down and the Alhambra lights get on, lots of terrazas to have tapas and drinks...), climb the little streets up to the Miradores, where you can enjoy beautiful views of the Alhambra ... and get yourself lost.... (well at least that’s what I always do, but never at night...), I always finish (I wonder how I manage lol) at Calle Carreteria, where I feel transported to a morocco Zoco, and enjoy some tea and sweets in any of the morocco tea shops there....

During the climb see that all the gardens are called Carmen, as my name... :-)

Most of the inhabitants of this quater at the11th century were Jews. They ruled the city until the XII century, when the Muslims took the power and the Nazaries were in powere for 2 centuries, till in 1492 the catholic recovered the city..

Packing List

by Maggies

Granada is pretty warm all year round. But it lies at over 700 meters and it can get quite chilly at night, especially in winter. So, bring some jacket... I don't think you will ever need an umbrella here, it's always sunny.

The old Albaicin hammam

by call_me_rhia

In all Moorish towns, each quarter had its own hammam or public bathhouse- and there's a very old one to visit in the Albaicin area, on your way to the mirador. There you can see how baths really would have looked like - and yes, they were really fancy and adorned. When people took their bath, they took it in style. The patio with its fountain is charming, the frigidarium cosy and the colums of the calidarium nicely ornated. A very plesant place, indeed.

The old Albaicin hammam is located just before the archaeological museum, on the left side. There's a sign pointing to it. Entrance is free.

On foot

by Dabs

Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE to walk, you get to see so much more, can dart down mysterious alleyways, weave your way in and out of shops and churches. Plus you get to work off a few calories, definitely a plus for me since eating is my other favorite travel activity.

I thought Granada was very walkable but if you're limited in your walking abilities you might look into taking a bus or taxi up to the Alhambra since from every approach it's an uphill climb. And touring the old Arab Quarter (Albacian) also involves a lot of climbing but well worth the effort for the spectacular views of the Alhambra and the snow capped Sierra Nevada mountains and all the interesting sights you will come upon along the way.

Comments