San Gabriel Hotel

Costs 23% less but rated 32% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Granada

The AlhambraThe Alhambra

Rusadir travel :(Rusadir travel :(

Hostal Sonia sign is by my windowHostal Sonia sign is by my window

Route approaching first of the quarriesRoute approaching first of the quarries

travel from Granada to Seville

by lynn1234

How long is the trip by train from Granada to Seville? Also bus? I need to catch a flight from Seville by 1:15 p.m. Can I reserve online or better to do in country...

thanks

by johnincornwall

Just a quick search on RENFE shows that the first train leaves Granada at 08.20, arriving at Sevilla Santa Justa at 11.28 (any day I think). That will be cutting it a bit fine I think. Dont do buses, sorry. Without more info on your critical itinerary it would be difficult for people to help you - for example could you stay in Sevilla the night before? Is your flight internal or international?

ESTACIÓN LLEGADA SALIDA
DOS HERMANAS11.10 11.11
SAN BERNARDO11.24 11.24
SEVILLA 11.28

by lynn1234

I think we may have to go to Seville the night before.... or else rent a car early in the a.m. and drive... thanks for your info

by Steve51

alsa is the main bus company www.alsa.es, but www.movella.es will give you more companies to choose from
I think the bus if faster than the train in this case

by Jesperp

Please, take the train to Seville the day before and book a night at a cheap hostel in Seville.

EA (Airport bus line)
The EA bus line connects Seville’s San Pablo Airport with the city center. The bus stops close to the Santa Justa train station, the Prado de San Sebastian regional bus station and the Tram stop adjacent to the Prado. The closest stop to the city center is Avda. Del Cid. From this stop one can walk 2 – 3 minutes and take the Tram further into the city center.

The above is from this website: http://www.sevilla5.com/sevilla/transportation.html

by Jesperp

Hostels: http://www.hostelworld.com/

by Mozumbus

As suggested above, it would not be possible for you to make it the same day.

So, if it appears that you need to be there a night before then why not spend the night in Cordob and then take early morning bus/train to Sevilla...

Travel Tips for Granada

Spanish language schools in Granada

by kuzumoto

Hi there,
I´m posting a blog that will give an insight to every language school I know of in Granada as well as their accomodations. I´m just beginning but if you want to take a look inside , please be my guest.
spanish-courses-in-granada-blogspot.com

Pink Sunsets

by blint

In Segovia the sunset is orange, but here in Granada the sunset is pink like in Tuscany Italia. I love it. It casts a pink glow on everything before the sun goes down.

This photo was taken from inside the Alhambra complex looking out at the Albaicin and surrounding mountains.

Where are all the pomegranates?

by Dabs

The pomegranate appears on the city of Granada's coat of arms and Granada is the Spanish word for pomegranate so I expected to see pomegranates everywhere but the pomegranate I found on the side of this building and these little metal posts that divided the street from the sidewalk were the only ones I saw. Well, except for the really, really, really tacky smiling pomegranate souvenir I picked up for my husband, it looks like someone has taken a couple of big bites out of his head, the poor little fellow!

Would it have hurt to have a few dancing pomegranates in the Plaza Bib-Rambla? All we saw was an overheated Barney (you know, the I love you, you love me magenta dinosaur that seemingly rational adults loathe to the point of violence) and some really annoying mimes. Yes, I know annoying mimes is redundant.....

Photo Opt on the path to the Alhambra

by racheljapi

It's kind of corny but a very cute spot. When walking to or from the Alhambra look to the side for a big tree stump. This stump is hollow and you can climb inside for a cool picture. It's on the path from Plaza Nueva to the street Cuesta de Gomére.

Flamenco 'au lait'

by aaaarrgh about Cafe au Lait

Cafe au Lait has FREE flamenco every night (except Wednesday, I think). That must mean Catarina, the young dancer, must be one of the fittest people in Andalucia!! They have two performances per night, at 7:30 and 9:30pm. I can't understand why there were so few people watching (well, it was Sunday night I suppose). We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, there was no catch, the guitar playing and dancing was superb.

Carlos, the guitar player was a joy to watch and to listen to. Extremely skillful. Catarina started dancing wearing ballet shoes, then changed her skirt and shoes mid-dance, which was unusual. Catarina was far too sweet to look like the angry flamenco women I have seen in the past, but certainly earned the whole two euros I put into her collection tin ;-)

Apparently Cafe au Lait do a good breakfast, but I cannot confirm this rumour. Spanish, English, French and Norwegian spoken!! Very casual. Carlos was dressed like he was ready to go out for a jog. And Catarina looked like she had raided by neice's dressing-up box. And everyone else there was equally casually dressed.

Comments