Autovia A92, Guadix, 18500, Spain

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 34% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Guadix

Sierra Nevada Mountains from GuadixSierra Nevada Mountains from Guadix

Cave homes, Stacey giving size, Guadix, SpainCave homes, Stacey giving size, Guadix, Spain

Cave homes, Guadix, SpainCave homes, Guadix, Spain

Cave hotel, Zohara relaxing, Guadix, SpainCave hotel, Zohara relaxing, Guadix, Spain

Travel Tips for Guadix

Guadix Cathedral

by Martin_S.

As in all middling to large villages or cities, Guadix has its own cathedral sitting very prominetly at the entrance to the town...here they also have a fountain with some greenry which makes the view much nicer. Usually I will not enter places of religion, but I do enjoy the architecture from outside. This particular structure looks like it has had its ups and downs and things added to it over the years.

Architecture around town

by Martin_S.

As I have said I love architecture so Guadix was no exception when it came to wandering the streets to see what I could find. The first photo shows a building that had numerous square holes in the exterior, what in the world are they for...we conjectured that they may have been to hold up the scaffolding during construction...someone else suggested pigeon holes and even a type of structural strengthening point where you could place a beam spanning the width of the house like we saw quite often in the Netherlands.
The arched bridge over the roadway to connect the cathedral to the nearby building was nice also, reminded me of Venice without the water.

Guadix sunset

by Martin_S.

It was nice sitting on the quiet hillside (or rather on our porch) at the cave hotel and enjoying our first Guadix sunset. It was surprising that we were less than 100 meters from the highway, yet we could not hear the cars.

Lacalahorra

by Beach_dog

Small town just a few kilometers from Guadix, it has a spectacular hilltop castle, some interesting buildings and incredible views of the Sierra Nevada mountains.

More info on my Lacalahorra page.

Run down?

by blint

Even if some of the houses in the main part of town look a little run down, I think this adds to the charm of the place so don't rule out just walking around the streets. Go get lost and take lots of photos.

Comments